Is Trubisky being developed with this playcalling?

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I will say this. Having Mitch play the last two games is still a much better plan than having Glennon win those two games with the same game plan.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I see both sides of this debate being right and or wrong about certain things. I absolutely see how fans want to see Trubs throw the damn ball more and to run more pass plays period where he actually lets the ball go and can also see how him not throwing enough will slow down his development somewhat even though any time he's on that field he's developing whether he throws the ball or not. I don't think the people that think this is hurting his development is looking at the whole picture though. I think even though those people know we have a bad group of WR's that aren't getting seperation or not running the right routes or whatever it is that they still don't seem to get that in the 3-5 seconds he has to throw the ball that if nobody is open then what's he supposed to do but either try to run out of the pocket to at least throw the ball away or take the sack. When he did try to run out of the pocket he would run right into a sack cause that Carolina d-line is really good.

Lets just hope that there is a reason why they haven't let him do more with the ball so far and they'll open it up more for him as the season goes. He's gonna have to throw the ball next week against the Saints so maybe we'll see some good things from him next week that will let us take a breath and say, okay this kid is gonna be just fine and just needs some time. One good week where this kid throws for 250 yds and 2 TD's will change the way a lot of us are thinking about Trubs right now and that could be next week.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I will say this. Having Mitch play the last two games is still a much better plan than having Glennon win those two games with the same game plan.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I was for Mitch sitting more but completely agree with that element on being much better for him and the team.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
MT has played on the road vs a coach that had never lost to a rookie QB at home and against CAR, whose defense is currently ranked 3rd in yards/GM, 3 yards/gm behind league leading Den, the last 2 weeks. And in his debut, Minn, game currently ranked 4th in yrd/gm, so not exactly the teams you air it out against, esp with a lead.

Yep and this is why next weeks game will be a better game to judge J.Fox, D.Loggains and M.Trubisky on instead of judging him when he went against 3 of the better defenses in the NFL.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've seen enough idiotic coaching moves to know better than to "just be a fan". You are welcome to blindly trust a staff, but it is very naive.

The very first thing i said was that i'm not a big J.Fox fan sooooooooooooo.........................

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I didn't say they needed to pass more, I said they needed to be more effective. You can gobble up all the awful you want. I expect more. Offensive coordinators have gotten more with less. First downs sure would have been nice yesterday as the defense was out there for almost 40 minutes.

Which offensive coordinators have gotten more with less??

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
The very first thing i said was that i'm not a big J.Fox fan sooooooooooooo.........................

So we do get to question them. Soooooooooo.....

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
John Fox is the definition of mediocre. Your constant defense of him is a little concerning.

Yes, John Fox's job is to win games.

I absolutely believe he tells Loggains to not pass the ball and not take any risks. Just about every single beat guy who covers the team has echo the same thing.

So that leaves us in a bit of a situation. John Fox's goals are not neccasserily in the best interest of the team long term, Long term developing Trubisky is more important.

I don't begrudge John Fox for trying to win games and save his job. I begrudge Pace for having a coach here who is not aligned with the development of the franchise QB.

It's not mutually exclusive. We'll know more about the true agenda when we need to catch up instead of protect leads.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
All 3 errant passes?

Yep 3/7's this week. The ones last week.
Very possible it's a lack of practice throwing at the NFL level to get him used to throwing at the NFL level.

But I don't think it's doing him any worse than the sit him for a year plan. But it doesn't seem to be helping either.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Question, will the Defense, and his teammates resent Mitch, if the game plan and the season was only committed to developing Mitch, and not to winning?

Players want to win. If a single player is put above that, then the locker room will be lost.

There is entire roster, and organization outside of Mitch. These guys careers are determined by performance, and wins/losses.

THROW AWAY SEASONS DO NOT EXIST IN FOOTBALL. Careers are too short for that shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
Fox must go. Offensive coordinator too. There are simple passes that can be made. We are not even doing that.

You cannot sustain winning without some credible passing attack.

You cannot just throw fastballs (run on first and 2nd down, maybe pass on third) and not expect awful.

Let's switch to the better quarterback (Glennon to Trubisky) but totally hamstring him. Yeah, right.

(I don't post much, but when I do...)

#truth

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I didn't say they needed to pass more, I said they needed to be more effective. You can gobble up all the awful you want. I expect more. Offensive coordinators have gotten more with less. First downs sure would have been nice yesterday as the defense was out there for almost 40 minutes.

This is another thing people are overlooking. All of our run run pass punts helped put our defense on the field for 38+ minutes. Your defense gets winded, and potentially put into a position to become more susceptible to injury when they are on the field for almost 2/3 of the game. And hell, if we could have mustered a couple of first downs, Jordan Howard probably would have carried the ball 30 times. Do we want his workload to be 30+ every week? How many times did Cohen run the ball yesterday? Oh... 0. Huh.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yet supposedly the worst of them who got cut from this awful group was immediately open enough to get over a hundred yards receiving yesterday.

What we don't know is how well he was carrying out his assignments/routes and blocking. If you are serious about worrying about Mitchell's development over just winning, having the O all on the same page would be part of that. You may be arguing against yourself here.

