IGT: Week 16 Chicago Bears (5-9) vs Detroit Lions (10-3) 12:00PM CDT Fox

Who wins?

• Total voters

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
This how much we've evolved?

Clausen isn't allowed to have the same excuses as the 120 million dollar man?

So Cutler is allowed excuses now? When did that happen? Last game thread I was part of he was still to blame for both sides of the ball with no excuses allowed.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
So Cutler is allowed excuses now? When did that happen? Last game thread I was part of he was still to blame for both sides of the ball with no excuses allowed.

To the fanboys yes. The excuses for him haven't stopped since 2010

Remember, the guy who started at QB today hasn't taken a meaningful snap since 2010.

So dunno why he's held to the same standard as cutler.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Theres more to eventuating a QBs play than simply looking at stats. Clausen simply looked more in control and more capable of running an O than Cutler pretty much ever has.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
To the fanboys yes. The excuses for him haven't stopped since 2010

Remember, the guy who started at QB today hasn't taken a meaningful snap since 2010.

So dunno why he's held to the same standard as cutler.

Wait, is that another new excuse?

So you're complaining about a double standard because others are complaining about your double standard? Here's a strange thought, if you don't want Clausen or anyone else to have no excuses don't hold someone you don't like to the no excuses standard.

I think Clausen not only looked smarter but he had special teams and defense doing pretty good too, which Cutler hasn't ever been able to manage. But when it comes right down to it although Clausen did better on defense and special teams and he had the Oline protecting him better he still couldn't run the offense any better to put any more points on the board than Cutler has.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I think I'd actually lose my mind trying to explain the concept of sample sizes to some of you.

The guy above me, no chance. That's a special kind of stupid.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Claussen didn't quit on his team. He also didn't throw the ball to the other team. Hell, he actually looked like he gave a shit.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Wait, is that another new excuse?

So you're complaining about a double standard because others are complaining about your double standard? Here's a strange thought, if you don't want Clausen or anyone else to have no excuses don't hold someone you don't like to the no excuses standard.

I think Clausen not only looked smarter but he had special teams and defense doing pretty good too, which Cutler hasn't ever been able to manage. But when it comes right down to it although Clausen did better on defense and special teams and he had the Oline protecting him better he still couldn't run the offense any better to put any more points on the board than Cutler has.

Which is unfortunate considering he's making 120+ million less and generating the same result

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Which is unfortunate considering he's making 120+ million less and generating the same result

Which do you think would do better on the Bucs next year?
You're damning/praising the coach not the player. The coach's system is what doesn't differentiate between scrub QB's and QB's paid to be elite even if they are just above average.

We saw the difference between Cutler and McCown with Martz and the similarities with Trestman. I don't know how people can forget that, except they were too busy claiming Hanie sucked to look at McCown objectively and see he sucked just as much.

Unless you're writing the paycheck his contract has nothing to do with it other than mentioning it points to your jealousy and it won't matter what QB we have, any that are worth having will be boo'd out of town. Although that doesn't seem to be an issue with even higher paid lower risk basketball players.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Cutler...cause Jay is our quataback

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Actually...He DID throw the ball to the other team

It's the blinders like that and to the drops all year that really make one wonder. If Cutler had the exact same game he'd be getting crucified and everyone would forget that QB is responsible for the defense and special teams too. I'm surprised he hasn't been blamed for field maintenance.