Illini BB

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
1. The program was in essentially the same spot when Henson took over. It took him about 5 years to get it going.
2. Have you seen the buyout of his contract? He isn’t going anywhere after this year, unless by his own choice. He signed the contract. That’s what he’s done.
3. Barring a total collapse, Illinois is in the post-season this year. That’s progress.
4. Bringing in 2 Top 40 ranked players and Hawkins (inside 150 now), along with 2 transfers and a redshirt, the team has more shooting and more options next year. Whitman is smart enough to keep that going.

I agree that Underwood isn't going anywhere. But the thought of wanting Beilein isn't absurd. Underwood can't even hold Beilein's jock.

Recruiting arrow appears to be pointed up. Even with that, if you told me I could have Beilein and risk losing a few recruits, I'd do it.

As for the tournament, let's revisit after the season. If he makes it, I will give Underwood credit. If he fails, I sure hope people aren't going to make excuses for him because I'm over that shit.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I agree that Underwood isn't going anywhere. But the thought of wanting Beilein isn't absurd. Underwood can't even hold Beilein's jock.

Recruiting arrow appears to be pointed up. Even with that, if you told me I could have Beilein and risk losing a few recruits, I'd do it.

As for the tournament, let's revisit after the season. If he makes it, I will give Underwood credit. If he fails, I sure hope people aren't going to make excuses for him because I'm over that shit.
If they don't cruise into the tournament next season, I will join your with a pitch fork. This year you can finally see the potential. And yes, it's nutty for someone to keep throwing out names of coaches to go get, when Underwood isn't going anywhere.

Liked Posts:
Nichols can’t play basketball on the offensive side of the ball.

Another win slipping away because Underwood has been out coached here. Just can’t get a shot off and he has no idea how to fix it.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I don’t like violations.
Near violations? No such worries.

Liked Posts:
draining the clock down to 3 on the shot clock and throwing up an air ball or near air ball isn’t a very good offense

Liked Posts:
Fire Underwood!

Lol. In all seriousness, i wonder how good this team would be if they had a real #4.

This team will do well in the tournaments if Underwood has a quick hook with Giorgi when he’s struggling.

Also means if Kofi gets in foul trouble besides just the first half they are doomed

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol nobody said that
Illinois should hire Bruce Pearl (gag me). Illinois should hire Beilein. Facts! Lots more the past few seasons and likely after the Miami home loss and the inexplicable Mizzou loss.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Illinois should hire Bruce Pearl (gag me). Illinois should hire Beilein. Facts! Lots more the past few seasons and likely after the Miami home loss and the inexplicable Mizzou loss.

If there were fire wood chants after the Mizzou game, they were deserved. Wood almost attacked a fan after that game too.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If there were fire wood chants after the Mizzou game, they were deserved. Wood almost attacked a fan after that game too.
No they weren't deserved. Only people live and die by every shot, every pitch and every hike in games think shit like that.