I prefer Drake Maye over Caleb Williams

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Also the QB nobody is talking about is is J.J McCarthy. You can take it to the bank he's going in the top half of the first round and is built for the NFL both physically and Mentally.
You think he comes out?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Mahomes had 15 INTs in his sophomore year (13 games), including 4 in one game and 8 in his 'toughest 3. '

Eight in those three games is as many as Williams had in his career before the ND game. Mahomes had I think 29 in his career.

Numbers don't always tell a great story in terms of college to pros for QBs.
Numbers don't tell nearly the story.

Truth be told, whatever makes great QBs great, can't be measured. It's the mental piece--their study habits, ability to take in and process information, decision making and accuracy.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Only A two yr starter probably because the Covid yr, Didn’t play his Sr. yr of HS
If the first pick then grab the best LT. Because he probably starts day 1.

Williams looked overmatched vs an average DL. In Notre Dame, IMO. He fits better in NOLA, MINN, Indy, or ATL

# 10 Carolina Blue, what could go wrong?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The hype does make sense. People are just too football stupid to understand what they're watching. He plays with in the structure of the offensive plenty. His arm talent, ability to create (backyard football as some would say) is as good as I've seen since Mahomes at Texas tech. And what ties all of those things together is his field vision & instincts. He's naturally a step above everyone on the field in both of those departments.

Every QB is gonna have a clunker now and then. It's the nature of the position

He consistently faces bottom defenses and anytime he faces a legit good defense he does not impress. But go on about people being football stupid instead of simply disagreeing.

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So Drake Maye had 38-7 last year and he's too INT prone according to the experts. Okay then

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Always amuses me when the troll bitches who always like to come after me for getting facts wrong ( really just differences of opinion but they act like their opinion is fact) then proceed to get their facts wrong. :beer::smug2:
He just got his teams mixed up. He ain’t trolling

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
So Drake Maye had 38-7 last year and he's too INT prone according to the experts. Okay then
That's not my worry with him. He likes to lock into his first read things can get shaky for him if he's forced to scan the field.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have alot of ties at UofM athletic department and what Ive heard is his leaning heavily towards it but also wants to win a college championship more than anything so he could stay another year too.
That 3 pick game worried me. Looking forward to seeing him later in the year vs some better competition

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He’s competing 67% of his passes and has an INT % that’s still relatively low. And he ain’t exactly a checkdown artist like Jordan Love is. Where are you getting your info from? Advanced stats love his numbers. I really haven’t watched him like @Anytime23 has but what your conclusion doesn’t match up to advanced metrics.

@Anytime23? He doesn't watch anything that could help any fan make a choice. Was that a joke?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you want numbers draft Penix and his 14sec throw. People should just actually watch more than 1-2 games. The stupid conversations and nitpicking happening with prospects is nauseating.

Dane Brugler a week or so ago said the gap between Maye and “best qb since Peyton Manning” Caleb Williams is razor thin.
So you just watch Dane Brugler on youtube and go off of what he says....Got it.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Does @Bust have the googles on USC and UNC NFL QBs?