In your opinion...how good will Justin Fields be?

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
I’d say he will be Russell Wilson 2.0.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yea I think that's the most special aspect about him which is why I like the Wilson comp. Wilson can run and will but he's always looking to make a play with his arm first and does a great job at using his speed and his shiftyness to buy more time to throw rather than just look to run.

I see in Fields, something like a Steve Young-Warren Moon. Yeah.....I know I'm going back ( thats Moon in the avatar). :)

Last edited:

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Top 10 every year starting in 2022. Top 5 once we get rid of Nagy.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Wow, this thread was homerism at lightspeed.

Like downing a 55 gallon drum of kool-aid.

He won't be able to live up to these unreal expectations.
He is by far the best prospect with the highest ceiling the Bears have had at the position so it makes sense that fans are optimistic.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jeez, are you like 100 years old or something?

;)

Nah,.....
What are u.....30 yrs old? ? Me and a few other here were old enough to see us win the SB in 85. And I hope u can see it happen in your lifetime. You'll never forget it. ;)(y)

Nelly

Liked Posts:
He is by far the best prospect with the highest ceiling the Bears have had at the position so it makes sense that fans are optimistic.
...and it's not even really close. Trubisky is the closest and that's only physical. Trubisky didn't have Fields' physical tools and was even further off in pedigree.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think he's going to be an upper 2nd tier QB who keeps getting let down by the incompetence of his organization.
I don’t think you believe that. Though it’s good to hedge your bets.

I know you love this guy. Jump in with both feet and enjoy it.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
...and it's not even really close. Trubisky is the closest and that's only physical. Trubisky didn't have Fields' physical tools and was even further off in pedigree.

Well a big problem with Mitch was his lack of confidence and leadership. Listen to how timid he sounds in some of his press
conferences. Ya can't be a successful Qb and lack confidence and leadership.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even with my most conservative position, I still think he will end up being the best quarterback in Bears history. He's too talented and has enough of a pedigree to flop the way Trubisky and Cutler flopped before him. His ceiling is MVP-level play, but probabilistically, I think he'll fall into that top 10/fringe top 5 range of quarterbacks in any given year. Good enough to win a superbowl with, but maybe not Rodgers/Brady/Manning/Mahomes-like.
That seems the most logical conclusion.

He's exciting for sure. An unstoppable force.

This might sound weird but he could be the Gale Sayers of QBs.

His raw talent is top notch, but whatever Mahomes is or Rodgers is too mystical, too ridiculous to expect even from the finest clay.
It's just doubtful anyone achieves that kind of arm +timing no matter the starting place.

But Fields can have early success because what he is will be unstoppable while he remains young fast and strong.

In that respect the Cam Newton comparisons are maybe good. The Griffin comparisons but Griffin never got to peek physically and mentally.

Steve Young is a comparison. I know he is ready but I think you should sit a guy like that.

Save his body for times ahead and worry about his progression as a passer. The window where he will have both peaked is small.

Unfortunately we don't have Joe Montana to hold him back from starting the physical attrition while he develops.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
OK I’ve tried to temper my expectations but after that game and seeing it with my own eyes I think he will:

1. Be the ?. Not just the football goat. But the greatest athlete of all time in any sport now, past or future. For all eternity.
2. By midseason he will run a public service announcement asking Republicans and Democrats to get along…. And they will.
3. During his bye week he will discover the cure for covid.
4. He will of course lead the Bears to the SB and win.
5. Minimum 18 peat.
6. After retiring in the year 2043 he will run for President. (Wins in a 97% to 3% landslide). Only Packer fans vote against him.
7 After 2 successful terms and achieving world peace he converts to Catholicism.
8. He is elected Pope one month later. Two months after that Christians, Muslims and Jews all form the one world religion known as Justinianity.
9. Aaron Rodgers is cast into the pits of hell.
10. Justin lives for eternity ruling benevolently.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don’t think you believe that. Though it’s good to hedge your bets.

I know you love this guy. Jump in with both feet and enjoy it.
I love him big time. I just need to see this organization not be what they have been to feel better about how things will turn out. I truly believe he's a franchise QB and he'll be here for over 10 years and shatter every Bears record(not hard to do) barring injury.

I think people will see 2nd tier QB and find it insulting but that's just one level below the elite guys(Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes). I wouldn't be surprised if he got there though.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ask him about his Mitch prediction

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will be the Bears' first top 10 QB since Sid Luckman was a top 10 QB when there was only about 10 teams in the league.

mbison

Liked Posts:
Not a lot of white guy comps available for Fields' 4.4 speed and rushing ability mixed with his arm, and accuracy. Josh Allen is probably the best current comp other than Wilson and Watson for his potential, IMO. I'd take any of those 3 guys (as players) with delight of course.
Watson and Wilson are both tiny guys. Either of them have burner speed like fields. Cam is probably the only one that’s his size and strength

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Watson and Wilson are both tiny guys. Either of them have burner speed like fields. Cam is probably the only one that’s his size and strength
Play style is more like the previous 2 though. Indeed Fields' size offers him a potential advantage on them though.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Wilson’s brains and skill, Cam’s size and strength, Watson’s speed?

Middle of the road QB….