Bearsgonewild

Liked Posts:
But as far as developing, the greats are blessed with talent, but it is their drive that pushes them to greatness. In the news, it was said that Trubisky was "pissed" about how little the offense did to help win the game. I hope that this is the smoke that shows what is burning within. Maybe this atrocious play calling will fan his flame more, just like his years spent on the bench in college.

Hoping for a big big fire.

Madden

Liked Posts:
I think it's simply playing to our strengths. Howard and Cohen = Way better than McBride and Gentry. Our run blocking = way better than our pass blocking. That plan only really works when we score first though. If we get behind by 2 or more scores then we're gonna be forced to air it out. Our defense has been able to keep us close and sometimes even give us the lead in all of Trubs starts so far. I want to see some quick passes though. We need to run slants and screens way more than we do now. Also I don't think we've run one draw play all year, which would help limit the pass rush against us.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would you risk anything with a 14 pt lead and Carolina never threatening to score? Matter of fact with our defense just dominating their offense?

It doesn't get any dumber than forcing the offense when you have a lead...

The defense appreciates that also...If you blow their 14 point lead with stupid assed mistakes that's when they get pissed. That is why they were revolting against Glennon- for pissing away winnable games-

How many times did Cutler or Grossman throw the game away with a shit pick 6 or some other idiocy?

After Trubisky took a sack and came over to the sideline pissed - Hicks comes up and pats him on the head and says something which looked to me like he is saying' we got this - don't fuck it up - play smart"

When we had to throw to win - Minny took advantage of the inexperience and picks him off on a questionable throw...

He is learning how to win- He already is learning from his mistake

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
I have been giving a lot of thought about this lately. Yes we do know our wide receivers suck.

But this is Mitch's second full season starting for a college team or better, against players and defenses he rarely had faced, who are all trying to confuse the hell out of him.

If you compare that to DeShaun Watson, who played multiple years and in championship games, Watson should be looking better than trubisky right now - way more starting experience.

That said, Mitch has the tools needed to succeed at the NFL level. However what he needs is to catch up with the speed of the game. He needs not to be thinking and for things to be automatic. That frankly is not going to happen in his rookie season.

Just the exposure and the repetition of prepping for games is benefiting him right now. Being out there and getting to see multiple defensive fronts and how quickly they scheme and move and misdirect and so on is beneficial for him.

They are essentially giving Mitch a college season's worth of free looks at NFL defenses without risking his confidence, so that he can get used to the speed of the game.

Even if the season goes the whole way like this, it still will benefit Mitch. They will then get him some wide receivers in the offseason, and he will have an entire offseason to digest what he just went through.

And then going into next season through OTAs and training camp, he will get all the Reps, he will get the timing down with his receivers, The Playbook will be opened up, and many of the offensive line penalties will be cleaned up as the line gets used to working with Mitch and can draw on this year's experience.

We rag on the play-calling but the Bears right now are winning and they are doing it by minimizing the mistakes Mitch makes. I wouldn't be surprised if they've told him to take a sack if he isn't sure he can get rid of the ball, due to the speed of the defenses. During one of his press conferences after either this game of the last one he said something that gave me the impression that this was the case.

This is not going to be a pretty season. This is what developing a rookie NFL quarterback while still trying to win looks like. And while DeShaun Watson definitely is ahead of Mitch trubisky right now, if he were the one we picked, the Bears would be doing the exact same thing with him so that is something for you to keep in mind.

I think Mitch is going to be keeper. I have seen enough of the things you cannot coach in him that tell me he is going to be awesome, once he gets up to NFL speed, and get some wide receiving help.

And that likely will not come till next year. I am expecting some improvement and some opening up of the offense during the by because they will have an extra week to get on the same page where they don't have to prepare for an opponent.

But the Mitch trubisky everyone is expecting likely will not show up until next season. And that's entirely by the Bears design. In the meantime we just need to enjoy the flashes when they present itself.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is another thing people are overlooking. All of our run run pass punts helped put our defense on the field for 38+ minutes. Your defense gets winded, and potentially put into a position to become more susceptible to injury when they are on the field for almost 2/3 of the game. And hell, if we could have mustered a couple of first downs, Jordan Howard probably would have carried the ball 30 times. Do we want his workload to be 30+ every week? How many times did Cohen run the ball yesterday? Oh... 0. Huh.

This person isn't over-looking it. I jumped all over that when someone mentioned what a good coach Fox was in that game. You are, of course, absolutely right. The Bear's offense is an abortion.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But as far as developing, the greats are blessed with talent, but it is their drive that pushes them to greatness. In the news, it was said that Trubisky was "pissed" about how little the offense did to help win the game. I hope that this is the smoke that shows what is burning within. Maybe this atrocious play calling will fan his flame more, just like his years spent on the bench in college.

Hoping for a big big fire.

Where in the news was that shown? I said in an earlier post this morning that he almost had to be greatly PISSED as a competitor. Hell, I would think that the defense has to be pissed that the offense is being so mismanaged, right?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He's got a long way to go to learn the game , good that he's in and getting #1 reps though. I don't think they will take the training wheels off until next year.

Well, that would be unfortunate if it happens. It is one thing to call what they are doing with Trubisky, putting training wheels on. But this goes way beyond that. He's still a horse tied to the hitching post:(