Illini BB

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Iowa State held Houston to 41 last week. Houston, in a sloppy game, was in the upper 80's at the end of regulation yesterday. So I am a little concerned.

But I might be more concerned with a really good offensive team vs Illini. I think Illinois will win it.
I think this new dimension of Dainja being involved a lot more helps considerably. If the jumpers start clanging, he can be the go to in the post for easy scores, fouls, or quick kick-outs to open shooters. Never underestimate what a solid post player can open up, Illinois has essentially operated the whole season without even using him much. His addition changes the whole offense at times; there just aren’t many guys that can guard him 1-on-1.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Dan Hurley said the committee is “making it as tough on us as possible“ when he heard that they were playing the early game on Thursday. Somehow playing the first of four games makes it tougher on Connecticut then playing the second third or fourth game.

His “proof“ of how the committee made it tough was the teams put into his bracket in which he included Auburn, which, if you remember, lost to a 13 seed, so he pulled the usual coachspeak: “gives us more fuel“ with the usual “us against the world” bullshit.

Snowflake shit.

This guy is a fucking grade A douche.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Time for coffee so I can stay awake.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Anyone else getting pumped for this???

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Missed FTs are scaring me. Could easily be a 16-18 point lead.

But very nice half. Keep it up.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Missed FTs are scaring me. Could easily be a 16-18 point lead.

But very nice half. Keep it up.
Yes. Just start hitting FT’s and make a few more 3’s. ISU has been hacking at everything, they should have many more fouls.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Terrence Shannon with just a complete lack of awareness and intelligence to pick up his 4th foul.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
UCONN has to be favored by 7right?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
ELITE EIGHT!!!
What a gutty fucking win with some horrid player decisions by Illinois(at times) & abysmal FT shooting…: but the refs were atrocious. Iowa St should have had many more fouls if you ask me.

The announcers were stupid too… they said that Bill Self was the HC in 2005. And then couldn’t do simple math several times during the game when they were trying to add the missed FT’s to the score.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Where’s TL1961??

At a bar watching the Illini advance to the Elite 8!!

It will take a flawless performance to down UConn, but I like our chances better with a win tonight than with a loss.

Making the elite 8 and losing to the best team in the regional final is at least acceptable. (Not that I am conceding)

Advancing only to the sweet 16 with wins over two double digit seeds would have felt a little more empty.

Beating the 2 seed to advance to face the 1? I’ll take it!!

By the way, this is only the second time in the history of Illinois basketball that they have beaten a higher seeded team, and the first time was Illinois as a nine over Cincinnati and Bob Huggins as an eight.

This was much better.