IGT: Thunder vs BULLS Thursday November 5th @ 7pm on TNT

Who Wins?

• Total voters

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Bill Simmons is an idiot. Glad he's not at ESPN anymore so I don't have to hear his annoying ass.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
Right. A guy who can't rotate and play defense, who gets bullied inside, and who will not be on the team next year is untradeAble and a must have for this team. Anyone want to answer the question as to why, with logic and reasoning, gasol isn't the best piece to move? Can anyone dispute that he has the highest trade value at our deepest position? The fact that bobby can come in and make up for the offense, or most of the offense pau beings while actually providing energy and defense? Calling people idiots and not providing sound reasoning is what idiots do. "Heart of a champion?" Seriously?

Sound reasoning huh? Says the guy who thinks a rookie (Who has so far played very little) is a better option for the Bulls than an All Star and future HOFer. Seriously? And what evidence do you have that you surely know that Pau will opt out of his contract? You don't. Just BS speculation.

Bear06

Liked Posts:
And if you're going to point out two blocks gasol made, start pointing out all the easy shots under the basket he missed, and tally every time he doesn't put his hand up, make a rotation, or give full effort on defense? If you can count that high.

Is this supposed to be some kind of insult? Lol. Log off forever and get a new brain you wasteman.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Lol..great post. I learned a lot. Really made me think. Give yourself a gold star.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
What would you trade Pau Gasol for Enasic?

Not sure who is available but some perimeter help would be nice. I like a gasol for Courtney lee and a pick swap. The thing is we need to move a front court piece. Taj has virtually no value and trading our best defensive big, rebounder, and heart of the team in Noah is a bad idea. Gasol is the obvious trade piece, IMO.

And to the spaz who commented before you, I explained why gasol is likely to opt out. If you disagree or don't think he will, I'd love to hear your reasons and thought process. Looking forward to that. These straw man arguments on here are comical and display the ignorance that is running wild on this board.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Not sure who is available but some perimeter help would be nice. I like a gasol for Courtney lee and a pick swap. The thing is we need to move a front court piece. Taj has virtually no value and trading our best defensive big, rebounder, and heart of the team in Noah is a bad idea. Gasol is the obvious trade piece, IMO.

And to the spaz who commented before you, I explained why gasol is likely to opt out. If you disagree or don't think he will, I'd love to hear your reasons and thought process. Looking forward to that. These straw man arguments on here are comical and display the ignorance that is running wild on this board.

Only reason I know is due to his age. He 35 going on 36 and if he wants to go a team that is title ready he is more then likely going to have to take a pay cut and probably come off the bench.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Only reason I know is due to his age. He 35 going on 36 and if he wants to go a team that is title ready he is more then likely going to have to take a pay cut and probably come off the bench.

It's more the fact that opting out will get him multiple years. Would you rather play for 1 year at 7 mil or 2 years for say, 20 mil? Especially if the bulls don't win a title this year which let's face it, they're not going to.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Not to mention that he negotiated a player option for a reason. He came here with championship aspirations. If we don't win a title, why wouldn't he opt out of something he negotiated into his contract? Especially if it means more money for him. At the very least, it's pretty fucking likely he would opt out. Certainly more likely than not.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
It's more the fact that opting out will get him multiple years. Would you rather play for 1 year at 7 mil or 2 years for say, 20 mil? Especially if the bulls don't win a title this year which let's face it, they're not going to.

I don't see anybody offering a near 40 year Pau Gasol 20 mil contract for 2 years.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I don't see anybody offering a near 40 year Pau Gasol 20 mil contract for 2 years.

Lol...why not? That's 10 mil a year with the cAp going up. About the equivalent of a 6-7 million dollar deal under this CBA. Have you seen the contracts being handed out? What do you think he would get for 2 years???

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Lol...why not? That's 10 mil a year with the cAp going up. About the equivalent of a 6-7 million dollar deal under this CBA. Have you seen the contracts being handed out? What do you think he would get for 2 years???

Some of the contracts are crazy and stupid but even with the cap going up I don't see a title team giving Pau that kind of money due to his age.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Some of the contracts are crazy and stupid but even with the cap going up I don't see a title team giving Pau that kind of money due to his age.

there are 30 teams in the league....someone will give a future hall of famer at least 2 years and 20 mil

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Ok. Let's put it this way, if he signs a 2 year deal, it will be more in total than the 7 million he would make for 1 year. Considering that would likely be his last contract, it's logical to assume he'll opt out of something he negotiated into his contract, and make the most amount of money possible. I still think at minimum he would get a 2 yr/14 mil dollar deal. 14 mil>7 mil. It's easy to see why opting out is fairly certain. Wouldn't you say?