I watched the entire draft - my thoughts /good/bad/ugly

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wow, what a clueless fuck you are.

Seriously.

Lions turned the #6 pick into not one, but two immediate starters. A dynamic RB that runs a 4.35 and can line up in multiple places, and a pass catching YAC monster of a TE (lions have two good blocking TE's already). Instead, you would have them taking maybe the 3rd or 4th DE/DT? that is two starters that will contribute immediately.

Then they took the best LB in the draft, filling another need.

Then they turned around and stole a first round talent with Brian Branch (an immediate starter on the Bears btw).

Now you are up to not one, not two, but 4 starters.

And then, to top it all off, they took another 1st round talent, Hendon Hooker, in the third.

They then filled out their draft with a immovable space eating DT that will play nose, and a little known tackle that will project into being a stud guard/swing tackle in the future.

What did the Bears get? One starter and a handful of projects that might eventually develop into starters? yet the Bears are genius's and the Lions are idiots?

Dumb fucks like you are so tied up into "positional value" they can't see the bigger picture.

3-4 Day one starters at positions of need is a good draft, anyway you want to slice it.

The Bears had the number one overall pick, and didn't end up with near as many. Will they eventually? Time will tell.

But the window for the Lions is now, and they did very well.

THank you for being just like your team - bass ackwards and clueless.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

6. Detroit Lions​

• Grade: A
Draft picks: RB Jahmyr Gibbs, LB Jack Campbell, TE Sam LaPorta, S Brian Branch, QB Hendon Hooker, DT Brodric Martin, OT Colby Sorsdal, WR Antoine Green

Analysis: There's a tendency to knock the Lions for Brad Holmes, their GM, getting a little aggressive and perhaps over-drafting Gibbs and Campbell a little in the first round. But Detroit is in "win big" now mode and those players will have massive immediate impact, much like Aidan Hutchinson. LaPorta and Branch also were great values to fill two more voids. Getting Hooker to stash behind Jared Goff was gravy. Detroit is a lot more than strong NFC North favorite in 2023.

You're right.

fucking idiots

msadows

Liked Posts:
Lions are idiots - picked Gibbs & Campbell way too high, could have them in RD #2
not at positions of greatest need, I know they dumped Swift but still
they paid Monty a lot of $$'s

Pat's & Bill - crazy that he still thinks he's smarter than everyone else and wasted

2 valuable picks on a Kicker & Punter and picked a few small school
undersized linemen, must think he's Poles.

Jet's - Got boxed out needed OT and panicked for Will McDonald when all the OT's
were gone, could have had him in Rd # 2

Texans - aren't messing around going after both Stroud & Will Jr. Refreshing to see someone
have the courage of their convictions and go all in.

Bears - My first thought is "where's our center", what the hell Poles! I'm a fan of his but
hope he knows what he's doing there. Mostly love the other picks
Darnell Wright - best T in the draft s/b a home run.
Gervon Dexter - higher rated than Jalen Carter out of HS, he will be a monster
Zack Pickens - solid player and rotating with Dexter will collapse the pocket
T. Stevenson - solid future starter, same with Terrill Smith
Roschon Johnson - love this pick, if we took an RB he was the one I wanted, former
highly rated QB, low miles starter for anyone else w/o Bijan
Tyler Scott - good job, fast, good open field, hard worker, will see a lot of snaps next
year. Got him for the 4th we got for Robert Quinn. Nice
Noah Sewell - I watched everyone of his games @ Oregon and he's Bears LB, the real deal
deal, like a heat seeking rocket, immediate impact long term guy. 5 star in HS, a 1st rounder last year if he cam out.
All in all I'm happy with what we got, probably 4 future starters which is great and we are definitely
better today. Go Bears

As I previously posted years back and got roasted for, Bill B. is not a good GM anymore and hasn't been for years. His last decade of drafting has been full of reaches and busts.

He's still the GOAT Coach, but he should have stepped down from GM a long time ago.

msadows

Liked Posts:

6. Detroit Lions​

Draft picks: RB Jahmyr Gibbs, LB Jack Campbell, TE Sam LaPorta, S Brian Branch, QB Hendon Hooker, DT Brodric Martin, OT Colby Sorsdal, WR Antoine Green

Analysis: There's a tendency to knock the Lions for Brad Holmes, their GM, getting a little aggressive and perhaps over-drafting Gibbs and Campbell a little in the first round. But Detroit is in "win big" now mode and those players will have massive immediate impact, much like Aidan Hutchinson. LaPorta and Branch also were great values to fill two more voids. Getting Hooker to stash behind Jared Goff was gravy. Detroit is a lot more than strong NFC North favorite in 2023.

You're right.

fucking idiots

You talkin bout urself here buddy?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wow, what a clueless fuck you are.

Seriously.

Lions turned the #6 pick into not one, but two immediate starters. A dynamic RB that runs a 4.35 and can line up in multiple places, and a pass catching YAC monster of a TE (lions have two good blocking TE's already). Instead, you would have them taking maybe the 3rd or 4th DE/DT? that is two starters that will contribute immediately.

Then they took the best LB in the draft, filling another need.

Then they turned around and stole a first round talent with Brian Branch (an immediate starter on the Bears btw).

Now you are up to not one, not two, but 4 starters.

And then, to top it all off, they took another 1st round talent, Hendon Hooker, in the third.

They then filled out their draft with a immovable space eating DT that will play nose, and a little known tackle that will project into being a stud guard/swing tackle in the future.

