IGT: Thunder vs BULLS Thursday November 5th @ 7pm on TNT

Who Wins?

• Total voters

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Did you not comprehend any of that? Lol....

Yes, Noah has an expiring. But Pau is essentially an expiring contract himself. He will opt out. The difference between the two? Pau will bring more value in return. A fringe playoff team or upper playoff team will welcome Gasol's offense at 7 mil a year over Noah's 12+ million when you consider that they are both essentially an expiring contract.

Neither guy is playing that well right now which means that you won't get much out of either one.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's trade the whole team while they still have some value left!

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Neither guy is playing that well right now which means that you won't get much out of either one.

The fact that Gasol is rougly 5 million cheaper, has a HOF/championship resume, and is still pretty good offensively, it's a safe bet he has higher value.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
The fact that Gasol is rougly 5 million cheaper, has a HOF/championship resume, and is still pretty good offensively, it's a safe bet he has higher value.

That is why we brought him to the team.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
That is why we brought him to the team.

Ok...and how is that relevant to anything I said? He has the most value at our deepest position. He plays no defense when our main problem in the front court and team overall is defense. Give me some reasons as far as trade value, value to the team, rotations etc, that Gasol isn't the best and most logical guy to move.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Ok...and how is that relevant to anything I said? He has the most value at our deepest position. He plays no defense when our main problem in the front court and team overall is defense. Give me some reasons as far as trade value, value to the team, rotations etc, that Gasol isn't the best and most logical guy to move.

Why would the Bulls want to get rid of a guy who is an eventual HOFer and still has enough offense to help a team win?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did Rose thunder dunk on someone? Im done betting with or against the Bulls. I think I am 0 for 40 with them.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Thank God you don't run this team. Let's trade the best overall big we have on this team (and for a bargain, I might add) instead of, say, Noah (who they are about to lose for nothing in free agency anyway).

Do you have any idea how valuable a stretch 5 is? Hint: they are rarer and more valuable than stretch 4's.

THIS. Whoever wants to trade away Pau is a colossal idiot. He isn't the best defender but he has made big defensive plays so far this season like blocking Durant late in the game and making the game saving block on LeBron back on opening night.

Pau Gasol has the heart of a Champion. Never underestimate the heart of a Champion.

[video=youtube_share;5-1jgNhopNo]http://youtu.be/5-1jgNhopNo[/video]

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Did Rose thunder dunk on someone? Im done betting with or against the Bulls. I think I am 0 for 40 with them.

I was about to ask if you bet on OKC

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Let's trade the whole team while they still have some value left!

Or better yet, the concept of having a poker hand and wanting to draw replacements for cards until getting a royal flush. When in reality all 30 players have some bad cards and still pick a better strategy other than going after the hardest odds. Which in the NBA means something that may happen once in 50 years within the entire league. Let alone for any single team.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
THIS. Whoever wants to trade away Pau is a colossal idiot. He isn't the best defender but he has made big defensive plays so far this season like blocking Durant late in the game and making the game saving block on LeBron back on opening night.

Pau Gasol has the heart of a Champion. Never underestimate the heart of a Champion.

[video=youtube_share;5-1jgNhopNo]http://youtu.be/5-1jgNhopNo[/video]

Right. A guy who can't rotate and play defense, who gets bullied inside, and who will not be on the team next year is untradeAble and a must have for this team. Anyone want to answer the question as to why, with logic and reasoning, gasol isn't the best piece to move? Can anyone dispute that he has the highest trade value at our deepest position? The fact that bobby can come in and make up for the offense, or most of the offense pau beings while actually providing energy and defense? Calling people idiots and not providing sound reasoning is what idiots do. "Heart of a champion?" Seriously?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
And if you're going to point out two blocks gasol made, start pointing out all the easy shots under the basket he missed, and tally every time he doesn't put his hand up, make a rotation, or give full effort on defense? If you can count that high.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Also flying under the radar was Doug getting his first start. Roberson has no offense to speak of so it was a good opportunity for him imo. I'm liking the confidence he has so far.

Mirotic only got 16 minutes too after getting wrecked by Ibaka. Nice to see Hoiberg making those adjustments as necessary.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also flying under the radar was Doug getting his first start. Roberson has no offense to speak of so it was a good opportunity for him imo. I'm liking the confidence he has so far.

Mirotic only got 16 minutes too after getting wrecked by Ibaka. Nice to see Hoiberg making those adjustments as necessary.
That's going to need to be his biggest development and simply getting stronger. Learning from the defensive coach will help, but he needs to add more bulk to play some of these PF's in this league.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's going to need to be his biggest development and simply getting stronger. Learning from the defensive coach will help, but he needs to add more bulk to play some of these PF's in this league.
I'd need to rewatch to see how Ibaka was getting his baskets. Midrange jumpers are one thing, getting beasted on in the paint is another. Niko definitely needs to add some strength though. Just enough so he can't get pushed around.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'd need to rewatch to see how Ibaka was getting his baskets. Midrange jumpers are one thing, getting beasted on in the paint is another. Niko definitely needs to add some strength though. Just enough so he can't get pushed around.
Which will go far in improving his overall defense... unless he's just going to be like Kevin Love.