IGT 11/17 Blackhawks @ Oilers Official In Game Thread

Will We Win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
He keeps showing signs and then instead of scoring, he just crashes into the goalie and stops play.

He has skill, he just needs more work.

At least you proved I was right, you do know nothing about this sport. I mean "Skille just runs into the goalie because he is dumb, lolz!!!!"

It is called having no options and taking it to the net, you need elite speed to be able to do it, it takes skill to beat two guys and get to the net.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
I think Edmonton is trying to pull a Pittsburgh and go for a top 2 pick 4 years in a row before they become competitive, this is Toronto pathetic.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arguing with you isn't a good time.

One question though- and you seem to do this in a lot of threads- why are you always talking about the quality of fans? It's either something about bandwagon fans or idiots that don't know anything about hockey with the assumption that you're a super fan who has seen it all.

What is the end result you're looking for when you consistently bring that topic up?

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Arguing with you isn't a good time.

One question though- and you seem to do this in a lot of threads- why are you always talking about the quality of fans? It's either something about bandwagon fans or idiots that don't know anything about hockey with the assumption that you're a super fan who has seen it all.

What is the end result you're looking for when you consistently bring that topic up?
Why do I hate bandwagon fans that only watch the sport because it became fashionable two yeas ago in Chicago. People that don't even follow the sport as a whole and only want to be see in red because it is "in." It pretty much answers itself.

I really wish I could attend Hawks games these days with the other 9000 real fans the city has that went to game pre 2008.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do enjoy seeing Frazz's fu manchu. I don't think I shared that earlier.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Also playing the sport for 13 years and following the NHL for 12 years would seem to give me more knowledge over someone who has been wearing a Kane shirt for 2 years.

Everyday I'm Byfuglien

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do I hate bandwagon fans that only watch the sport because it became fashionable two yeas ago in Chicago. People that don't even follow the sport as a whole and only want to be see in red because it is "in." It pretty much answers itself.

I really wish I could attend Hawks games these days with the other 9000 real fans the city has that went to game pre 2008.

Jesus, you are one of those guys.

:nelson:

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Marty looked bored in his night off. We play another bad team Friday but Calgary is the exact opposite of Edmonton in play style, hopefully we can adjust and dominate another game that we should win easily.

Matthew

Liked Posts:
Now watching LA play the Jackets. I love Drew Doughty, my favorite player in the NHL.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:

I wish you could have too - because then you might have realized what Dollar Bill did to the team; because hindsight is 20/20 I suppose a lot of that stuff gets overlooked- but that guy nearly killed hockey in Chicago -and I think his son realized it.

Slamming people that gave up on the ownership ... I don't know that that is right. Chucking money at William H Wirtz never proved that you were a hockey fan - just that you were a sucker.

__

Edited: - I should also add that as a person living outside of the range of cable for most of the 80's , and of course not having home games on TV anyways -I should point out that listening to the radio and having a look at the boxscores is really all some of us had (and for a long time at that). I don't think that in and of itself looking at a boxscore is a bad thing; although I do agree that playing the sport (and I guess now I'd played it off and one for 20 years in organized and not so organized leagues) does give one a great perspective on the game.

Last edited:

Matthew

Liked Posts:
I wish you could have too - because then you might have realized what Dollar Bill did to the team; because hindsight is 20/20 I suppose a lot of that stuff gets overlooked- but that guy nearly killed hockey in Chicago -and I think his son realized it.

Slamming people that gave up on the ownership ... I don't know that that is right. Chucking money at William H Wirtz never proved that you were a hockey fan - just that you were a sucker.

No you miss read me, I was there during the Dollar Bill days.... I want to go to games with those 9000 fans but with the current Rocky Wirtz team...

I want my cake and to eat it too...

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now watching LA play the Jackets. I love Drew Doughty, my favorite player in the NHL.

well we are going to be doing some more cheering in the playoffs, if the hawks get bounced,,,,,im a anze kopitar lover!

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Good win...excellent way to start the circus trip