I watched the entire draft - my thoughts /good/bad/ugly

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Lions are idiots - picked Gibbs & Campbell way too high, could have them in RD #2
not at positions of greatest need, I know they dumped Swift but still
they paid Monty a lot of $$'s

Pat's & Bill - crazy that he still thinks he's smarter than everyone else and wasted
2 valuable picks on a Kicker & Punter and picked a few small school
undersized linemen, must think he's Poles.

Jet's - Got boxed out needed OT and panicked for Will McDonald when all the OT's
were gone, could have had him in Rd # 2

Texans - aren't messing around going after both Stroud & Will Jr. Refreshing to see someone
have the courage of their convictions and go all in.

Bears - My first thought is "where's our center", what the hell Poles! I'm a fan of his but
hope he knows what he's doing there. Mostly love the other picks
Darnell Wright - best T in the draft s/b a home run.
Gervon Dexter - higher rated than Jalen Carter out of HS, he will be a monster
Zack Pickens - solid player and rotating with Dexter will collapse the pocket
T. Stevenson - solid future starter, same with Terrill Smith
Roschon Johnson - love this pick, if we took an RB he was the one I wanted, former
highly rated QB, low miles starter for anyone else w/o Bijan
Tyler Scott - good job, fast, good open field, hard worker, will see a lot of snaps next
year. Got him for the 4th we got for Robert Quinn. Nice
Noah Sewell - I watched everyone of his games @ Oregon and he's Bears LB, the real deal
deal, like a heat seeking rocket, immediate impact long term guy. 5 star in HS, a 1st rounder last year if he cam out.
All in all I'm happy with what we got, probably 4 future starters which is great and we are definitely
better today. Go Bears

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Lions are idiots - picked Gibbs & Campbell way too high, could have them in RD #2

Pat's & Bill - crazy that he still thinks he's smarter than everyone else and wasted

Jet's - Got boxed out needed OT and panicked for Will McDonald when all the OT's

Texans - aren't messing around going after both Stroud & Will Jr. Refreshing to see someone

Bears - My first thought is "where's our center", what the hell Poles! I'm a fan of his but
Roschon Johnson - love this pick, if we took an RB he was the one I wanted, former
Tyler Scott - good job, fast, good open field, hard worker, will see a lot of snaps next
Noah Sewell - I watched everyone of his games @ Oregon and he's Bears LB, the real deal
deal, like a heat seeking rocket, immediate impact long term guy. 5 star in HS, a 1st rounder last year if he cam out.
All in all I'm happy with what we got, probably 4 future starters which is great and we are definitely
better today. Go Bears
It's hard to say that certain guys would have been available in round 2 if not for that pick (Campbell, McDonald, etc) but they were reaches. At this point all you really have to grade a team on is if they maximized value on their picks. Did I get a good prospect relative to the position he was picked? The Lions and Jets failed on that with their first rounders for sure. NFL.com had Campbell's prospect scores at 80. You had to go to pick 37 to find the next guy at 80 or under. Maybe the lions outsmarted the league though, we shall see.

mecha

Liked Posts:
It's hard to say that certain guys would have been available in round 2 if not for that pick (Campbell, McDonald, etc) but they were reaches. At this point all you really have to grade a team on is if they maximized value on their picks. Did I get a good prospect relative to the position he was picked? The Lions and Jets failed on that with their first rounders for sure. NFL.com had Campbell's prospect scores at 80. You had to go to pick 37 to find the next guy at 80 or under. Maybe the lions outsmarted the league though, we shall see.
I expect Packers to regress, Vikings to continue to be paper champion jabronis that may also regress, and Bears to have a slight uptick. Lions on paper are the superior team in the division. if they don't win the division then I would dismiss them as catastrophic failures.

with our luck however they may wind up winning a playoff game and ending their 65~ year drought. who knows.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

better today. Go Bears
I made a list like this in 2015 that went over very well. It's still living on in 2023.

@Anytime23

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

better today. Go Bears
While I largely agree the Lions are idiots and reached for both players in the 1st round, both still have good chance to be impact players and that's really all you want in the end. They also managed to get 1st round type talent in the 2nd w/Branch. The LaPorta pick seems like a bit of a reach too but I don't necessarily think so. Likely to see him produce from the start as well, excellent YAC guy. Hooker, in the 3rd, seemed like a good grab for them. I'm not that high on him but you never know. I've definitely seen them have worse drafts.

CCS people like to hate on Bill's picks all the time as if he had the longest running dynasty by being bad at drafting. LMAO. That's just one of those idiotic CCS narratives.

Don't know what's up with Will McDonald really. Had seen him projected as high as the 1st and as low as 5th or 6th round. Time will only tell there but seems like an odd pick to me too.

Wouldn't say Wright was best OT in draft, mostly just cause it's not true. Skoronski would have been the better choice I believe. Again, time will tell.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I personally don't feel the same way about the Bears draft. Outside of Wright (I wanted Carter or Skoronski), I feel every one of them is a project. There is no definitive starter among either of the 2nds or the 3rd. All 3 should be Day 1 starters on the worst team in the NFL loaded with holes. One of the DTs might start by default just due to lack of other options. Both DTs were very inconsistent in college and need a lot of coaching. This draft comes off as being very underwhelming to me.

I personally think Detroit did well with their draft. They added a lot of parts and a some starters and should be the favorites to win the division.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Given how FA and draft went Poles must still be sold on Patricks ability to be a quality iOL. Not sure I feel the same way after the limited but poor tape he put up but at least with Whitehair the floor is a lot higher than (for example) what we rolled in to '22 with at OT.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

better today. Go Bears

Wow, what a clueless fuck you are.

Seriously.

Lions turned the #6 pick into not one, but two immediate starters. A dynamic RB that runs a 4.35 and can line up in multiple places, and a pass catching YAC monster of a TE (lions have two good blocking TE's already). Instead, you would have them taking maybe the 3rd or 4th DE/DT? that is two starters that will contribute immediately.

Then they took the best LB in the draft, filling another need.

Then they turned around and stole a first round talent with Brian Branch (an immediate starter on the Bears btw).

Now you are up to not one, not two, but 4 starters.

And then, to top it all off, they took another 1st round talent, Hendon Hooker, in the third.

They then filled out their draft with a immovable space eating DT that will play nose, and a little known tackle that will project into being a stud guard/swing tackle in the future.

What did the Bears get? One starter and a handful of projects that might eventually develop into starters? yet the Bears are genius's and the Lions are idiots?

Dumb fucks like you are so tied up into "positional value" they can't see the bigger picture.

3-4 Day one starters at positions of need is a good draft, anyway you want to slice it.

The Bears had the number one overall pick, and didn't end up with near as many. Will they eventually? Time will tell.

But the window for the Lions is now, and they did very well.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

better today. Go Bears
I love the Wright , Stevenson, Johnson and Scott picks, but the 2 DT picks were meh