If this was a first round pick’s 1st start, we’d say this was impressive

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I can’t stress enough that this is Tyson Bagent’s first career start.

He’s a Division 2 undrafted rookie quarterback.

I’m seeing poise.
I’m seeing him keep his eyes downfield.
I’m seeing him play smart and protecting the football.
I’m seeing him evaluating the field and going the right way.
I’m seeing him escape pressure.

If a #1 overall pick was having a first career start like this, we’d say they were impressive.

I don’t know where this all ends up, probably nowhere. But the man deserves props in his first career start.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I agree with every post in the thread so far. I still want Flus fired and us to keep a top draft pick but fuck it feels good to have some level of poise strung together. Been a big Fields fan but the inconsistency kills.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I can’t stress enough that this is Tyson Bagent’s first career start.

He’s a Division 2 undrafted rookie quarterback.

I’m seeing poise.
I’m seeing him keep his eyes downfield.
I’m seeing him play smart and protecting the football.
I’m seeing him evaluating the field and going the right way.
I’m seeing him escape pressure.

If a #1 overall pick was having a first career start like this, we’d say they were impressive.

I don’t know where this all ends up, probably nowhere. But the man deserves props in his first career start.

If This Were a first round picks first start, I would say we drafted the next Chad Pennington given the lack of arm. But everything else looks actually pretty amazing

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Yes. Timing was everything. Home game vs a bad defense on a nice day and a defense playing well.

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
One thing that I want to stress that I think will go very underreported and unnoticed. And this is super impressive. They gave this kid the backup quarterback plan to eke out a win. Hit the dump offs and his first reads. They kept it simple for him. But the kid decided no, I'm not that guy. He took it upon himself to actually make more than one read and even scan the entire field by the end of the game and still was able in the plays where he was supposed to go to his primary read and got the ball to his primary read on time even after making all of the reads. And then on top of it when gets even made a really bad call, he changed the line protections twice during the game at the line of scrimmage.

I just wish he had a much better arm but it's really impressive what he did.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Can he throw it beyond 15-20 yards? Or is it just ducks like last week and several times in preseason? Putting Peter Pan in for the Hail Mary play was pretty damned telling.

If the bears took a qb who couldn’t do that/they couldn’t trust to do that in the 1st round, everybody should be fired.

The kid played a nice game against a team that didn’t adjust at halftime. I look forward to see what he does against the chargers if fields is still out.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
If This Were a first round picks first start, I would say we drafted the next Chad Pennington given the lack of arm. But everything else looks actually pretty amazing
who was pennington's little WR who used to get the crap hit out of him, little white dude who would catch everything

Mighty Joe Young

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
One thing is for certain, this kid is going to be the news all over the NFL after this game.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wayne Cherbet?

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What I'm seeing is the typical Bears fan reaction to average QB play.

If you're excited about this game if you're mad about this game both sides of that opinion realize how bad Justin Fields is.

The one sidev sees how bad he is and is ready to move on from him.

The other side is looking for ways to tear down Bagent because they are insecure about how bad Justin Fields actually is and not ready to deal in the reality of Justin Fields.

mecha

Liked Posts:
it was enjoyable watching a competent offensive performance by the Bears.

it was still against a horrible Raiders team. they'll still lose a lot more games this year. Bagent shouldn't be crowned for doing what he's paid to do. changes may or may not happen when the season's over.

my main takeaways were letting Montgomery go has been cemented further as the right choice and the Bears are at least winning against shit teams I guess. this one game doesn't make them world beaters.