IGT 11/17 Blackhawks @ Oilers Official In Game Thread

Will We Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
:shakes head: ... Circus Trip - in that it is the annual road trip that Hawks and Bulls teams make to accommodate the Circus's (the big one in the US Ringling Bros & Barnum & Bailey - but might have missed a name or two for all I know)) run at the United Center - the home venue for both the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks...

I think they might have another one when the annual ice show comes to town - not sure though - I only remember the circus one because the team in 1983-84 was so lousy on the road that year (and Foley talked about it all of the time that season --- I think the team won like 5 road games that year --- however they were still counting ties at that time as well -however it was a tough year- that team's entire LW position was injured at one point ... Secord, Sutter (Daryl then of course -and he was also the captain), and Fraser - I think they had to use Bill Gardiner at wing on the top line that season, and sometimes they had to use their 4th line guy Steve Ludzik- pretty much anyone ... even some guys that ultimately never really did anything in the league like Denis Cyr, and maybe Ken Yaremchuk (he sorta stuck around a few seasons -with a peripheral role -but I can't exactly remember if he was used that season ... he was one of those guys with speed to burn -but no hands... you always ever heard of the guy connected with his potential - but it never really happened for him.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
:shakes head: ... Circus Trip - in that it is the annual road trip that Hawks and Bulls teams make to accommodate the Circus's (the big one in the US Ringling Bros & Barnum & Bailey - but might have missed a name or two for all I know)) run at the United Center - the home venue for both the Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks...

I think they might have another one when the annual ice show comes to town - not sure though - I only remember the circus one because the team in 1983-84 was so lousy on the road that year (and Foley talked about it all of the time that season --- I think the team won like 5 road games that year --- however they were still counting ties at that time as well -however it was a tough year- that team's entire LW position was injured at one point ... Secord, Sutter (Daryl then of course -and he was also the captain), and Fraser - I think they had to use Bill Gardiner at wing on the top line that season, and sometimes they had to use their 4th line guy Steve Ludzik- pretty much anyone ... even some guys that ultimately never really did anything in the league like Denis Cyr, and maybe Ken Yaremchuk (he sorta stuck around a few seasons -with a peripheral role -but I can't exactly remember if he was used that season ... he was one of those guys with speed to burn -but no hands... you always ever heard of the guy connected with his potential - but it never really happened for him.

I hope this wasn't on account of me. I was attempting to be funny by putting a pic of Noah and then his quote last year about how he had no clue why ut was called that, but I guess it got misconstrued.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
God no ... not at all ... :) (wasn't aware of the Noah quote -but it makes sense, now in that context).

I figured it was directed at bandwagoners ... etc, but the real story is actually a hell of a lot better.. now that I get it :D.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We still pretty sure the 'Hawks are going to miss the playoffs?

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
We still pretty sure the 'Hawks are going to miss the playoffs?

One good game didnt turn the season around completely, lets just hope it wakes the team up...another crappy team tonight in Calgary with Jokinen...lets get those 2 points

Status
Not open for further replies.