Is Trubisky being developed with this playcalling?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Look at what the Chiefs are doing and what the Bears do. my god. Andy Reid is just as old as Fox but he adapts and changes and thinks and doesn't just stick to 3 stubburn football principles from a bygone era.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have been giving a lot of thought about this lately. Yes we do know our wide receivers suck.

But this is Mitch's second full season starting for a college team or better, against players and defenses he rarely had faced, who are all trying to confuse the hell out of him.

If you compare that to DeShaun Watson, who played multiple years and in championship games, Watson should be looking better than trubisky right now - way more starting experience.

That said, Mitch has the tools needed to succeed at the NFL level. However what he needs is to catch up with the speed of the game. He needs not to be thinking and for things to be automatic. That frankly is not going to happen in his rookie season.

Just the exposure and the repetition of prepping for games is benefiting him right now. Being out there and getting to see multiple defensive fronts and how quickly they scheme and move and misdirect and so on is beneficial for him.

They are essentially giving Mitch a college season's worth of free looks at NFL defenses without risking his confidence, so that he can get used to the speed of the game.

Even if the season goes the whole way like this, it still will benefit Mitch. They will then get him some wide receivers in the offseason, and he will have an entire offseason to digest what he just went through.

And then going into next season through OTAs and training camp, he will get all the Reps, he will get the timing down with his receivers, The Playbook will be opened up, and many of the offensive line penalties will be cleaned up as the line gets used to working with Mitch and can draw on this year's experience.

We rag on the play-calling but the Bears right now are winning and they are doing it by minimizing the mistakes Mitch makes. I wouldn't be surprised if they've told him to take a sack if he isn't sure he can get rid of the ball, due to the speed of the defenses. During one of his press conferences after either this game of the last one he said something that gave me the impression that this was the case.

This is not going to be a pretty season. This is what developing a rookie NFL quarterback while still trying to win looks like. And while DeShaun Watson definitely is ahead of Mitch trubisky right now, if he were the one we picked, the Bears would be doing the exact same thing with him so that is something for you to keep in mind.

I think Mitch is going to be keeper. I have seen enough of the things you cannot coach in him that tell me he is going to be awesome, once he gets up to NFL speed, and get some wide receiving help.

And that likely will not come till next year. I am expecting some improvement and some opening up of the offense during the by because they will have an extra week to get on the same page where they don't have to prepare for an opponent.

But the Mitch trubisky everyone is expecting likely will not show up until next season. And that's entirely by the Bears design. In the meantime we just need to enjoy the flashes when they present itself.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

That was a good write-up but I just disagree with the philosophy of just postponing all of this to next year. I just totally believe that they are not really "developing" Trubisky. Because what they are doing is basically throwing a kid out there to hand off the ball and take sacks. That isn't development. That is stupidity. Also, to say that the Bears are "minimalizing" his mistakes assumes that he is going to make the mistakes and that is just not been shown into evidence as yet. I say that the kid has shown himself to be smart, athletic, and makes good decisions with the ball. I think, in the last two games, that he has regressed in his progress as a quarterback because they have not let him do his job. I think that his confidence has taken a step back in that his own coaches do not trust him. That is on Fox. ANd FUCK FOX!