Is McCown playing Cutler out of a contract?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hear me out on this one.

I'm not saying that McCown is the long-term answer here...and Cutler has been very good for us this season...But with McCown playing in his 2nd game, the offense hasn't missed a beat...McCown is moving the ball against a good (albeit banged-up) defense, IN Green Bay, and is looking good doing so.

McCown is considered to be a below-league-avg QB, and is working on 2 weeks of prep. What's to say Trestman can't teach a FA QB (Cassle? McCoy? Henne?) or a smart rookie (Murray? Mettenberger?) the same?

What say you all?

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I say merge some threads

last time I did that the night of a game, there was so much backlash, I felt it 5 days prior to. :(

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
last time I did that the night of a game, there was so much backlash, I felt it 5 days prior to. :(

Fuck you...merge the threads or else we'll stop posting in your going to bed thread!!! :fist:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The one thing we need to do is extend Slauson to keep this beast OL together for years to come. We are blocking allowing the QB to go through his reads without always being on his ass.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
nvm

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hear me out on this one.

I'm not saying that McCown is the long-term answer here...and Cutler has been very good for us this season...But with McCown playing in his 2nd game, the offense hasn't missed a beat...McCown is moving the ball against a good (albeit banged-up) defense, IN Green Bay, and is looking good doing so.

McCown is considered to be a below-league-avg QB, and is working on 2 weeks of prep. What's to say Trestman can't teach a FA QB (Cassle? McCoy? Henne?) or a smart rookie (Murray? Mettenberger?) the same?

What say you all?
/ \
l
l
l

I'm with stupid

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
I don't think it will mean Cutler is out of town. I think it will just mean he will have to take considerably less $.

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think it will mean Cutler is out of town. I think it will just mean he will have to take considerably less $.

lol No chance in hell he does that. This is their job. We work to make money, and there are plenty of other teams that will shell out the cash.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Rush. merge this shit and make me a mod so I can abuse my power now!

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Hear me out on this one.

What say you all?

I've been thinking the same damn thing. Offense looks so damn sharp with McCown at the helm. With Cutler, its fits and starts.

I think McCown has made me feel ok to move on from Cutler and draft a QB.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, let Jay walk. Peace the fuck out, Jay!

Not that McCown is the long term answer or anything, but, no way in the world I'd pay Jay 70-90 million.

And another thing, no way I start Jay next week either, even if he's close to 100%.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
I've been thinking the same damn thing. Offense looks so damn sharp with McCown at the helm. With Cutler, its fits and starts.

I think McCown has made me feel ok to move on from Cutler and draft a QB.

There were plenty of fits and starts with Josh tonight as well.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol No chance in hell he does that. This is their job. We work to make money, and there are plenty of other teams that will shell out the cash.

Yeah but who wants to live in jacksonville