Illini BB

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, Mark Smith led all Mizzou starters in scoring today with FIVE points and one FG.

He did add one assist.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Might move into the top 15.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Meanwhile, Mark Smith led all Mizzou starters in scoring today with FIVE points and one FG.

He did add one assist.
How the fuck did they lose to Mizzou? Lack of quality non-conference wins will hurt the seeding

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looking a bit far ahead, but it isnt unreasonable to see a 23-8 record going into the BTT.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
but why make that announcement right now? I have a feeling he's planning on going to play pro in Australia or wherever for a couple of months before going for the NBA draft.
Why would the NBA draft a kid who struggled to make the UK team rotation? He's been exposed. He needs to build his stock back up.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I heard that Whitney will be a tough get for UI, overseas or Georgetown more likely.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How the fuck did they lose to Mizzou? Lack of quality non-conference wins will hurt the seeding
The Mizzou loss was terrible and the Miami loss is worse. If those two teams played each other, nobody would win.

But they were in December, so if the Illini keep piling up quality wins, those bad losses look less and less relevant.

I didn't actually answer you're question, "How the hell did they lose to Mizzou?", because I was there, and i have not figured out how. Inexcusable. (I wanted Underwood fired that day.)

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I heard that Whitney will be a tough get for UI, overseas or Georgetown more likely.
Why would Georgetown be more likely? Chin is his dad’s best bud from what I understand. Ewing and crew may be gone after this season. Not saying it isn’t a possibility, but Georgetown isn’t ahead of anyone.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The Mizzou loss was terrible and the Miami loss is worse. If those two teams played each other, nobody would win.

But they were in December, so if the Illini keep piling up quality wins, those bad losses look less and less relevant.

I didn't actually answer you're question, "How the hell did they lose to Mizzou?", because I was there, and i have not figured out how. Inexcusable. (I wanted Underwood fired that day.)

Lol. That reply will suffice. Fuck Mizzou

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Why would Georgetown be more likely? Chin is his dad’s best bud from what I understand. Ewing and crew may be gone after this season. Not saying it isn’t a possibility, but Georgetown isn’t ahead of anyone.

Family connection from what I heard. Guy who knows some things about recruiting in the past. I personally have no connection so for me it's hearsay, but this guy is an Illini person and seems to have someone close to the program. Knew about Kofi, Curbelo, and Miller awhile before they became public.

He also said it was fluid and that Underwood will push for him very hard.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I am sure all Illini fans feel the same way, but I never, ever get tired of watching that!!

Ditto. Want to feel old? 15 yrs this March
Want to be depressed? Only 3 2nd round appearances since then and 5 appearances total.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Ditto. Want to feel old? 15 yrs this March
Want to be depressed? Only 3 2nd round appearances since then and 5 appearances total.

I remember it very well, and yep hard to believe it's been 15 years and such a complete dumpster fire since then.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I remember it very well, and yep hard to believe it's been 15 years and such a complete dumpster fire since then.
You have to wonder if Brian Randle doesn't break his hand in practice that October, if he was the missing piece to win it all. Or if Aaron Spears was at least a bit player(I dont think he ever played before quitting). I'm not even sure if Nick Smith saw the floor in the title game.

I'll never forget Roger Powell missing his own 3 in the semi final only to dunk his own rebound. Billy Packer was basically rooting against the Illini in both games on national television. Just like Bill Walton in the foul plagued 2000 Elite 8 game vs Arizona.

Also, that loss basically ended any relevance Lute Olsen had. He was done shortly thereafter in a couple of years with back-to-back mediocre squads. I still hate Zona because of the 2000 season matchups(3 times).

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You have to wonder if Brian Randle doesn't break his hand in practice that October, if he was the missing piece to win it all. Or if Aaron Spears was at least a bit player(I dont think he ever played before quitting). I'm not even sure if Nick Smith saw the floor in the title game.

I'll never forget Roger Powell missing his own 3 in the semi final only to dunk his own rebound. Billy Packer was basically rooting against the Illini in both games on national television. Just like Bill Walton in the foul plagued 2000 Elite 8 game vs Arizona.

Also, that loss basically ended any relevance Lute Olsen had. He was done shortly thereafter in a couple of years with back-to-back mediocre squads. I still hate Zona because of the 2000 season matchups(3 times).

"Foul on Archibald!" I hate blaming refs in any sport but that was ridiculous, as was the 2006 2nd round game where UI was up 10 late on Brandon Roy's UW team and the refs just gave them that game.

I remember that Powell play. I remember Luther missing two wide open threes down two late in the final, never got closer than that.

I think Spears could have at least tired Sean May out a little when Augie was in foul trouble all night. And Randle could have checked McCants a little bit.