Is McCown playing Cutler out of a contract?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Good game by his back up. Cutler is an ok Q-Back. He is not one of the top ones by anyone's stretch of the imagination.

When I think of great Q-Backs the ones that come to mind are Bradey (hate him but dude can be inhuman) Brez. Manning has been the next Dan Marino. Great work but lacks the wins. Kid brother is less talented but when he is on he kills the Pats. Rodgers hate him but that is based off of fear of him. He can wreck a D.

What impressed me witht he game last night was the O line. It controlled the game. Packs were forced into a run game and it really exposed the lacking of the Bears D. Why they were not stacking the box to stop the run was beyond me at times.

Now on Jay. He is a league Avg Q-Back. I'd put him into my Chargers Q-Back area but Cutler has more talent to pass to. He should be better than he is. So to be perfectly honest and from an outside opinion there are plenty of Q-Backs out there that are way better than him and this team would be feared if you plug Brez or Bradey at the helm. For that matter put Luck in charge with the talent the O has and this team would be putting up monster games.

It is on Cutler. He has the talent and I liked that he was out there 100% behind his back up. But he needs to step up and become epic or all he is doing is holding back a potentially great team.

About as an honest opinion for a guy that grew up watching some great Bears teams.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good game by his back up. Cutler is an ok Q-Back. He is not one of the top ones by anyone's stretch of the imagination.

When I think of great Q-Backs the ones that come to mind are Bradey (hate him but dude can be inhuman) Brez. Manning has been the next Dan Marino. Great work but lacks the wins. Kid brother is less talented but when he is on he kills the Pats. Rodgers hate him but that is based off of fear of him. He can wreck a D.

What impressed me witht he game last night was the O line. It controlled the game. Packs were forced into a run game and it really exposed the lacking of the Bears D. Why they were not stacking the box to stop the run was beyond me at times.

Now on Jake. He is a league Avg Q-Back. I'd put him into my Chargers Q-Back area but Cutler has more talent to pass to. He should be better than he is. So to be perfectly honest and from an outside opinion there are plenty of Q-Backs out there that are way better than him and this team would be feared if you plug Brez or Bradey at the helm. For that matter put Luck in charge with the talent the O has and this team would be putting up monster games.

It is on Cutler. He has the talent and I liked that he was out there 100% behind his back up. But he needs to step up and become epic or all he is doing is holding back a potentially great team.

About as an honest opinion for a guy that grew up watching some great Bears teams.

You misspelled so many names it isn't even funny

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Too bad he didn't.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Holy necro-threading Batman!

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, let Jay walk. Peace the fuck out, Jay!

Not that McCown is the long term answer or anything, but, no way in the world I'd pay Jay 70-90 million.

And another thing, no way I start Jay next week either, even if he's close to 100%.

I'm proud of this post, and I wasn't even drunk like I am now.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well, he did end up playing himself out of a contract in Tampa, does that count?

3rd N Long

Liked Posts:
Well, he did end up playing himself out of a contract in Tampa, does that count?

You don't think, his 1-10 record in 2014 proves, that McCown would have been the better choice? Prepare to be schooled by those who know more than you ever will about football. :mad:

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
You don't think, his 1-10 record in 2014 proves, that McCown would have been the better choice? Prepare to be schooled by those who know more than you ever will about football. :mad:

Yes, because we wouldn't be stuck with him.

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
6332.387e003f_5F00_HolyNecroPost_5F00_759032.jpeg