If Mitch plays well the next few games, what do YOU do?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Sign him to a 10 year 300 million dollar deal

I would still draft a QB and keep Mitch as backup if the dollars could make sense. I wouldn't think they would though.

This is assuming Nagy gets fired. If Nagy is here, I don't trust the team to do anything so they may as well ride with Mitch.

I am rooting for Mitch to go out and tear the roof off. Maybe he has some fun too?
#boom

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
If mitch balls out I will do the only thing I can do... and that is to just be you.... but not like you as in you, rather I mean me...I would just be me. But like ahead of time I'll tell myself like "hey man no matter how mitch does... just be you" but again I don't mean you specifically, I mean me. Does this make sense?

46plank

Liked Posts:
I can’t imagine anyone would believe that Mitch will ever be a quality player. Cut him loose and forget it. He is what he is.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Do we really need to see how he does next year at 27 years old? Will he finally break out at 28?
What do you mean break out at 28? The question was if he played great this year. So was him playing great the rest of this year because the light bulb finally turned on for him? Or was it just a few lucky games?

Franchise tag him and find out. It's not complicated.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
What do you mean break out at 28? The question was if he played great this year. So was him playing great the rest of this year because the light bulb finally turned on for him? Or was it just a few lucky games?

Franchise tag him and find out. It's not complicated.
Good thing he didn’t listen to his agent

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
All seems kind of moot because more than likely he goes like 2-4 and is gone. But for the sake of the exercise I’ll assume he plays well and the Bears actually consider bringing him back.

I don’t know the exact numbers but isn’t the franchise tag something like the average of the 3 highest salaries for that position? Because what looks to be the obvious answer is the franchise tag. But do you really want to give him something like 35 million for one year? Idk. That just seems absurd for Trubisky. Maybe you can get him for something like what Bridgewater got. You’re committed money wise to two years even though its a 3 year deal and can release him. I’d rather have him at like 3 for 65 than 1 for 35. You also have to assume his camp will have some leverage because if we’re assuming he plays well, we also have to assume that creates a market for him. So the Bears can’t just offer some absurd low ball offer (which I know this thread will be filled with. “Uhh, why can’t we just give h8m 12 million a year to be the starter?“)

Canth

Liked Posts:
Imo, the only way that Trubisky is a Bear next year is he plays out of his mind to end this season including a deep playoff run. Then, you franchise him for a year and see if he can repeat it before you give a long term deal.

The reality is that anything short of that, and Trubisky is not on this team next year. If he plays well enough to get a solid next contract but not well enough to deserve a franchise tag, then he will have options of other teams to pick from. And quite honestly, if I were his agent, no way would I let him resign with the Bears if he can get the same or similar money elsewhere.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he can play well in this shit offense he deserves atleast a shot. Honestly dont see it happening but i will hope like hell.
Go Bears! Go Trubisky!

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Good thing he didn’t listen to his agent
Already made that joke on post #36..
When someone makes a joke at a party do you also repeat it? how does that work out for you?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
This is a doubtful scenario, because we all know who mitch is, but it's one I thought about last night.

What happens if mitch comes in and plays well the next 6 games? All signs point to him starting this sunday. He's taking the first team reps and nagy is talking about "Mitch 3.0" BS, and how sitting seems to have helped him with the playbook(BS).

But, lets say Dear Sweet Mitchell goes out, and matches what he did the first 2 weeks of the season for a 6 game stretch(1,300 yards, 15TDS, 6 INT's)

What do you, CCS Armchair GM, decide to do with that player?

This isn't about IF he can do it(which he probably cant), but IF he does do it. Just a conversation starter after a bye week.
If Mitch wins all the next 6 games, it will depend a lot on how "he wins them".

If like your scenario, he plays like he did in the first 2 games, I would sign him as a backup... as a backup/transitional depending on what Foles does in any possible post-season games (if Mitch goes down after the 6 games). Cause the first 2 games were not impressive. Foles did much better the next 4 games.

However, if Mitch takes a huge step, where he seems to be reading to Defenses, gets very accurate... then sure, you'd have to consider signing him to a short contract.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When someone makes a joke at a party do you also repeat it? how does that work out for you?
You know that joke was at 36? Interesting.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
You know that joke was at 36? Interesting.
Is that like writing down the time and person who said the joke during a party? I wish folks would have wrote down my jokes during all the parties I attended. I could have made some good routines from them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hope Mitch plays well and goes scorched earth on Nagy after.

That would be a welcome addition to this cluster f.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Awww did I hurt your feelings? Is that why you deleted your really stupid thread?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Awww did I hurt your feelings? Is that why you deleted your really stupid thread?
Why would you think my feelings would be hurt when you are the one that looks foolish recycling a joke I just made lol?

And I did not delete any thread.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
We still move on. We know what Mitch is, and it's not good enough.

JPPT1974

May Day and Spring Fever!
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Cincinnati Reds
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Oklahoma City Thunder
  1. Tennessee Titans
  1. Washington Capitals
  1. Howard Bison
You can only hope he does. As really it seems that is the Bears Achiles Heel. Not getting a QB that can be long term and clutch.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Sign him up for life, $50M 20 year contract.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If Mitch plays well ? You mean like 4-2 ? Would that be playing well ?

10-6 and making the playoffs MIGHT save Nagy's Ass and get Mitch a 5 year deal