Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Looks like your next Chicago Bears quarterback is going to be Teddy Bridgewater.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I am glad pace is being serious about getting a qb, but i feel he will strike out and we will end up with jimmy g.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
You just made my point..Its a pattern with the Bears

What lol? You’re not doing a very good job of explaining your “point.” You said you don’t want a castoff like Deshaun Watson lol!

The Bears are just coming off the Trubisky era where they took him 2 overall and he failed. The Bucs were coming off the Winston era where he went #1 overall and he failed.

My point is the Bears should acquire the best possible QB using ALL means and avenues...draft, free agency, and trade. This offseason, the best option is Deshaun Watson considering his age and proven ability. Deshaun Watson should be Plan A.

If your point is the Bears should NOT use trade or free agency to find a QB it’s a bad one. Particularly this offseason when the Watson opportunity presented itself. Last offseason, the best opportunity for the Bears was Tom Brady. Ya dig?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I wonder if this aggressiveness and desperation will translate over to the draft?

It is likely the Bears are going to get skunked on the veteran market.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am glad pace is being serious about getting a qb, but i feel he will strike out and we will end up with jimmy g.
That's the problem - It's Pace we're talking about making decisions...

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My point?

I will retype it for you

" Bears always settle for some other teams cast off for QB. Draft a QB and develop him! "

Now, go here and do the math as to how many of the Bears previous QB's were drafted vs picked up in a trade.

Most years I agree. But every offseason is different including this one.

Last year, the Bears had no 1st round pick and the GOAT was a free agent. The full court press should have been to recruit him. Maybe it was.

This year, the Bears have the 20th pick. Not in a position to select a top QB prospect without moving future draft picks to trade up which IMO should be Plan B.

You have a known commodity in Deshaun Watson that uniquely available. An elite QB available in his prime. That should be Plan A. In no way, is that settling which defeats your point.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Most years I agree. But every offseason is different including this one.

Last year, the Bears had no 1st round pick and the GOAT was a free agent. The full court press should have been to recruit him. Maybe it was.

This year, the Bears have the 20th pick. Not in a position to select a top QB prospect without moving future draft picks to trade up which IMO should be Plan B.

You have a known commodity in Deshaun Watson that uniquely available. An elite QB available in his prime. That should be Plan A.

Watson is a great QB..I agree..However

Watson will not make a significant difference without the coaches, support staff, and players he, or any other qb, needs.

Go back on that list of QB's and see the vast number of QB's the Bears acquired in trades.

Now, Im done arguing with a guy who kept telling us how great Jimmy G was going to be.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to think you are going to hear the Bears attached to every QB out there - true or not. It's an easy connection for the media/agents to make. My new fear is it sounds like Carolina is going to be aggressive in the QB market and Pace will take Bridgewater off their hands.
For the right price, I think he would be a great fit here

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didnt they report this weekend that JG was likely staying in SF?

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
My point?

I will retype it for you

" Bears always settle for some other teams cast off for QB. Draft a QB and develop him! "

Now, go here and do the math as to how many of the Bears previous QB's were drafted vs picked up in a trade.

Yeah, but what you’re saying makes no sense. How do the Bears “always settle for some other teams cast off’“ when Mitch Trubisky has been their QB for the last 4 years? Do you know how they acquired Mitch Trubisky? And it’s stupid that you keep insisting that Deshaun Watson would be a cast off. He’s not some aging contract Houston is trying to get rid of. He’s at his apex as a player and demanding a trade. Not sure what you get out of posting a bunch of nonsense on here.

I mean, you’re literally trying to argue that Deshaun Watson is a castoff. Are you trying to have a real debate here or just look like an idiot?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Watson is a great QB..I agree..However

Watson will not make a significant difference without the coaches, support staff, and players he, or any other qb, needs.

Go back on that list of QB's and see the vast number of QB's the Bears acquired in trades.

Now, Im done arguing with a guy who kept telling us how great Jimmy G was going to be.

Watson is 25 yr. You have over a decade with him to build a team. It’s an elite known commodity at the most important position in all of sports. We already know what it looks like to have most of the other peices in place. Pointless.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I wonder if Pace will be able to even act on that desperation in the draft.

IMO, there are potentially 6 of the top 9 teams who could possibly select a QB.

7 Det, 8 Car and 9 Den could all conceivably look to trade up so I believe it would be very difficult to move up above these teams.

Would 5 Cinn or 6 Philly want to go all the way down to 20 instead of sliding down a couple of picks and possibly still get a guy they want if they are willing to trade at all?
Cincinnati is going to want to stay up to get a LT. If Sewell is there they will probably run to the podium for him. They need to protect Burrow immediately. If he's gone I could see then trading a little to still be confident in Darrisaw, but I doubt they'd go to 20. Philly not sure, I think there's a better chance they would.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but what you’re saying makes no sense. How do the Bears “always settle for some other teams cast off’“ when Mitch Trubisky has been their QB for the last 4 years? Do you know how they acquired Mitch Trubisky? And it’s stupid that you keep insisting that Deshaun Watson would be a cast off. He’s not some aging contract Houston is trying to get rid of. He’s at his apex as a player and demanding a trade. Not sure what you get out of posting a bunch of nonsense on here.

I mean, you’re literally trying to argue that Deshaun Watson is a castoff. Are you trying to have a real debate here or just look like an idiot?
Trubisky was one out of how many trades?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Watson is 25 yr. You have over a decade with him to build a team. It’s an elite known commodity at the most important position in all of sports. We already know what it looks like to have most of the other peices in place. Pointless.

I think having a lame duck HC and Gm hurts a lot.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I wonder if this aggressiveness and desperation will translate over to the draft?

It is likely the Bears are going to get skunked on the veteran market.

Well Pace is aggressive in every draft so i would expect him to be just as aggressive or even more aggressive with his job on the line and knowing that it's time to stop fucking around with this QB position and get something done, or at least try the best you can to do something in free agency or the draft or both to get this QB situation fixed.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Trubisky was one out of how many trades?

Orton, Grossman, McCown, Trubisky.

I was actually just giving you credit and assuming you were making some sense. But now that I examine it your post is even dumber than I initially thought. All these guys were drafted by the Bears.

And you can’t even maintain a coherent argument. At first you were saying Watson is a cast off in some lame attempt to make him look bad. As if everybody on here is bumbling idiots and would fall for some guy on the internet calling him a “cast off.” Then you tried to say trading for him would cripple them cap wise, but you like him as a player. Then why were you calling him a cast off on the previous page? Do you even know what you’re saying? Are you capable of holding a coherent conversation?

Just the fact that you believed you could push the narrative the he‘s a “cast off” tells me everything I need to know. I’m wasting my time even engaging with you.