Is Trubisky being developed with this playcalling?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
16 pass plays
7 attempts

Will this hinder his development?

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
the Favre gunslinger he aint'. I think it's good that the kid is in with the caution program.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's in a perfect situation given a great running game a solid defense and solid offense oline. Carrying the team with his arm will most likely come later in his career but I don't think it has much if anything to do with his development right now. Getting used to the game speed while not being thrown to the wolves will be instrumental in his progress.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
He was supposed to sit all year...
I would think this is developing more than if he had sat. Unless this some how ruins him for life.

Reactions: 1ke

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that the pass attempts are going so severely in the opposite direction is indicative of something - The Frisky One truly not being as ready for NFL games as his rookie compatriots at the position but having to be thrust into them because of "If I'm Lyin' I'm" Ryan Pace's incredible talent evaluation blunder on Mike "Glen or" Glennon? Trubisky showing that he is having so much trouble grasping the playbook that they're trusting him with less and less each week?

Or - most likely - Fox in desperation trying to save his job and unwilling to balance development of the quarterback with the need to win at all costs.

In any case, seven pass attempts - win or not - is indicative that something isn't working right. Bears need to figure it out and renter the modern era of football. This isn't the Forties, and this approach won't go anywhere . . .

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
15th start in his career? Perhaps slow and steady is good?
Edit: Think about it. Working on getting used to under center... Getting used to in his ear play calling, working on hand offs, but play action, etc....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The fact that the pass attempts are going so severely in the opposite direction is indicative of something - The Frisky One truly not being as ready for NFL games as his rookie compatriots at the position but having to be thrust into them because of "If I'm Lyin' I'm" Ryan Pace's incredible talent evaluation blunder on Mike "Glen or" Glennon? Trubisky showing that he is having so much trouble grasping the playbook that they're trusting him with less and less each week?

Or - most likely - Fox in desperation trying to save his job and unwilling to balance development of the quarterback with the need to win at all costs.

In any case, seven pass attempts - win or not - is indicative that something isn't working right. Bears need to figure it out and renter the modern era of football. This isn't the Forties, and this approach won't go anywhere . . .

The last 2 games scream of a guy trying to save his job.

Which is probably not the best thing for Trubisky.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is the compromise they chose to protect their investment. I think the way he's protected the ball these last 2 games will earn him more freedom as time passes. We've had leads. We're gonna run. Winning is the point, not the excuse.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Developing as a passer, not that much.

Getting better at the processes and calling plays and managing the clock, absolutely.

Also reading defenses. As he becomes more comfortable with the speed of the game and reading defenses, developing as a passer will become easier.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. He is getting game experience and game prep experience.

Then figure in just how well the D is playing and you will realize he actually has the patience to run this conservative game plan, not rush or push and play it safe BECAUSE WE HAD A LEAD AND THE D WAS KILLING IT!

let me put it this way, Grossman or Cutler lose this game when they offer up multiple INTS because they would fail to be patient, and force throws to bad WRs. There is a reason the Urlacher Bears teams never won a Superbowl and that reason was stupid QB play.

We have won the last two games, jesus christ this fan base is impatient.

napo55

Liked Posts:
People don't seem to get it. You can't develop a rookie QB when he has the worst cast of wide receivers in the NFL. They can't get open, and probably wouldn't catch the ball in the unlikely event they did get open.

That's why MT isn't able to develop. The front office failed to provide him with anything resembling even a decent bunch of receivers. Get it?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Well I don't know what Pace is gonna do but he will not develop properly without a veteran wideout. Pace needs to bring someone in who can catch 4 or 5 balls a game. Hell, I'd give Jackson and DGB a call at this rate.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The last 2 games scream of a guy trying to save his job.

Which is probably not the best thing for Trubisky.

So you think John Fox can win whenever he wants? Its like which should I do develop my quarterback or win this game? Like its one or the other? And then he orders the offensive coordinator - no passing. That will better our chances of winning?

Some of you just have this whole I want John Fox gone so bad, you just can't handle the fact that his team of coaches and players are working their tails off for him to win. Exactly what his job is here.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well I don't know what Pace is gonna do but he will not develop properly without a veteran wideout. Pace needs to bring someone in who can catch 4 or 5 balls a game. Hell, I'd give Jackson and DGB a call at this rate.

But ... But ... Pace brought in "Mucus" Wheaton . . .

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I am worried that the way they are bringing him along will make him lose his confidence. Let the kid play a little.

Reactions: Myk