Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

6. Detroit Lions​

• Grade: A
Draft picks: RB Jahmyr Gibbs, LB Jack Campbell, TE Sam LaPorta, S Brian Branch, QB Hendon Hooker, DT Brodric Martin, OT Colby Sorsdal, WR Antoine Green

Analysis: There's a tendency to knock the Lions for Brad Holmes, their GM, getting a little aggressive and perhaps over-drafting Gibbs and Campbell a little in the first round. But Detroit is in "win big" now mode and those players will have massive immediate impact, much like Aidan Hutchinson. LaPorta and Branch also were great values to fill two more voids. Getting Hooker to stash behind Jared Goff was gravy. Detroit is a lot more than strong NFC North favorite in 2023.

You're right.

fucking idiots

Literally 28th in defensive DVOA

"Ready to win now"

??

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you don't think the Lions have improved their D at all, I imagine adding two high priced LB's in FA was the answer?

You know what their defensive dvoa was the year before that? 29th

So please enlighten me how they're going to make a huge jump from 28th

?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know what their defensive dvoa was the year before that? 29th

So please enlighten me how they're going to make a huge jump from 28th

?
Hmm, lets see.
some progression/improvement from rookies Hutchinson/Pascal/McNeil/Houston
a completely revamped secondary
adding the best LB in the draft
Adding a stud Safety NB in the draft
Getting Tracy Walker back healthy.
Playing the Bears twice

Seriously, your much better off sticking to be a yes boy than trying to think of original thoughts.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Will look forward to you disappearing at some point mid-season when the Lions defense gets shit on again

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Lions are idiots - picked Gibbs & Campbell way too high, could have them in RD #2
not at positions of greatest need, I know they dumped Swift but still
they paid Monty a lot of $$'s

Pat's & Bill - crazy that he still thinks he's smarter than everyone else and wasted
2 valuable picks on a Kicker & Punter and picked a few small school
undersized linemen, must think he's Poles.

Jet's - Got boxed out needed OT and panicked for Will McDonald when all the OT's
were gone, could have had him in Rd # 2

Texans - aren't messing around going after both Stroud & Will Jr. Refreshing to see someone
have the courage of their convictions and go all in.

Bears - My first thought is "where's our center", what the hell Poles! I'm a fan of his but
hope he knows what he's doing there. Mostly love the other picks
Darnell Wright - best T in the draft s/b a home run.
Gervon Dexter - higher rated than Jalen Carter out of HS, he will be a monster
Zack Pickens - solid player and rotating with Dexter will collapse the pocket
T. Stevenson - solid future starter, same with Terrill Smith
Roschon Johnson - love this pick, if we took an RB he was the one I wanted, former
highly rated QB, low miles starter for anyone else w/o Bijan
Tyler Scott - good job, fast, good open field, hard worker, will see a lot of snaps next
year. Got him for the 4th we got for Robert Quinn. Nice
Noah Sewell - I watched everyone of his games @ Oregon and he's Bears LB, the real deal
deal, like a heat seeking rocket, immediate impact long term guy. 5 star in HS, a 1st rounder last year if he cam out.
All in all I'm happy with what we got, probably 4 future starters which is great and we are definitely
better today. Go Bears

One guess is as good as another, but no better....We'll find out down the road who the hits and misses are.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
I'd wager that many of the RB's taken after Bijan/Gibbs will also be just as good.

They invested first round picks on two of the least important and safest positions in the draft.

If they were actually ran like a legit sports franchise they would have invested all day 1 and 2 picks in beef block like the bears did. THAT is how you dominate the nfl.

If you have a good qb and a good oline/dline you will be a good team until those things are not true anymore. Easier said than done, but the amount of GM's who invest top picks in dumb ass positions still shocks me.

What will it matter if Gibbs becomes the next Sanders when the lions are back to the cellar in a few years because their GM doesnt understand how to build a complete NFL team?
Good post, my sentiments exactly.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
You watched all three days of the NFL draft, in their entireties, did you lose a bet?
Not at all, just a retired Bears and NFL fan as well as avid golfer. Love the various scenario's

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Because hooker and branch were really solid picks. Christian Gonzalez or any edge rusher. Lions still need a young stud corner and need more pass rush. They certainly did not need an rb especially in a deep rb class. This is nothing against Gibbs as a player either because I really like him, just dumb to take him at 12 or 6 like they claim they would've done.
Why did they sign Monty for 18 MM?