Illini BB

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
NCAA will make D1 sports all Spring sports, if they have to do so. JMHO.

It's a fine plan though we have no idea how things will look in the spring either. Another option is to do a condensed season in May, June, July when the student body is gone. Then have a tournament in August.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It's a fine plan though we have no idea how things will look in the spring either. Another option is to do a condensed season in May, June, July when the student body is gone. Then have a tournament in August.
I'm basing this on Pfizer having their vaccine through the 3rd trial and available to the public by Christmas 2020, as they suggested would happen on Twitter. As the most vulnerable people would be first in line, here's no reason to not be gung ho about Football in February and perhaps Basketball. I could definitely see baseball getting kicked back a month and going into July. As a matter of fact I have heard that is a possibility with the lower levels of college sports. Having all the sports go in my scenario would be very difficult for small schools to pull off. Too may transportation issues.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Illinois will take a trip to Durham to take on Duke in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They play Baylor and Duke and this is the season to do just that. Good to get an idea where you stand. Not sure what to expect as they mesh but they have lots of talent and depth. Ayo, Kofi, Trent, Curbelo and Miller, Damonte.....we haven't gotten to Giorgi yet or the two transfers, Grandison and Hutcherson. Less may be expected of those three, but then again, anything you get from them on top of the rest is great. And while I don't expect major contributions from all, there has also been mention of 'don't sleep on Coleman Hawkins".

I walked out of the Bragging RIghts game last year as disappointed as could be and ready to fire Underwood.
I go onto 2020-21 expecting great things.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Illinois ranked #8 in preseason poll

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since the draft happened, if Ayo had stayed in the draft, do you think he gets drafted? after watching that draft and seeing some of the people who went undrafted, I don't think Ayo would have gotten drafted. I think he made the wise decision to come back to Illinois.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Since the draft happened, if Ayo had stayed in the draft, do you think he gets drafted? after watching that draft and seeing some of the people who went undrafted, I don't think Ayo would have gotten drafted. I think he made the wise decision to come back to Illinois.

Late 2nd round at best.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Illini handing out an ass kicking to the Aggies. 58-19 at end of first half.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who the fuck are these chumps they just played?
Were they some HS team on the way to play in Indy or something but the bus broke down on 74?