In your opinion...how good will Justin Fields be?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i found it funny watching preseason he is 6'3" but he looks small, i think he's so fast for his size that it makes him seem smaller, i'm wondering who we've seen like him. He's like a Lamar Jackson quality runner who IMO is a better passer. I think the Prescott comp was off he's way faster than Dak ......I'll have to see more of him against some starters to get a better idea.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
How are the two thoughts related? Fields is not Trubisky. Trubisky is not Fields. Why do you bring up unrealted stuff in every post.

Since you're an idiot I'll explain it to you:

You made excuses for Trubisky going into his 4th year in the league. Everyone with a pair of eyes can see Fields is better than Trubisky but you're over here saying "let's wait and see". Nobody can take your QB opinion seriously.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

You made excuses for Trubisky going into his 4th year in the league. Everyone with a pair of eyes can see Fields is better than Trubisky but you're over here saying "let's wait and see". Nobody can take your QB opinion seriously.
Then dont. Why would I care either way what you or anyone else takes seriously. I'm taking the wait and see approach. If that bothers you so what.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

Who is everybody? The pro coaches and scouts have eyes I believe. How come they did'nt see it. How come the 10 teams that passed on him did not see it. No eyes right. Must be tough being a blind pro coach or scout.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
i found it funny watching preseason he is 6'3" but he looks small, i think he's so fast for his size that it makes him seem smaller, i'm wondering who we've seen like him. He's like a Lamar Jackson quality runner who IMO is a better passer. I think the Prescott comp was off he's way faster than Dak ......I'll have to see more of him against some starters to get a better idea.
I really don't think there really is a comp for him.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Who is everybody? The pro coaches and scouts have eyes I believe. How come they did'nt see it. How come the 10 teams that passed on him did not see it. No eyes right. Must be tough being a blind pro coach or scout.
That's like asking how did scouts on nine teams pass on Mahomes, including the Bears at #2. Shit happens in every draft.

Bust

Liked Posts:
How good will Justin Fields' career be with Chicago? Make your call now..

Put it this way . . . when it's all said and done Justin Fields will be the walking Pope of Chicago.

you heard it here first!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Holy Shit! Where is this Cracker Barrel located? They’re usually packed like a Chick-fil-A in the South.
Chastain road in Georgia

jive

Liked Posts:
His floor would be Lamar Jackson. Justin Fields has all the speed and athleticism as Lamar with additional size. All he has to do is be a mediocre to average passer.

His ceiling would be redefining what a prototypical QB is. Along with size, speed, and athleticism, he has great arm talent and a good head between his shoulders. He has the potential to be the most complete QB ever.
He's been compared to Wilson and Prescott, but he's quicker than both of them. Justin Fields is also bigger than Wilson, which allows him to make throws that Wilson can't. I also think that he has a stronger arm than both. If Justin Fields can pick up the game, he should be able to surpass these QBs. Some say he could be as good as Mahommes, but Justin Fields has better speed and mobility to go along with similar arm talent. If Justin Fields picks up the ability to read defenses and consistently find open receivers to go along with his ability to burn the defense with his feet, he'll surpass Mahommes. Some compare him to Rodgers because he could extend plays with his feet, but he wasn't a guy that could break a long play with his feet either like Justin Fields. I like the comparison to Steve Young, but even still Justin Fields is bigger, faster, and has a stronger arm.

I have watched the Bears faithfully for over 40 years. Never, ever, had I been excited about a prospect, let alone a QB that the Bears have drafted or signed as much as I've been about Justin Fields. I have groaned at many picks and signings, and have seen plenty of training camp and preseason heroes over the years. Justin Fields is the only QB drafted that I think will be a real deal franchise QB.