IGT: Cubs @ Dodgers Game 5(NLCS)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Lester's not pitching in a Game 7, if there is one. But Lackey could.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Why would he not pitch when other aces have in that exact same situation? Not only is he their ace, but the Dodgers struggle against lefties.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On Wednesday, Anthony Rizzo borrowed Matt Szczur's bat, and had three hits, including a home run. Apparently, Szczur also lent Russell his leggings on Wednesday and again on Thursday.

"[Ben Zobrist] was like, 'Hey, [Matt], what have you got for me?" Szczur said.
Szczur's the freaking MVP.

Does he have anything for Heyward though?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lester has pitched on short rest just twice in his career, he gave up 6 runs, 13 hits, 6 walks, and 3 HR.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why would he not pitch when other aces have in that exact same situation? Not only is he their ace, but the Dodgers struggle against lefties.

If Lester pitches in Game 7 it would be to try and give the Cubs 3 innings or so. Last night was a really taxing/grinding game. Smoltz was even mentioning it. Doubt you could get many innings from Lester in a Game 7 scenario.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If Lester pitches in Game 7 it would be to try and give the Cubs 3 innings or so. Last night was a really taxing/grinding game. Smoltz was even mentioning it. Doubt you could get many innings from Lester in a Game 7 scenario.

Like say we are up by a small margin and Jake is struggling in the 5th and the Dodgers are gaining momentum. I mike go Lester to A) kill their momentum and B) bridge the game to Chapman.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Like say we are up by a small margin and Jake is struggling in the 5th and the Dodgers are gaining momentum. I mike go Lester to A) kill their momentum and B) bridge the game to Chapman.
Q: Why do the Cubs have highly capable relievers on their roster?

A: So Lester doesn't have to pitch in relief in game 7.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well, what I saw was Chapman was not happy at all to be brought in with such a big lead, but what choice did Joe have, let him go 3 full days before his next appearance? All Chapman did was mess with the slider until he got in trouble, but the fastball was not really there either.

I think Lester threw on short rest, but it was to start, not come in late. If its game 7, all hands on deck, but back of your mind is you want Lester and Arrieta in Cleveland, especially hearing Major League Vaughn might be throwing out first pitch Tuesday with his music and entrance from the pen (if Cleveland is out of their minds, they dont ask). That way Hendricks Lackey/Hammel are here for Wrigley. I know you gotta get there, but I dont think Lackey starts game 1.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I have that feeling as well. I think Kershaw will pitch well but there will be one inning we get to him for a 3 spot. My prediction is the 5th.

Bryant tagged him for two home runs and if the plate umpire is calling strikes at the belt, not the letters, the cubs will get to him. I think they hit balls harder off Kershaw.

Lets not forget Clayons actual post season stats

IP 84.0 Hits 69 Runs 44 Earne runs 41 BB 27 K 102 HR 8 ERA 4.39 Batters Faced 346

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
The reason Lester won't pitch game 7 is he won't be our best option. We have a lot of good options in the bullpen to call upon. Chapman, Wood, Montgomery, etc. Carl Edwards Jr will be back and capable of throwing 98mph for a few betters.

But I think we are a shark in the water that is smelling blood and go for the kill tomorrow. It'll be low scoring but I think we take them out 3-2 or 2-1. I'm sure Kershaw will be good but I don't think he'll quite replicate his Game 2 showing.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Just got a text from Jed this morning. I am getting fitted for my uniform this afternoon. Will be replacing Chris Bosio tomorrow at Wrigley.
As long as they provide you with plenty of TP to wipe ass, I'm sure you will do fine.