Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He didnt play safety for 6 games fyi...

Oh crap you're right, I was looking at the wrong column on all of those guys. I was looking at games dressed instead of games started. Further amplifies the point I was making then.

For the sake of accuracy I re-checked them. Amos played in 10 games, Burnett was 12 games, Wilson was 10 games and Sendejo was 13 games so it was just Amos I got wrong.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I think people are literally missing this in the stats and in this thread but I wanted to thank you for making I clear twice, once on each page, in such a simple and professional way, wazzupi, and I hope people will re-think their thoughts based upon this revised understanding of the statistics they were misunderstanding.

Thanks again.
I appreciate your recognition and I do hope for the same as you. so Thank you I try hard to state the facts.

Matt2012

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Wisconsin Badgers
I see no reason that we need to worry about the safety positions at all. Maybe throw a late pick at a DB, but nothing more than that.
I know a lot of people don't like PFF, but they had him ranked as the 2nd best safety in the league this season. The move to SS has been great for him.

The pairing of Jackson and Amos is definitely a strong part of our foundation on defense.

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I put Amos in the same category as Kwiatoski. If they've reached their ceiling, both are good journeyman backups. However, Amos improved dramatically this season. he went from being awful to being serviceable. So the question becomes whether he continues to improve. If he improves 50% of how much he improved this season, he's clearly a legitimate starter.
Amos a journeyman backup? I don't think so. He was ranked as the #2 SS behind only Harrison Smith. The following is through week 9. I couldn't find anything more recent, but the PFF guy (his name escapes me at the moment) was on with Spiegel and Parkins yesterday and Amos is still number 2. And that, my friend, is way more than being "serviceable."

2. ADRIAN AMOS, CHICAGO BEARS
PFF Grade: 92.0
PFF Elite Stat: Amos is allowing only 0.21 yards per coverage snap, the 11th-best mark among safeties with at least 100 coverage snaps.

Amos leads all NFL safeties with a coverage grade of 91.4 this season. Despite being one of the most frequently targeted safeties in the league at once every 11.5 coverage snaps on average, Amos has surrendered a first down or touchdown on just 27.8 percent of his targets. That’s the sixth-lowest mark among safeties with at least 10 targets. He’s allowed just 41 yards on 13 catches in coverage this season, with a mere 19 of those coming after the catch. His 17 solo stops are the sixth-most in the NFL this year among all safeties.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What I posted earlier was PFF's summary for the season naming their all pro squad.