IGT: Cubs @ Dodgers Game 5(NLCS)

Rise

Liked Posts:
dodgers board is very optimistic for victories in game 6, 7.

So? They shut out the Cubs right with those matchups so I don't blame them for the optimism. I don't see lightning striking 4 times myself, time will tell. I'm optimistic that this team will be going to the World Series, time will tell.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They have reason to have hope. This series is by no means over. I'd certainly rather be in our shoes though and think they do finish it out. It's time. End this shit and get back to the big show. Next year is right now for once.

that is true. Cubs have 0 runs against Hill, Kershaw, Jansen

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I keep wondering if it's really Rose. He looks like a ventriloquist's dummy....I keep looking to see if Frank has his hand behind Pete's back.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Roberts handed the game away in the 3rd. And he pulled Maeta with Lester coming to the plate?

It's like Maddon was playing chess and Roberts was playing Candyland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Not for nothing but how poetic would it be if the cubs finally get back to the world series on the arm of a guy no one is talking about who before this year no one cared about in Hendricks? All you hear about in regards to game 6 is Kershaw, Kershaw, Kershaw. No one is bringing up Hendricks really which is fine and all but it's like people forget he was the ERA leader and lost game 2 1-0.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
On Wednesday, Anthony Rizzo borrowed Matt Szczur's bat, and had three hits, including a home run. Apparently, Szczur also lent Russell his leggings on Wednesday and again on Thursday.

"[Ben Zobrist] was like, 'Hey, [Matt], what have you got for me?" Szczur said.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
This series is not going 7. We will slay Goliath tomorrow at Wrigley. I can only imagine the atmosphere for Game 6.

Hendricks will keep us close and in the 6th-7th we will break through.

A hero will emerge -- possibly Baez -- and the crowd will go nuts. We're winning the pennant tomorrow.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
And when we break through, I will think of Ron Santo, Ernie Banks and Taco.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Roberts might have cost himself the job pulling Maeda to face the pitcher. How low can you get, just because he walked Lester twice the first game. Not right now, but I am sure its a move that will stick in the ownerships head.

Interview with Szczur saying Addison was wearing his underpants was hilarious.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Who is Kershaw? Name sounds familiar....where did I hear that name?

Can you post a pic? I can't picture what he looks like.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is Kershaw? Name sounds familiar....where did I hear that name?

Can you post a pic? I can't picture what he looks like.

[video=youtube;vSSOc-j0qjE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSSOc-j0qjE[/video]

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
This series is not going 7. We will slay Goliath tomorrow at Wrigley. I can only imagine the atmosphere for Game 6.

Hendricks will keep us close and in the 6th-7th we will break through.

A hero will emerge -- possibly Baez -- and the crowd will go nuts. We're winning the pennant tomorrow.

It's over. We will lose Game 4 and Game 5 and get back door swept 4-1. And it has nothing to do with our history or being down 1-2. It has every thing to do with HOW we lost Game 3. Losing the game itself would make little impact on the series -- but losing the way we did was every thing. You can tell by the post game comments and the way the team is conducting themselves -- they know it's over.

This feels just like it did against New York in last year's NLCS and the weeks leading up the All-Star game this season -- when every game you just knew we'd lose. Collectively our offense failed and there are no answers on the team.

Game 3 was the worst Cubs loss since Game 6 of the NLCS in 2003. Worse than any loss in the 2015 NLCS or 2007-2008 NLDS.

And tonight Urias will pitch 7 shut out innings before bridging to the Executioner -- Kenley Jansen. Tonight Jansen will choke out the the 2016 Chicago Cubs in spectacular fashion -- adding another footnote to the profound and historic failure of an organization.

Couldn't resist.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Heyward needs to get benched right? I'm convinced the Dodgers could throw him 75mph fastballs down the middle of the plate and he'd just roll over them or pop them up.

supra8795

Liked Posts:
Giving serious thought to buying tix to take the train into Chicago Sunday with my son, so I don't have to drive.

Spend a small fortune on two tix for Sunday's Game 7, and root like hell we win in 6 anyway.

$650 to sit in Sec 305. $260 against Giants.

Will be EPIC

I wouldn't waste your money for Sunday tickets. We're ending this bitch on Saturday.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If we get to Sunday, I like our chances because we have Arrieta and Lester in relief. They would absolutely use Lester on 2 days rest if he needed to get game 7 to Chapman.