I think we’re going to have to worry about Jordan Love being great, guys.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Watson was on his way to the end zone when Peters grabbed the back of the collar on Watson's jersey and flung him down. It was a textbook horse-collar tackle, but it saved the touchdown.

The play ended at the Las Vegas six. Green Bay got three yards for the penalty. And the Packers failed to score a touchdown. The field goal gave them a 13-10 lead.

The Packers would not score again. The Raiders added a touchdown, making the final tally 17-13.

It was a smart manipulation of the rules by Peters, a desperation move that worked. Even if it also was a blatant violation.

And while it rarely happens that the last man with a clear shot at the ball carrier uses a horse-collar tackle to prevent him from scoring, it's a wrinkle that the league should consider when tweaking rules in the offseason. If the technique, which has been prohibited for nearly two decades, is aimed at protecting players against lower-body injuries, an argument could be made in situations like this to grant the offense the touchdown.

This is some funny shit. Imagine thinking a rule should be changed because your below average team couldn't score from 1st and goal from the 3 and lost to another below average team.

Honestly banishing Marcus Peters from the NFL should be considered.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Did anyone else find it absolutely hilarious when Love decided to run for 10 meaningless yards at the end of the 1st half on what should have been a Hail Mary attempt and then he actually thought there was 1 second left on the clock when it had expired easily..
That's worse than Zach Wilson level of bad clock management at the end of the half.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Did anyone else find it absolutely hilarious when Love decided to run for 10 meaningless yards at the end of the 1st half on what should have been a Hail Mary attempt and then he actually thought there was 1 second left on the clock when it had expired easily..
That shit was hilarious. It reminded me of Trubisky throwing the ball away at the end of the half.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
God I hope he sucks but we all have to remember he’s a 1st year starter. He’s just about the same as Fields was in his 1st year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Not apples to apples. Love got to sit for multiple years and should know the offense inside, out and backwards.

Maybe by the time his hairline is fully gone he might have a grasp of the offense.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
God I hope he sucks but we all have to remember he’s a 1st year starter. He’s just about the same as Fields was in his 1st year.
Lol, he’s been in the same system; it’s his 4th year. He doesn’t get that benefit of the doubt in his 4th year.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol. Wrong.

I like how much you shit on Fields, but you're gonna give Love the benefit of the doubt in his 4th season in the same offense. 🤣

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Northwestern Wildcats
The biggest concern with Love is that he’s bad enough to go 2-15 and potentially sneak in front of Carolina’s pick and they’ll grab Caleb Williams

I don’t know if I want the Bears to take Williams, but I’d rather trade that number 1 for someone else to do it.