Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which will go far in improving his overall defense... unless he's just going to be like Kevin Love.
I'd take Kevin Love type production from him lol

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting tidbits from ESPN

From what we heard, Rose wasn't very chill at practices leading up to this game. That 25-point smackdown by the Charlotte Hornets on Tuesday didn't sit well with this group.

"Practice was a dog," Taj Gibson said. "I was cursing guys out. Jo was cursing guys out. Derrick was cursing guys out. It was good to have guys challenging each other."

Noah was a plus-16 and Gibson was a plus-9 in the first half, and Rose was the only starter with a positive plus-minus (+4). These three, along with Jimmy Butler, the hands-down best player on the team, need to bring that effort on a consistent basis, obviously, for this team to click under new coach Fred Hoiberg.

Butler scored 21 of his 26 points in the first half. Rose said he wanted his backcourt partner to be even more aggressive. Butler went 8-for-20 from the field, hitting 4-of-5 3-pointers. He hit all six of his free throws.

"Jimmy is going to be tough, man," Rose said. "I love the way he's playing. He's picking and choosing his spots. I want him to shoot more, a lot more, but that will come."

See, they're friends!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14064177/derrick-rose-proves-way-too-early-panic-game

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
And if you're going to point out two blocks gasol made, start pointing out all the easy shots under the basket he missed, and tally every time he doesn't put his hand up, make a rotation, or give full effort on defense? If you can count that high.

Obviously it comes down who are we gonna get who's better than Gasol at this moment? I don't see Cousins walking through that door.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Obviously it comes down who are we gonna get who's better than Gasol at this moment? I don't see Cousins walking through that door.

It's not about getting another C better than Gasol. Pau will be gone next year. He will opt out and the Bulls would be foolish to sign him for more money/years. We need to get better on the wing or upgrade the backup PG spot. I also really don't like the Pau/Niko starting lineup. I prefer more defense from my front court. Trade Pau for a better wing/PG, start Noah/Niko who really compliment each other more anyways, and bring Bobby/Taj off the bench. Portis is too good not to play and I think he could be a real weapon as a stretch 5. That way, our front court players bring a great mix of offense and defense both starting the game, and off the bench.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
It's not about getting another C better than Gasol. Pau will be gone next year. He will opt out and the Bulls would be foolish to sign him for more money/years. We need to get better on the wing or upgrade the backup PG spot. I also really don't like the Pau/Niko starting lineup. I prefer more defense from my front court. Trade Pau for a better wing/PG, start Noah/Niko who really compliment each other more anyways, and bring Bobby/Taj off the bench. Portis is too good not to play and I think he could be a real weapon as a stretch 5. That way, our front court players bring a great mix of offense and defense both starting the game, and off the bench.

How do you know Pau is going to opt out next offseason?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
How do you know Pau is going to opt out next offseason?

Why wouldn't he? He's making 7 million dollars a year right now. With the cap going up, he can opt out, sign for more money and more years. Unless he plans to retire. In which case, we definitely should look to trade him asap. He's not a great fit in the offense and he's terrible defensively on a team, who needs defense in the front court.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Why wouldn't he? He's making 7 million dollars a year right now. With the cap going up, he can opt out, sign for more money and more years. Unless he plans to retire. In which case, we definitely should look to trade him asap. He's not a great fit in the offense and he's terrible defensively on a team, who needs defense in the front court.

If the bulls win the title and Pau opt out and Noah is gone then oh well. Portis will probably step in and take over the center spot which I have no problem with.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
If the bulls win the title and Pau opt out and Noah is gone then oh well. Portis will probably step in and take over the center spot which I have no problem with.

The Bulls won't be a winning a title this year. But sure, if they win and then we lose both Noah and Gasol for nothing, it's easier to swallow. However, who in their right mind thinks we can beat GS or a team out West in a 7 game series? Assuming of course, we can get by Cleveland.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
The Bulls won't be a winning a title this year. But sure, if they win and then we lose both Noah and Gasol for nothing, it's easier to swallow. However, who in their right mind thinks we can beat GS or a team out West in a 7 game series? Assuming of course, we can get by Cleveland.

If Rose sustains how he plays against good PGs it's possible.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:

You forget that Pau is in his late 30s. Don't know how much money that will help him get.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
You forget that Pau is in his late 30s. Don't know how much money that will help him get.

Rise in cap will no doubt get him more than 7 million a year. Not to mention multiple years of guaranteed money as opposed to just one year of 7 million. It's not complicated. I didn't forget anything. You're spinning your tires and getting nowhere.

nbafan23

Liked Posts:
Rise in cap will no doubt get him more than 7 million a year. Not to mention multiple years of guaranteed money as opposed to just one year of 7 million. It's not complicated. I didn't forget anything. You're spinning your tires and getting nowhere.

Well you're just making assumptions.

Soooooooooooooo you're going nowhere either....I guess

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Well you're just making assumptions.

Soooooooooooooo you're going nowhere either....I guess

I'm making logical assumptions and also analyzing Gasol's fit/value on this team right now with a guy like Portis waiting in the wings. Looking at this team, I don't value Gasol's offense or fit in this offense considering his defensive struggles. I would prefer having better defense up front, and cashing him out for a wing/backup PG. That to me would maximize value at our deepest position (front court), help us on the perimeter where we need it, and strengthen us defensively. Bobby should be able to match most of Pau's offense, if not exceed it while bringing tons more energy and defense. I'm not sure what you're doing, really. Other than trying to poke holes in what I'm saying and failing to do so.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which will go far in improving his overall defense... unless he's just going to be like Kevin Love.
Just following up on the Niko defense thing...his positioning was just terrible. He was never in a spot to close out on Ibaka's midrange jumper based on what I saw. Has much a ways to go to be a better defender in all regards.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Wish Simmons would elaborate.