Is Justin Fields delusional

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Fozzie Land, Muppet City, The Former US of A
Personally, I hope The One does well. In my 30+ year Bears fan career, Fields has easily been the most talented QB the Bears ever drafted. I dont question his skill set at all. Ill reserve judgement for a couple of years on developmental areas as well.

However, Is the man a little off mentally. Not that being off is a problem itself. A crazy mofo, is a dangerous mofo in certain aspects. Justin says, one of his strengths is showing up, capitalizing in big moments and playing well on the big stage. This can be seen on draft night and around @ 4:08 of the video below.

However in The final games of each of the last two seasons, the biggest games, on the biggest stage, Fields was pedestrian.

Playoff semi, Fiesta Bowl 2019, Fields threw for 320 yards, had a decent comp % but throws 2 INT. One of those Ints being in the endzone in the final minute. Fields also stalled out 3 times in the redzone in a close 6 point defeat to clemson.

National Championship 2020. 194 Yards, 51% completion %. Sure some may say he wasnt 100%. Still though, as Justin put it. He was able to be out there.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
oy vey!!

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, the last time Mr. Fields sat down on the sofa in my office to discuss his delusional episodes we had a rather frank discussion on...

Yea, that never happened.

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
This time of year is a little slow for football fans. So, minutiae takes center stage.

Some Bear fans are overly optimistic this time of year, before reality sets in. Some are overly pessimistic, having been burned before.

Honestly, this sort of thing is something not to fret about....Whether Fields is a franchise quarterback or another bust will not be known until we see him play. Period.

In the meantime, as another poster suggested, enjoy your summer. They are glorious and precious in the upper midwest, so don't waste any of it on hand-wringing.

Liked Posts:
Personally, I hope The One does well. In my 30+ year Bears fan career, Fields has easily been the most talented QB the Bears ever drafted. I dont question his skill set at all. Ill reserve judgement for a couple of years on developmental areas as well.

However, Is the man a little off mentally. Not that being off is a problem itself. A crazy mofo, is a dangerous mofo in certain aspects. Questionable self awareness can stunt or even restrict a persons ability to grow though. Given the short leash drafted QBs get these days, time is a factor and certain mental hurdles wont be waited on for long.

Justin says, one of his strengths is showing up, capitalizing in big moments and playing well on the big stage. This can be seen on draft night and around @ 4:08 of the video below.

However in The final games of each of the last two seasons, the biggest games, on the biggest stage, Fields was pedestrian.

Playoff semi, Fiesta Bowl 2019, Fields threw for 320 yards, had a decent comp % but throws 2 INT. One of those Ints being in the endzone in the final minute. Fields also stalled out 3 times in the redzone in a close 6 point defeat to clemson.

National Championship 2020. 194 Yards, 51% completion %. Sure some may say he wasnt 100%. Still though, as Justin put it. He was able to be out there.

He was still injured in the Natty from that Clemson hit the week before... and he was playing against a ridiculous defense who got an extra week off via a "practice game" against the capitulating Irish. AND he still had plenty of plays where he made Bama's D look stupid.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Whats done is done, if he can play he will play if he can't we move on.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
These threads remind me of the girlfriend who constantly needs reassurance. Beta

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
if this kid busts after all the proclamations of his greatness they're going to have to mist the city with antidepressants from hovering helicopters

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Its called confidence. Bears QBs typically aren't talented or cool enough to have any.