Ian R: Bears offered a lot for Stafford

Bust

Liked Posts:
By the time you can put players around him his career would be over! He would waste his career coming to Chicago with no weapons o-line or defense! Like a lot of teams you pay one player and you can’t build anything around them!!

He's only 25 and NFL ready. When your best franchise qb is <still> intramural league Sid Luckman going up against all slow white guys it's time to be aggressive.

Clint Eastwood

Liked Posts:
None. Which is exactly my point. Deshaun Watson is not going to win anything when the Bears are in the deepest depths of cap hell and can't pick in the top fifty again until 2024. If reports are true that they'll need to give up Jaylon Johnson or Roquan Smith or (god forbid) both it gets even uglier.

And how is Deshaun Watson gonna handle it when the Bears win six games a year for his first three years? You think he's just going to be cool with that? You think Chicago's just going to be cool with that?

This has disaster written all over it.
But I really don’t care. We aren’t going anywhere for a long time anyway no matter what we do, so give me an opportunity once in my 48 years on this earth to cheer for consistently above average quarterback play. That is all I humbly ask for.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good to hear the aggression, even better we didn't get him. Lions weren't going to trade him in the division

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Nope. I for one don't care if we get Watson, but for the duration of his current contract he puts up hellaciously good numbers that don't translate to championships. Waste of everyone's damn time. Ask Moon,Mariono,Fouts or Rivers if they'd trade multiple 4,000 yard seasons for Super Bowl rings.
Who can forget those Mariono years?

Liked Posts:
Seems like a bad sign in terms of what they think about the Watson situation. If they thought they had a chance, they probably wouldn’t have gone after Stanford.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
By the time you can put players around him his career would be over! He would waste his career coming to Chicago with no weapons o-line or defense! Like a lot of teams you pay one player and you can’t build anything around them!!

(sigh)

What are you talking about ?

We would have Mooney, Kmet, Monty, and Cohen

We still have an average defense

We make a couple of adjustments and the current group has 2 seasons

When those 2 seasons are up the defense salaries start to drop off while our young guys are entering their primes with 27 yr old Watson

After those 2 years you focus on continuing to add offensive talent while being selective with your defense spending

At that point

Brady is 500 yrs old
Rodgers is 40 yrs old
Russell and Stafford are 35

besides Murray Watson would be the best qb in the NFC by far and hell even the two top qbs in the draft are going to the AFC .

I dont know if he would agree to come here but if he did the Bears would be setting themselves up to dominate the NFC for the next 10 years .

The we cant put a team around him shtick is ridiculous

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears always settle for some other teams cast off for QB.

Draft a QB and develop him!

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Whatever happens Pace will overpay. It's what he does.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
(sigh)

What are you talking about ?

We would have Mooney, Kmet, Monty, and Cohen

We still have an average defense

We make a couple of adjustments and the current group has 2 seasons

When those 2 seasons are up the defense salaries start to drop off while our young guys are entering their primes with 27 yr old Watson

After those 2 years you focus on continuing to add offensive talent while being selective with your defense spending

At that point

Brady is 500 yrs old
Rodgers is 40 yrs old
Russell and Stafford are 35

besides Murray Watson would be the best qb in the NFC by far and hell even the two top qbs in the draft are going to the AFC .

I dont know if he would agree to come here but if he did the Bears would be setting themselves up to dominate the NFC for the next 10 years .

The we cant put a team around him shtick is ridiculous
Cohen is a reach....the dude isn’t the greatest.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont think you know what a cast off is. The definition is discarded or unwanted item. Houston is doing whatever they can not to lose him
Well.. Apparently Houston doesn't think enough of Watson to make him happy, so in essence, he is being discarded.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Well.. Apparently Houston doesn't think enough of Watson to make him happy, so in essence, he is being discarded.
Well I'm pretty sure they just don't like black people enough to respect their opinions, but I still wouldn't say this is discarding.

As far as trading for him, I'm somewhere in the middle. I definitely see both sides of the argument

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I'm pretty sure they just don't like black people enough to respect their opinions, but I still wouldn't say this is discarding.

As far as trading for him, I'm somewhere in the middle. I definitely see both sides of the argument
Probably 75% of their team is black...take the race card somewhere else

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Dont think it has anything to do with Watson being black. Rodgers is the great white savior and the Packers dont ask for his input on any of their hires.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dont think it has anything to do with Watson being black. Rodgers is the great white savior and the Packers dont ask for his input on any of their hires.

Watson was told he was going to be part of the process and then he wasn't