Ian R: Bears offered a lot for Stafford

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you would rather just continue the bears tradition of mediocrity ?

How many great teams that all it needs is a qb do we have to build before some of you realize that IT DOES NOT WORK !!!!

Kevin White
Eddie Goldman

Leonard Floyd
Cody Whitehair

Mitch
Shaheen

Roquan
James Daniel *
Anthony Miller*

Khalil Mack
David Montgomery

Khalil Mack
Kmet *
James Johnson *

If you can get a franchise changing player YOU DO IT !!!
So a couple of thoughts.
  1. First of all, do you believe that Matthew Stafford would have been a franchise-changing player for the Bears? I can see him doing well immediately on the Rams, but how would he do on the Bears, with the state of the line and the state of the receiving corps? If the lines and the receivers were in a better state, I'd say maybe DeShaun Watson would be worth it, but his on-the-field problems with Houston now are that he doesn't have anyone to throw to and his line isn't protecting him.
  2. Any thoughts on teams that have drafted their franchise player before the rest of the team was ready and got that nice, brand-new QB sodomized beat-up, such as Andrew Luck or Joe Burrow?
  3. Thoughts on Tennessee and their ability to take a very solid team with a previously discarded QB to the playoffs, multiple years
Don't get me wrong: I can appreciate your point and see its merits, but I don't think it's quite so cut and dry. A lot of things can come into play, including where the team is and where it was shown to have weakness. Right now the Bears have been deficient at some positions for years, particularly on the offensive line (I view left-tackle as a significant weakness) and at the receiver position.

I guess what I'm saying is, strengthen your whole roster from the lines outward, put yourself in the position where you can run the ball, stop the run, and receivers can consistently get open. Then bring in someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is not quite as streaky as a meteor shower, but close... but it won't matter as much because if you can run the ball, that QB doesn't have to be perfect all the time.

Last edited: