If he is available, Ray will be the Bears pick at #7

Svic

Liked Posts:
Are you sure you're not smoking the reefer? I don't ever recall Donald being projected to fall that far.

Aaron Donald also started to move up the boards to be one of the best...shane ray is heading the opposite way. Its not fair to compare those two..

Svic

Liked Posts:
I just watched his 12 sacks...did he have a sack against a ranked team who had a good Oline? Any tape I can watch where Ray played against good OLine? I will go watch it just tell me what game

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I just watched his 12 sacks...did he have a sack against a ranked team who had a good Oline? Any tape I can watch where Ray played against good OLine? I will go watch it just tell me what game

ive been saying that for months now. his sacks all came against bottom feeders and teams with bad offensive lines. against good offensive lines like bama and Georgia he did nothing at all. ray is overrated IMO

Svic

Liked Posts:
ive been saying that for months now. his sacks all came against bottom feeders and teams with bad offensive lines. against good offensive lines like bama and Georgia he did nothing at all. ray is overrated IMO

I think omofail was better than most of the olineman he played against...

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I think omofail was better than most of the olineman he played against...

I forgot to mention Arkansas, who had probably the best offensive line in the SEC last year and he got pushed around big time in that game

fatbeard

Liked Posts:

Ah, I was wondering how long it would take for the "bum slayer" fallacy to appear. Frankly I'm surprised that it took this long.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ah, I was wondering how long it would take for the "bum slayer" fallacy to appear. Frankly I'm surprised that it took this long.

ha ive been saying it for a long time now, theres certainly truth to it. the top three lines he faced last year he produced a meager half a sack :shrug:

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

Well he had 14.5 sacks to start and 2 of them came against DJ Humphries whom many view as one of the top LT prospects in this draft. He faced far better lineman than Vic Beasley did on a week to week basis.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Well he had 14.5 sacks to start and 2 of them came against DJ Humphries whom many view as one of the top LT prospects in this draft. He faced far better lineman than Vic Beasley did on a week to week basis.

ehh I don't get the DJ Humphries love personally. I live in SEC country and watch tons of games and he never stood out to me as anything special. also, floridas offense in general was garbage last year....hell he comes from the same offensive line team that blocks EACHOTHER on plays instead of defensive players!

https://www.google.com/search?q=florida+offensive+line+blocking+each+other&sa=X&biw=1301&bih=590&tbm=isch&imgil=bsYX4eI05nN8YM%253A%253BHq0fvEjCJAZs1M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.lostlettermen.com%25252Farticle%25252F5-most-embarrassing-offensive-lineman-moments&source=iu&pf=m&fir=bsYX4eI05nN8YM%253A%252CHq0fvEjCJAZs1M%252C_&usg=__hBKu6vLjEs9QUbvOXvn6Zge0I8w%3D&ved=0CCcQyjc&ei=lUMYVYPzIoS6ggSB4YCwDw#imgrc=bsYX4eI05nN8YM%253A%3BHq0fvEjCJAZs1M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fblacksportsonline.com%252Fhome%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F11%252Fflorida.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.lostlettermen.com%252Farticle%252F5-most-embarrassing-offensive-lineman-moments%3B601%3B354

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

I like Humphries. This OT class in general is pretty weak but to me he has the best movement ability and quickest feet of the group. He is a top quality OT prospect and he battled it out with Ray but ultimately Ray got the better of the matchup.

To say Ray didn't beat top quality OTs is unfair especially relative to the other pass rushers in the class.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
ha ive been saying it for a long time now, theres certainly truth to it. the top three lines he faced last year he produced a meager half a sack :shrug:

The exact same criticism was levelled against Donald by many on this board last year: "OMGZ he's 2 small played in CheEseDICK conference did nothin against FSU HODOR!!!"

Not all production is quantified on a stat sheet, and it's always the lazy criticism from people who don't watch the tape. Like when you said Ray did nothing in the Georgia game, for example. I just finished re-watching it. He had 1 qb hit, 3 hurries, drew 3 double teams and 1 triple team. All that in a game that Missouri's offense lost 34-0 with 4 INTs. Plenty of chances to pin the ears back when you're down by 5 scores, huh?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I like Humphries. This OT class in general is pretty weak but to me he has the best movement ability and quickest feet of the group. He is a top quality OT prospect and he battled it out with Ray but ultimately Ray got the better of the matchup.

To say Ray didn't beat top quality OTs is unfair especially relative to the other pass rushers in the class.

Humphries would be the only quality guy he beat then(if you consider him quality and I don't). the top 3 offensive lines ray faced IMO were Arkansas, Georgia, and Alabama. and in those games he had a half a sack total

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The exact same criticism was levelled against Donald by many on this board last year: "OMGZ he's 2 small played in CheEseDICK conference did nothin against FSU HODOR!!!"

Not all production is quantified on a stat sheet, and it's always the lazy criticism from people who don't watch the tape. Like when you said Ray did nothing in the Georgia game, for example. I just finished re-watching it. He had 1 qb hit, 3 hurries, drew 3 double teams and 1 triple team. All that in a game that Missouri's offense lost 34-0 with 4 INTs. Plenty of chances to pin the ears back when you're down by 5 scores, huh?

good that you have excuses already for your guy in mind lol
I have watched the tape, hell I watched the games live when they happened. ray is overrated IMO. you disagree and that's fine to do so...time will tell

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
good that you have excuses already for your guy in mind lol

He's not "my guy," he's just "a guy" who happens to get some incredibly stupid criticisms on this board. Just like Eli Harold "isn't my guy" he's just "a guy" who happens to get some incredibly undeserved praise on this board.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He's not "my guy," he's just "a guy" who happens to get some incredibly stupid criticisms on this board. Just like Eli Harold "isn't my guy" he's just "a guy" who happens to get some incredibly undeserved praise on this board.

you can think whatever you wish of any criticisms. im an SEC guy, when drafting I tend to gravitate towards guys from that conference. but I don't want shane ray, id rather have Gregory, fowler, Beasley, Dupree than ray

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
btw I went and looked back at the florida game(since some of you are high on Humphries at OT) and mizzou was up 28 - 0 on florida in the third quarter before ray got his 1st sack...the 2nd sack was on a desperation 4th down play in the 4th quarter down 42 - 7. so id say the situation helped ray a bit in getting the best of Humphries in that game. Humphries kept ray in check up to that point no problem.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:

Amen. I don't get the Eli Harold love. Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

Sent from under the tree of Yggdrasil.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reporter- ''So Michael, mind if I ask you a question of personal nature?''
th

Michael Sam- ''Uhhh yeah sure, go for it.''
th

Reporter- ''Well, there are rumors of you playing slip n slide in Shane Rays stinker last year at Mizzou, is it true?''
th

Michael Sam- ''Heeeey! You know dat's right! And he loved it, too!'' ''He's my lil yellow delight!''
th

Reporter- ''Is that true, Shane?!?!''
th

Shane Ray- ''No comment''
774881.jpg

Svic

Liked Posts:
Vic beasily beat up on FSU line. He played a lot better talent than Ray did. I just don't see it in ray. I'm not bashing your opinion of him and I am not saying you are wrong. I just want you to show me the tape where you see him special against quality line or prospect. And wasn't one of the sacks vs Florida is when the QB held on to the ball and tried to run and ray was laying on his stomach when he grabbed the QB ny his ankle and dropped him? I want to like him as much you do polar but I want to see the tape. I'll take ray. Just not at 7.