I prefer Drake Maye over Caleb Williams

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
It’s fine to have an opinion, but I think this one’s going to end up being wrong.

Every single NFL scout Sports Illustrated talked with said Williams is the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning. The general manager they spoke with on anonymity said Williams would’ve easily gone #1 over guys like Trevor Lawrence & Joe Burrow.

I’ll be surprised if Caleb Williams isn’t a top 10 QB in his rookie year, maybe even better.

Those scouts are infinitely more knowledgeable than me, but those same scouts get it wrong all the time as well. Hell, Young went #1 last year. I had Stroud as QB1 by far. Am I better than pro scouts? No…but even the best football minds get it wrong more often than not. Especially at QB.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Ooh, scouts!

Greg Gabriel -> former scout, now angry old man on Twitter
Ryan Pace -->former GM, now scout, gets Phil Emery's Earl Grey tea at the Falcons facility
Phil Emery --> former GM, now Falcons scout
Falcons --> Desmond Ridder

Caveroamer

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Williams will bust in Chicago, no? The only way this works for the Bears is to do the complete opposite of what they have tried before. Draft a guy you will sit behind an established veteran for 2-3 years. That veteran should be Russell Wilson. Use what could be the number 1 and 2 picks to load up on draft picks and grab a QB prospect in the middle of the first. Denver doesn’t want Wilson and his contract is pretty reasonable going forward. You have Wilson with DJ Moore and MHJ? What’s not to like. All while rookie QB gets to learn and watch.

What's not to like? The Russell Wilson part. Fields is still under contract. Just do all that but have Fields who is a mobile QB start another year giving the rookie time to learn, the O-line time to gel so the rookie doesn't get killed and hey, there's always the off chance Fields really does put it together and you can either keep him long term or trade him for the jackpot and start the new kid the next year. and if Fields does put it together that year, hype up how the new kid is doing and trade him for the jackpot. Seems more win win win with no Wilson character issues or contract. Saving the resources to fix other areas that desperately need fixing.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
What's not to like? The Russell Wilson part. Fields is still under contract. Just do all that but have Fields who is a mobile QB start another year giving the rookie time to learn, the O-line time to gel so the rookie doesn't get killed and hey, there's always the off chance Fields really does put it together and you can either keep him long term or trade him for the jackpot and start the new kid the next year. and if Fields does put it together that year, hype up how the new kid is doing and trade him for the jackpot. Seems more win win win with no Wilson character issues or contract. Saving the resources to fix other areas that desperately need fixing.

Shouldn’t need to give up anything to acquire Wilson. Denver takes a huge dead cap hit if they release or trade so they will be stuck just giving him away for nothing. Based on Wilson’s contract, the best time to release him would be in 2 years so that aligns well with development plan for rookie QB.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
With how much hero ball that Caleb Williams plays, I'd be concerned that he's playing hero ball too much against dudes that won't be playing on Sunday. And when it's time to play on Sunday, they're going to fucking dunk on him.

I don't know, man. I don't think he's the prospect that everyone makes him out to be. He's not a "can't miss Patrick Mahomes clone" like some dudes make him out to be. Couple that with some potential questions about his attitude, and it seems a bit dicey. But fuck it, let's draft him. What could go wrong in Chicago?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Listening to a PFF video on YouTube going over QBs.

One thing they're talking about that stood out to me was Caleb Williams time to throw. He's at 3.21s. No one else is really close.

He holds the ball forever just like Fields.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know, man. I don't think he's the prospect that everyone makes him out to be. He's not a "can't miss Patrick Mahomes clone" like some dudes make him out to be. Couple that with some potential questions about his attitude, and it seems a bit dicey. But fuck it, let's draft him. What could go wrong in Chicago?
Thing is, Patrick Mahomes wasn't "can't miss" when he came out. Lots of teams passed on him. Hell, even Aaron Rogers was passed up a ton. When the experts don't know what they're doing, what hope is there for us mouth-breathing, keyboard warriors on the CCS?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thing is, Patrick Mahomes wasn't "can't miss" when he came out. Lots of teams passed on him. Hell, even Aaron Rogers was passed up a ton. When the experts don't know what they're doing, what hope is there for us mouth-breathing, keyboard warriors on the CCS?
So this. As much as I liked Fields coming out and think he'll play a lot of games in this league, I'm now leaning to him not being a destination. Anticipation and situational awareness should be better by now. I honestly hope that I'm wrong.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I really don’t think you get it. Most of us on CCS have been offered GM positions with an NFL franchise but we’re too busy fucking models and partying with middle eastern sultans to bother…

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Ooh, scouts!

Greg Gabriel -> former scout, now angry old man on Twitter
Ryan Pace -->former GM, now scout, gets Phil Emery's Earl Grey tea at the Falcons facility
Phil Emery --> former GM, now Falcons scout
Falcons --> Desmond Ridder
you mean the Greg Gabriel who yelled at people on twitter about how they would find out next year how wrong they were on Chase Claypool, there were rumors about Claypool PRIOR to the trade that he was a locker room distraction, all of this easy to find except by Ryan Poles of course.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I distinctly remember on draft night when they drafted Fields there was a guy on Twitter who provided some graph and said Field's takes X amount of time to get the ball out and zero QB's who take that long have ever made it in the NFL. When he first came to Nagy they immediately went to work on making his release faster

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Mahomes threw more than 2x the number of INTs per game compared to Williams, including one game with 4 and like five or six with 2.

Deshaun Watson was even worse.

It's pretty much all traits they are looking for, not stats.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

Bears analytics department trying to evaluate available qbs.