What did the Bears get? One starter and a handful of projects that might eventually develop into starters? yet the Bears are genius's and the Lions are idiots?

Dumb fucks like you are so tied up into "positional value" they can't see the bigger picture.

3-4 Day one starters at positions of need is a good draft, anyway you want to slice it.

The Bears had the number one overall pick, and didn't end up with near as many. Will they eventually? Time will tell.

But the window for the Lions is now, and they did very well.
Branch would not start over EJax or Brisker. Sorry.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
LMAO, talk to me after the season, we will see who is clueless.
The lions could've not drafted and still been the best team in the division. So basically they decided to waste draft picks instead of getting real difference makers.

Jack Campbell went around 50 picks before the next LB. Drew sanders is a really good player too. There's a reason the other LBs went in round 3 and it's because their gms aren't ret@rded.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The lions could've not drafted and still been the best team in the division. So basically they decided to waste draft picks instead of getting real difference makers.

Jack Campbell went around 50 picks before the next LB. Drew sanders is a really good player too. There's a reason the other LBs went in round 3 and it's because their gms aren't ret@rded.

I'd wager that many of the RB's taken after Bijan/Gibbs will also be just as good.

They invested first round picks on two of the least important and safest positions in the draft.

If they were actually ran like a legit sports franchise they would have invested all day 1 and 2 picks in beef block like the bears did. THAT is how you dominate the nfl.

If you have a good qb and a good oline/dline you will be a good team until those things are not true anymore. Easier said than done, but the amount of GM's who invest top picks in dumb ass positions still shocks me.

What will it matter if Gibbs becomes the next Sanders when the lions are back to the cellar in a few years because their GM doesnt understand how to build a complete NFL team?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Jahmyr Gibbs wouldn't have lasted very long. It is obvious in retrospect now looking back, people were way too down on him all along. It was a very weak wide receiver draft and the proliferation of runningbacks who are scrimmage monsters has added a caveat to the position's low value. If you wanted just a weapon type player he was the next best prospect after Bijan Robinson. With what had happened to Jameson Williams it was a good pick, especially once Devon Witherspoon got snatched up one pick before.

Jack Campbell is a puzzling, Bears-like selection though. Sam LaPorta doesn't really do it for me either, though who even knows at that point.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

6. Detroit Lions​

You're right.

fucking idiots

Great draft analysis.

23 A's and B's
3 D's and F's

LOL

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
Lions are idiots - picked Gibbs & Campbell way too high, could have them in RD #2
not at positions of greatest need, I know they dumped Swift but still
they paid Monty a lot of $$'s

Pat's & Bill - crazy that he still thinks he's smarter than everyone else and wasted
2 valuable picks on a Kicker & Punter and picked a few small school
undersized linemen, must think he's Poles.

Jet's - Got boxed out needed OT and panicked for Will McDonald when all the OT's
were gone, could have had him in Rd # 2

Texans - aren't messing around going after both Stroud & Will Jr. Refreshing to see someone
have the courage of their convictions and go all in.

Bears - My first thought is "where's our center", what the hell Poles! I'm a fan of his but
hope he knows what he's doing there. Mostly love the other picks
Darnell Wright - best T in the draft s/b a home run.
Gervon Dexter - higher rated than Jalen Carter out of HS, he will be a monster
Zack Pickens - solid player and rotating with Dexter will collapse the pocket
T. Stevenson - solid future starter, same with Terrill Smith
Roschon Johnson - love this pick, if we took an RB he was the one I wanted, former
highly rated QB, low miles starter for anyone else w/o Bijan
Tyler Scott - good job, fast, good open field, hard worker, will see a lot of snaps next
year. Got him for the 4th we got for Robert Quinn. Nice
Noah Sewell - I watched everyone of his games @ Oregon and he's Bears LB, the real deal
deal, like a heat seeking rocket, immediate impact long term guy. 5 star in HS, a 1st rounder last year if he cam out.
All in all I'm happy with what we got, probably 4 future starters which is great and we are definitely
better today. Go Bears
You watched all three days of the NFL draft, in their entireties, did you lose a bet?

msadows

Liked Posts:
You watched all three days of the NFL draft, in their entireties, did you lose a bet?

For some of us this is our kink

I bet you OP wasted a whole kleenex box this weekend.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I see is a fan of the worst franchise in sports trying to rationalize to his own self why their draft wasn't dumb as fuck.
Ha!

The thing is, it is only idiot Bears fans saying it was dumb as fuck. Regardless of what I or you say, there is plenty of national praise for it, which is the point.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd wager that many of the RB's taken after Bijan/Gibbs will also be just as good.

They invested first round picks on two of the least important and safest positions in the draft.

If they were actually ran like a legit sports franchise they would have invested all day 1 and 2 picks in beef block like the bears did. THAT is how you dominate the nfl.

If you have a good qb and a good oline/dline you will be a good team until those things are not true anymore. Easier said than done, but the amount of GM's who invest top picks in dumb ass positions still shocks me.

What will it matter if Gibbs becomes the next Sanders when the lions are back to the cellar in a few years because their GM doesnt understand how to build a complete NFL team?
To date, Brad Holmes has shown he is far more competent than Ryan Poles in the draft. Anything contrary to that is just delusional Bears fan thinking once again they "nailed" the draft.

The closest thing to success Poles has had to date is a 5th round OT that gets bulldozed into the QB's lap. Bears fans are so starved they find that acceptable.

Brisker? Meh, he might be ok, but Kirby Joseph is better, and taken later in the draft.