In your opinion...how good will Justin Fields be?

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Who is everybody? The pro coaches and scouts have eyes I believe. How come they did'nt see it. How come the 10 teams that passed on him did not see it. No eyes right. Must be tough being a blind pro coach or scout.
Didn't NINE teams pass on Mahomes?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:

@johnzabroski

@CSimmsQB
I dont understand media love for Justin Fields. He was extremely slow from snap to release throughout the game. Slow decision makers dont last in the NFL. Killed Tim Tebow, killed Michael Vick, and other physical freaks. 3.20 seconds to throw is not a pro QB, I'm sorry.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
@johnzabroski

@CSimmsQB
I dont understand media love for Justin Fields. He was extremely slow from snap to release throughout the game. Slow decision makers dont last in the NFL. Killed Tim Tebow, killed Michael Vick, and other physical freaks. 3.20 seconds to throw is not a pro QB, I'm sorry.

Honestly, what the fuck is Simm's deal with Fields??? It's like he flat out hates him. The more he keeps doing this the more he's gonna look like an even bigger jackass.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Honestly, what the fuck is Simm's deal with Fields??? It's like he flat out hates him. The more he keeps doing this the more he's gonna look like an even bigger jackass.
I just love how he thinks that is what killed Tim Tebow ?. I bet in a couple years Sims will eat his words and pretend he supported Fields from the beginning.

Monster

Liked Posts:
I believe JF is the most highly naturally gifted QB I’ve ever seen.
In my over 40 years of football experience I can’t even come close to recalling anyone looking this good this fast.
Im seeing statements about release… but that is only significant if someone is open…. That was not the case in pre-one.
He holds for an opportunity.. while if memory serves doing so with no negative plays. In other words he doesn’t force plays… while never losing yards…. He’s exactly what you want.

DISCLAIMER: I’ve no professional experience in evaluating players.
I’m just a beer loving Bears fan who really likes this QB.
I’m absolutely full of shit and a total Bear homer…
That said…. I hope he’s a HOF QB…. The Bears are certainly due to get one right.
Bear Down!

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i found it funny watching preseason he is 6'3" but he looks small, i think he's so fast for his size that it makes him seem smaller, i'm wondering who we've seen like him. He's like a Lamar Jackson quality runner who IMO is a better passer. I think the Prescott comp was off he's way faster than Dak ......I'll have to see more of him against some starters to get a better idea.

A taller Kyler Murray

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I think Simms is a tool and I hope Field's becomes a star just to shut Simms up....which won't happen, Simms will keep yammering as long as he's breathing air

Liked Posts:
Nah,.....
What are u.....30 yrs old? ? Me and a few other here were old enough to see us win the SB in 85. And I hope u can see it happen in your lifetime. You'll never forget it. ;)(y)
I was around when Bobby Douglas was the QB, and when they drafted Sayers and Butkus in the same year. Now thats old!!!!83 and still a die hard Bear Fan.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i found it funny watching preseason he is 6'3" but he looks small, i think he's so fast for his size that it makes him seem smaller, i'm wondering who we've seen like him. He's like a Lamar Jackson quality runner who IMO is a better passer. I think the Prescott comp was off he's way faster than Dak ......I'll have to see more of him against some starters to get a better idea.
Always looked smaller to me as well. He has the solid dimensions of a smaller guy put into a grow machine.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
@johnzabroski

@CSimmsQB
How many sacks did he take? What a stupid take. Russel Wilson and Watson have both had years with longer time to throw. Must suck.

Too early to anoint Fields but that sort of take when the guy did not have a single pressure fail is ridiculous. When he got early pressure, he avoided it. It makes your average TTT high but if you make plays instead of throwing it away, that's a good thing. How many throwaways did he have with a makeshift line, Mr. Simms?

Last edited:

Tee

Beast Mode
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars
How good will Justin Fields' career be with Chicago? Make your call now..
Dude you can't really predict this.... things can happen that might derail his career.... like other players not signed or cut. Defense might not have the players anymore. So many factors.... BUT, I see how excited you are, I am too. Right now with all the hype and what I see from highlights from college and preseason...... I give him 82 madden rating.... if he's named starter and had a good season rating goes to 94!!!........... GO BEARS!

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
How many sacks did he take? What a stupid take. Russel Wilson and Watson have both had years with longer time to throw. Must suck.

Too early to anoint Fields but that sort of take when the guy did not have a single pressure fail is ridiculous.

i wasn't bothered by it until his shitty practice yesterday and there are guys open, he needs to let it rip and he takes a couple more steps....it's my number one peev when i coach, guys flash open, the qbs stare at them....then when they let it go the DB has caught up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and here I thought that our predictions were serious business.:(

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i wasn't bothered by it until his shitty practice yesterday and there are guys open, he needs to let it rip and he takes a couple more steps....it's my number one peev when i coach, guys flash open, the qbs stare at them....then when they let it go the DB has caught up.
I'm sure and he's still young to the NFL but to bitch about his play on Sunday is silly. Seems he was doing things in time earlier in camp. I wonder if he's going off script and starting to play with it a little, watch routes finish etc or may just be a bad day.