I rewatched the Bears Eagles playoff game....

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
I'm siding with Vision on this one.

I agree the line wasn't great last year, and had an especially bad game vs. Philly, but I think people are forgetting just how insanely good the Eagles line was.

Fletcher Cox is the best interior defensive lineman not named Aaron Donald.
Michael Bennett is a douchebag, but he's still a Pro-Bowl level defensive end.
Chris Long and Brandon Graham were both excellent ends in tandem.

Any team's offensive line is going to have more than their hands full dealing with that type of a line.

Moving forward, swapping Whitehair and Daniels is going to pay major dividends, as they play in their more natural position. Chemistry is critical for lines. I get that the line doesn't have the highest ceiling, but having them back together is going to allow them to maximize their potential.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
We had no cap space to sign anybody meaningful. This is the price you pay for having Khalil Mack (totally worth it by the way)
We have 16 million at the moment, I believe

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’m glad some of you can rewatch these losses. It is too hard for me....

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've said it time and time again. Kyle Long is nearly worthless. Any RT you put next to Kyle Long is going to look bad when he is playing like shit. Its not a coincidence that Leno looked perfectly fine when Kyle was riding the pine. Long is dead weight both as a player and cap space.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've said it time and time again. Kyle Long is nearly worthless. Any RT you put next to Kyle Long is going to look bad when he is playing like shit. Its not a coincidence that Leno looked perfectly fine when Kyle was riding the pine. Long is dead weight both as a player and cap space.

I know right?

It is as if some of us have been preaching this for so many years and so many millions of wasted dollars. Like remember when Kyle Long signed a ten million a year deal from a ****ing hospital bed?!? Does this seriously happen anywhere outside of Lake Forest?!?

Why is the spawn of Howie Long playing Guard anyway???

It only took Dear Sweet Mitchell losing his first playoff game to finally bring in converts. Even Ryan Pace asked for a refund...it was that bad.

But he's a meathead's wet dream...so let's try this one more time, Kyle. Before you turn 40.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know right?

It is as if some of us have been preaching this for so many years and so many millions of wasted dollars. Like remember when Kyle Long signed a ten million a year deal from a ****ing hospital bed?!? Does this seriously happen anywhere outside of Lake Forest?!?

Why is the spawn of Howie Long playing Guard anyway???

It only took Dear Sweet Mitchell losing his first playoff game to finally bring in converts. Even Ryan Pace asked for a refund...it was that bad.

But he's a meathead's wet dream...so let's try this one more time, Kyle. Before you turn 40.
I heard he punches the ground when he messes up. I was told on this board that shows fire and will when a player punches the ground in anger for sucking. Can you confirm?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard he punches the ground when he messes up. I was told on this board that shows fire and will when a player punches the ground in anger for sucking. Can you confirm?

I can confirm. I have even seen him swing at human beings in live games and seen reports of some "firey" practices with his own teammates.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can confirm @Urblock is a borderline psychotic Special person and huge Kyle long/trump supporter, is there a connection?

Yikes thats quite the damnation... even most idiotic Kyle Long supporters are smart enough not to support the pathetic Cheetoh in the White House lol.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’m just waiting for posters like @halftime and @bearmick to tell us how it was Mitch’s fault we lost because of his “poor” performance in the first half

Don't really see how you can single out anyone. Several people either underachieved or fucked up, all contributing to the Bears falling short.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Its called a domino effect and its a very real thing in the NFL. Not that you would realize it.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Don't really see how you can single out anyone. Several people either underachieved or fucked up, all contributing to the Bears falling short.
And yet you’ve singled out Mitch multiple times even comparing him to Cutler in the NFCCG against Green Bay

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
And yet you’ve singled out Mitch multiple times even comparing him to Cutler in the NFCCG against Green Bay

Dude talks out of both sides of his mouth when discussing the Bears QB. Always has, always will.