Is McCown playing Cutler out of a contract?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pib, be happy you cornball brotha! Bears finally beat gb...don't be a shithead cuz Jay didn't do it

Im sure Hanie could have won tonight with all the work the OL put into blocking against GB for once. All this does is solidify us getting a draft pick to groom well.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I can see why Botfly mocks the shit out of you now lol

Doesn't surprise me. Idiots attract other idiots.

Then again, bot's stopped with the mocking shit, so I can't really say he's an idiot - I'd say he's gotten smarter. Can't say the same for you.

Bearsfan7954

Liked Posts:
Not a lot. Really McCown was money the whole first half. Defense did adjust at halftime, but they worked it out by the 4th quarter. It just feels more crisp with McCown at the helm, and a lot of the stalls were because of dropped passes.

Look, he had a very good game but he had some bad passes, not seeing open guys and stuff like that. He did not play a perfect game like some here seem to think. Frankly it really does not matter to me who starts. If Trestman thinks it's Josh fine by me if it is Jay that is also fine by me. This is typical Bear fan behavior, pump up the backup and shit on the starter. I want to be clear I am not shitting on Josh here he had an awesome game but it would of been a different game if Rodgers was playing and you are smart enough to know that.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
And what does McCown have to do with stacking the box?

You're an idiot. No one is saying we win the game with Aaron Rodgers still in. But the Packers D is the Packers D, and McCown moved the ball really well and made much faster decisions and reads than Cutler usually does. That doesn't mean we make McCown our permanent starter, but it might mean we're better off drafting a QB and retaining McCown as our backup vet presence to help the kid develop and step in if need be.

I like Jay. I want him to succeed. But when I see the offense performs more smoothly without him than with him, yeah, its going to make me question whether he's worth the $$$ to retain him.

Now, if he comes back and having seen how McCown runs the O can take a few pages from McCowns book and work his reads quicker, then fuck yeah I say re-sign him. But he's got to show me first he can get this offense rolling that smoothly.

we were up against a clay matthewless defense with our OL obliterating them and Trestman making Capers his bitch after 2 weeks of preparation.

Making all these extreme calls after one game is exposing who our most irrational posters are.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And what does McCown have to do with stacking the box?

You're an idiot. No one is saying we win the game with Aaron Rodgers still in. But the Packers D is the Packers D, and McCown moved the ball really well and made much faster decisions and reads than Cutler usually does. That doesn't mean we make McCown our permanent starter, but it might mean we're better off drafting a QB and retaining McCown as our backup vet presence to help the kid develop and step in if need be.

I like Jay. I want him to succeed. But when I see the offense performs more smoothly without him than with him, yeah, its going to make me question whether he's worth the $$$ to retain him.

Now, if he comes back and having seen how McCown runs the O can take a few pages from McCowns book and work his reads quicker, then fuck yeah I say re-sign him. But he's got to show me first he can get this offense rolling that smoothly.

The PAckers d had injured starters as well. Like I said Botfly is justified in mocking you.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
jesus christ, not again.

That was probably the O line's best game of the season AND we had 2 weeks to prepare. dominated both pass and run with the OL. Lets not get carried away and pull a caleb hanie NFC championship game. I remember quite a few people not likeing how McCown looked in preseason and wanting a "real" 2nd round QB.

How about Matt Flynn, he outplayed Rodgers when Rodgers went out. The Packers shouldn't have given Rodgers that big contract when they could have kept Flynn. I mean, look how great Flynn is doing!

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That isn't the concern of the offense. The offense kept rolling without Cutler making him a little more expendable. By all means he should stay but not for a big pay day.

Don't want to break the bank on Cutler. I've said this a million times already

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
How about Matt Flynn, he outplayed Rodgers when Rodgers went out. The Packers shouldn't have given Rodgers that big contract when they could have kept Flynn. I mean, look how great Flynn is doing!

Yep. That kid in Buffalo is out playing EJ Manuel, Kirk Cousins has out played RG3 before too. Expendable indeed

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don't think anyone is saying that McCown is Cutler's replacement - some people just like to sensationalize it.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
McCown was spectacular. Granted the Packers defense sucks but still, he should have had another TD in my opinion based on the spot. I do think his first TD was probably lucky as hell but I'll need to see that again to be sure. But I think he just flat footed lofted one up there and got lucky. Regardless, hell of a game in my opinion. Rodgers doesn't play defense. If Cutler had that game he'd be worshiped here by most.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
We lost to the horrible skins and barely bear a Aaron Rodgersless packers!

We lost to the horrible Skins because Cutler was awful. McCown got three touchdowns and a field goal on six drives, with the two other drive sending in Washington territorry. Cutler's longest drive in the first half was 20 yards and he threw a pick six.

Let's put the blame for that loss where it belongs, Cutler and the defense.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We lost to the horrible Skins because Cutler was awful. McCown got three touchdowns and a field goal on six drives, with the two other drive sending in Washington territorry. Cutler's longest drive in the first half was 20 yards and he threw a pick six.

Let's put the blame for that loss where it belongs, Cutler and the defense.

Wow Cutler played for three whole series that game but yeah he was awful. Also Jeffery let that pass go through his hands and the caught it. I fucking swear..................

StrongerThanAll

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Super game by McNown and Jeffries I say trade em both while their stock is hot and draft another QB next year so Trestman can get his guy along with a burner WR

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I don't think McCown has, will, or even could play Cutler out of a contract. But the success he is finding does raise the interesting question: is this team's offense better off with a cerebral QB who reads the schemes/defense to find open receivers, versus a gun slinging make something out of nothing type? If McCown keeps getting this kind of success I think the answer to that question is probably yes, which opens a whole new can of worms.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Wow Cutler played for three whole series that game but yeah he was awful. Also Jeffery let that pass go through his hands and the caught it. I fucking swear..................

Cutler had six drives, as many as McCown had in the second half.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Wow, some real idiots here.

"Don't you dare question Cutler!!!"

pfft, whatever. :shot:

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think McCown has, will, or even could play Cutler out of a contract. But the success he is finding does raise the interesting question: is this team's offense better off with a cerebral QB who reads the schemes/defense to find open receivers, versus a gun slinging make something out of nothing type? If McCown keeps getting this kind of success I think the answer to that question is probably yes, which opens a whole new can of worms.

Cutler is playing next week so he wont be getting that chance

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler is no where near Rodgers.

You missed my point. It was you don't automatically jump on the backup players bus because he played a couple of games well. Not every backup is Tom Brady