If Mitch plays well the next few games, what do YOU do?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Barring a Super Bowl win...I still wish Dear Sweet Mitchell all the best in his NFL career and stay the course I drew out when I declined his fifth year option and traded for a vet QB. The team still owes Nick Foles over ten million after this season. The team owes Trubisky literally nothing after this season.

Then you go back to bat in the draft.

Rinse & repeat.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Has it been announced he is starting?

I think you'll get it tomorrow.

Trubisky has been a full participant in practice all week. Foles has not practiced at all.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he plays great (even though his agent told him not to play) then you franchise tag him. Fix the OL in the offseason and see how he does next year, if he continues to play good next year you try and work out a deal, if he plays like crap next year then you cut him..

Do we really need to see how he does next year at 27 years old? Will he finally break out at 28?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. Nagy is a genius and has Green Bay preparing for either one. Everyone knows Trubisky is starting except the Packers.

Or maybe this is the week Nagy finally snaps and names himself the starting QB for Sunday Night Football.

He'll show them all!!!!

903488876.jpg.jpg

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
No matter what you have to bring in a young quarterback.
you can't give him a franchise tag.. he's not worth it and that destroys your cap
If he is willing to take a couple year very friendly team deal fo for it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Move on from him

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
I firmly believe that the bears organization ruined Mitch’s first few years. First with Fox and then bringing in Nagy. Actually at least in Fox’s offense i bet he would have performed alot better. Nagy is so set on running his offense that he has wasted the last 2 years of this teams defense and Mitch’s growth. If you ask me right now i wouls take Mitch and a new coach over Nagy and another qb who wont be able to perform in this shit offense
Wake up bears den. This teams offense is top 5 worst i have seen since becoming a bears fan and it all points toward nagy. Every offensive player is worse with nagy. Look at arod. We dont even have designed red zone play for arob.

msadows

Liked Posts:
While i hope Mitch kills it im still drating a QB early

This thread, not to derail you, is about IF he kills it, which is basically what he did minus that ATL half.

I still want to draft a QB, but I feel like at that point you have to retain mitch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Mitch loses his damn mind and throws 18 TDs and 2 INTs?

Tag him and fire Nagy, get a real offensive coach in here to see what happens.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Keep Mitch, Invest heavily in O line, resign AR (if he wants to stay). Draft QB prospect. Build a team from front to back inside to outside. Keep this Defense intact.
AR doesn't really have a choice. The Bears have the decision to make not AR

Visionman

Liked Posts:
This is a doubtful scenario, because we all know who mitch is, but it's one I thought about last night.

What happens if mitch comes in and plays well the next 6 games? All signs point to him starting this sunday. He's taking the first team reps and nagy is talking about "Mitch 3.0" BS, and how sitting seems to have helped him with the playbook(BS).

But, lets say Dear Sweet Mitchell goes out, and matches what he did the first 2 weeks of the season for a 6 game stretch(1,300 yards, 15TDS, 6 INT's)

What do you, CCS Armchair GM, decide to do with that player?

This isn't about IF he can do it(which he probably cant), but IF he does do it. Just a conversation starter after a bye week.
I let our new HC decide if he wants Mitch or not.