1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I thought Skins offered him the most..

coolio

Liked Posts:
I wonder if the bears offered two firsts but the lions GM actually wanted Goff

freddylamar

Liked Posts:
Good to see they are being aggressive. Now call Houston and throw three first, Smith, and whoever or whatever else it takes to get Watson in a bears jersey. Overpay, overpay, and then overpay some more of that is what it takes. Watson at any cost!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Apparently the only team he wouldn’t have gone to was the Patriots. ?

Applefan

Liked Posts:
Good to see they are being aggressive. Now call Houston and throw three first, Smith, and whoever or whatever else it takes to get Watson in a bears jersey. Overpay, overpay, and then overpay some more of that is what it takes. Watson at any cost!

Nope. I for one don't care if we get Watson, but for the duration of his current contract he puts up hellaciously good numbers that don't translate to championships. Waste of everyone's damn time. Ask Moon,Mariono,Fouts or Rivers if they'd trade multiple 4,000 yard seasons for Super Bowl rings.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It was really impossible for the Bears to beat the Rams offer. Goff represents uniquely good value to the Lions because they can easily afford him these next two years and by the time their competitive window reopens for the 2022 season they'll only be committed to Goff one more year. By then they'll have fully made up their minds about whether he's their guy or not. It represents immense potential at very little cost, considering the Lions still two firsts and a third out of the deal (which was way more alone than most people were predicting).

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Imagine signing Stafford for more than a 1st, him shriveling like he always does. The Bears have a losing season and Pace gets fired and the Bears traded their future for a loser.

Dodged a bullet.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nope. I for one don't care if we get Watson, but for the duration of his current contract he puts up hellaciously good numbers that don't translate to championships. Waste of everyone's damn time. Ask Moon,Mariono,Fouts or Rivers if they'd trade multiple 4,000 yard seasons for Super Bowl rings.

Doesn't matter what you're talking about. The 4 you mentioned and Watson are all better than any QB we have had

Montucky

Liked Posts:
unpopular concept: maybe Watson wasn't the reason the Texans finished 4-12.

#logic
So you're saying Deshaun Watson isn't good enough to overcome shitty coaches and a mediocre roster around him? Because I don't know what you expect to surround him on the Bears aside from exactly that. Especially when the Bears get effectively locked out of free agency and don't pick in the top fifty until 2024.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you're saying Deshaun Watson isn't good enough to overcome shitty coaches and a mediocre roster around him? Because I don't know what you expect to surround him on the Bears aside from exactly that. Especially when the Bears get effectively locked out of free agency and don't pick in the top fifty until 2024.

What QB will overcome a shitty roster and coaching?

That doesn't mean he isn't an elite QB and we haven't had one, ever.

Rodgers has finished 6-9-1. Doesn't mean he's a bad QB

Drew Brees and the Saints finished 7-9 four times in a 5 year span

Montucky

Liked Posts:
What QB will overcome a shitty roster and coaching?
None. Which is exactly my point. Deshaun Watson is not going to win anything when the Bears are in the deepest depths of cap hell and can't pick in the top fifty again until 2024. If reports are true that they'll need to give up Jaylon Johnson or Roquan Smith or (god forbid) both it gets even uglier.

And how is Deshaun Watson gonna handle it when the Bears win six games a year for his first three years? You think he's just going to be cool with that? You think Chicago's just going to be cool with that?

This has disaster written all over it.

Westtxbearman

Liked Posts:
By the time you can put players around him his career would be over! He would waste his career coming to Chicago with no weapons o-line or defense! Like a lot of teams you pay one player and you can’t build anything around them!!

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I get what you’re saying and somewhat agree but the cap situation looks a lot better in 2022 assuming count face doesn’t mangle it

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if the bears offered two firsts but the lions GM actually wanted Goff
Yeah...the trade doesn't surprise me for that reason.

Goff is a former #1 and a near direct replacement of Stafford..as close as they could get day 1. They chose wisely.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
By the time you can put players around him his career would be over! He would waste his career coming to Chicago with no weapons o-line or defense! Like a lot of teams you pay one player and you can’t build anything around them!!

He’s 18 younger than tom brady. There could be kids not even born yet that will be in college when Watson is done.

Beat it geek!