Ian R: Bears offered a lot for Stafford

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Probably 75% of their team is black...take the race card somewhere else
The teams owners father, who previously owned the team was quoted saying you can't let the prisoners run the prison. Andre Johnson had issues with people still involved with the organization. Bienemy wasn't interested in interviewing even if they wanted him. You own an NFL team and the majority of your employees are likely to be African American

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The teams owners father, who previously owned the team was quoted saying you can't let the prisoners run the prison. Andre Johnson had issues with people still involved with the organization. Bienemy wasn't interested in interviewing even if they wanted him. You own an NFL team and the majority of your employees are likely to be African American
Save all that for your next encounter group.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Lions didn't want trade Stafford in division, but they will have no problem fleecing Pace and flipping Goff for our 1st rounder

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...the trade doesn't surprise me for that reason.

Goff is a former #1 and a near direct replacement of Stafford..as close as they could get day 1. They chose wisely.
The trick was in finding a team that still saw Goff as that #1 franchise type player.

Would also like to know exactly what Bears offered.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

Bienemy did interview with the Texans.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
But I really don’t care. We aren’t going anywhere for a long time anyway no matter what we do, so give me an opportunity once in my 48 years on this earth to cheer for consistently above average quarterback play. That is all I humbly ask for.
You would have made a GREAT Detroit Lions fan.

Who cares about having a good team as long as I have a QB who puts up the numbers to be excited about!!!

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Hope they at least make an offer for Watson, but if they do not land him, then be aggressive in the draft.

Watson is a known commodity, he is better than any QB we have had, but I agree with some on here, is he good enough to overcome the lack of talent we have on the offensive side of the ball once Robinson leaves?

I will jump for the moon if we can land Watson, but I would personally rather be aggressive in the draft, where we can have a guy on a rookie salary, while we restock the talent around him. I just think that approach is more sustainable.

I will continue to beat the table for Wilson, but if we end up with someone else I will support the concept that we did not approach the QB position thinking that Foles was anything other than a stop gap/backup.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Albert Breer is reporting the Bears "checked in" but doesn't mention an offer.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears always settle for some other teams cast off for QB.

Draft a QB and develop him!

Do you think the Bucs are upset they signed castoff Brady?

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Albert Breer is reporting the Bears "checked in" but doesn't mention an offer.
I'm starting to think you are going to hear the Bears attached to every QB out there - true or not. It's an easy connection for the media/agents to make. My new fear is it sounds like Carolina is going to be aggressive in the QB market and Pace will take Bridgewater off their hands.