Liked Posts:
large.png
@
large.png

backyardrink.jpg
:nelson:

TV: CSN, Radio: WGN 720 AM

"Blackhawks-Oilers Preview Associated Press

The annual November road trip may have helped spark the Chicago Blackhawks to deep playoff runs the past two seasons, and this year's trek may not have come at a better time.

With the circus occupying the United Center, the Blackhawks embark on a six-game trip through Canada and California beginning Wednesday night against the Edmonton Oilers, who have beaten Chicago twice this season.

The Blackhawks (9-9-2) ended a three-game losing streak and won at home for the first time in five tries Sunday, beating Anaheim 3-2 in overtime. Viktor Stalberg, recently playing on the top line with Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp, scored the winner for his second goal in as many games.

"The way we've approached the last two or three games, we like the trend, the energy in our game and the rotation of our lines as well," coach Joel Quenneville said. "It's taken us a little while here, but I like what we've been doing and we have something to build on."

Chicago had lost five of six prior to Sunday, when it had a season-high 43 shots.

"I think this was a big step forward," Stalberg said. "We kept firing the puck. We kept taking it to them. We kept going for the win."

In 2008, Chicago went 3-2-1 on the November trip to spark a 10-1-1 run through December, and the Blackhawks eventually advanced to the Western Conference finals. Last season's 4-1-1 trek featured the return of Marian Hossa from injury, then Chicago went on a 15-4-0 run before going on to win the Stanley Cup.

With a locker room seemingly still reeling from the loss of 10 players from the championship team, the Blackhawks hope the road swing will help the team mesh. They don't play at home again until Nov. 30 versus St. Louis.

"In the past, this road trip has always been good for us not only as far as how we play on the ice, but we're still a relatively new dressing room," said Toews, pointless in the last four games. "I think we'll do a lot of bonding and get to know each other off the ice."

However, the Blackhawks will be looking for an unfamiliar result when facing Edmonton. The Oilers won both meetings this season in Chicago, 7-4 on Oct. 29 and 2-1 on Nov. 7.

Those victories against the defending champions are the only two for Edmonton (4-9-3) over the past eight games. The Oilers fell 8-2 to the New York Rangers on Sunday in an ugly affair featuring a bench-clearing brawl and 124 total penalty minutes.

Shawn Horcoff and Ryan Jones scored for Edmonton, which lost its fourth straight and will play at home for the first time in six games.

"It's embarrassing out here," defenseman Ryan Whitney said. "At least we're sticking up for one another. I guess that's the only thing you can take out of it."

Nikolai Khabibulin lost his third straight start, giving up 18 goals during that stretch.

Chicago has won its last four games in Edmonton, one during last year's circus trip." Associated Press

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tight game wouldn't surprise me like last time.

Last edited:

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
ehhh

Matthew

Liked Posts:
they still have a boat load of young talent.

They are fast and talented up front but have the leagues worst defense. I don't care how many time Khabi stood on his head last game, when we can only net one goal again Edmonton there is a big problem.

They are easily the worst team in the West along with Calgary.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
They are fast and talented up front but have the leagues worst defense. I don't care how many time Khabi stood on his head last game, when we can only net one goal again Edmonton there is a big problem.

They are easily the worst team in the West along with Calgary.

Agree.

I still think we beat em!

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hendry scratched again. What is Q's addiction with Cullisuck? :facepalm:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
I want scott!

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Not expecting a win.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Not expecting a win.

Not only do I expect 2 points from this game but I expect it to be done in a dominating fashion. Edmonton has only won 4 games this season, half of them have been against our defending Stanley Cup Champions. The Oilers have allowed 25 goals in there last 4 games while only scoring 8 times. It is time for a statement game from the Hawks.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not only do I expect 2 points from this game but I expect it to be done in a dominating fashion. Edmonton has only won 4 games this season, half of them have been against our defending Stanley Cup Champions. The Oilers have allowed 25 goals in there last 4 games while only scoring 8 times. It is time for a statement game from the Hawks.

Yup, the Hawks need to let loose and beat some serious ass tonight. I know they need any kind of win right now, but this one really should be a blowout.

If the Hawks can't dominate a horrible team that has embarrassed them on home ice two times- they have issues well beyond their unimpressive record so far.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup, the Hawks need to let loose and beat some serious ass tonight. I know they need any kind of win right now, but this one really should be a blowout.

If the Hawks can't dominate a horrible team that has embarrassed them on home ice two times- they have issues well beyond their unimpressive record so far.

Inconsistency. It often happens with hockey teams that has a lot of young players or a high turnover from the previous year. Our roster has both. Whether we beat some serious ass (as you so succinctly put it) or not tonight, inconsistency will probably continue to rear its ugly head out throughout the season.

I am hopeful they can get into the playoffs and be far more consistent then that what we see now.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, uh, the channel the Hawks game is on tonight is blocked for me. Any idea why/ where can I stream it? atdhe isn't working for me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.