Is Trubisky being developed with this playcalling?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is more than a caution program. This is almost the witness protection program.

I agree. The last two games were pathetic. He is an idiot.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So you think John Fox can win whenever he wants? Its like which should I do develop my quarterback or win this game? Like its one or the other? And then he orders the offensive coordinator - no passing. That will better our chances of winning?

Some of you just have this whole I want John Fox gone so bad, you just can't handle the fact that his team of coaches and players are working their tails off for him to win. Exactly what his job is here.

JOhn Fox coached the worst game of football imaginable today. He risked a helluva lot of defensive injuries with the terrible mismanagement of play calls. Two games in a row and he refused to allow the offense to be an offense. He is a total joke as a coach.

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
I am worried that the way they are bringing him along will make him lose his confidence. Let the kid play a little.

Agree. He also said they called way more pass plays but he would pull it down. Which leads me to believe he's scared to make mistakes. How bout some high percentage completions like screens, pick plays, hell how bout a shovel pass?

Midway Monsters

Liked Posts:
JOhn Fox coached the worst game of football imaginable today. He risked a helluva lot of defensive injuries with the terrible mismanagement of play calls. Two games in a row and he refused to allow the offense to be an offense. He is a total joke as a coach.

+1. The best way to help a defense is to keep them off the field and keep them fresh. I guess he's satisfied with the offense just going three and out every possession.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I am going to answer this, even though your post doesn't make any sense.

What happened in the game:

Carolina with like an 8 minute drive resulting in a Bears 80 yard fumble recovery touchdown.

Carolina had like an 8 minute drive resulting in an 80 yard interception touchdown

Carolina had like an 8 minute drive resulting in failure to convert on 4th down on Bears 20

Bears drive the length of the field on 2 plays, Trubisky bomb and a run. Fail to get it in FG.

Bears time of possession was like 6 out of 30 minutes in the first half

Up 17-3 we ran is much as we can, running the clock with lead and protecting Trubisky against their vicious blitz

Now I don't know what you are watching.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One more thing, I can assure you Fox is much more involved with the defense than offense, that is what he is.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you think John Fox can win whenever he wants? Its like which should I do develop my quarterback or win this game? Like its one or the other? And then he orders the offensive coordinator - no passing. That will better our chances of winning?

Some of you just have this whole I want John Fox gone so bad, you just can't handle the fact that his team of coaches and players are working their tails off for him to win. Exactly what his job is here.

John Fox is the definition of mediocre. Your constant defense of him is a little concerning.

Yes, John Fox's job is to win games.

I absolutely believe he tells Loggains to not pass the ball and not take any risks. Just about every single beat guy who covers the team has echo the same thing.

So that leaves us in a bit of a situation. John Fox's goals are not neccasserily in the best interest of the team long term, Long term developing Trubisky is more important.

I don't begrudge John Fox for trying to win games and save his job. I begrudge Pace for having a coach here who is not aligned with the development of the franchise QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A coach doesn't go into a game worrying about the progression of any one player or the team. A coach goes into a game with a game plan designed to defeat that particular opponent that particular week.

The progression or development is the natural consequence of players accumulating experience in said games. What fans seem to confuse is the chicken for the egg. Wanting them to design plays with Trubiksy's development in mind is backwards. That is not how it works. They design plays to win the game until such time they are eliminated from the playoffs. It is up to Trubisky to soak it all in and develop around the core goal of winning.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky looked like he wanted to pull the trigger today and hesitated and was sacked a couple of times.

I just don't want to develop a guy who is gun shy about taking risks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A coach doesn't go into a game worrying about the progression of any one player or the team. A coach goes into a game with a game plan designed to defeat that particular opponent that particular week.

The progression or development is the natural consequence of players accumulating experience in said games. What fans seem to confuse is the chicken for the egg. Wanting them to design plays with Trubiksy's development in mind is backwards. That is not how it works. They design plays to win the game until such time they are eliminated from the playoffs. It is up to Trubisky to soak it all in and develop around the core goal of winning.

8 passes is really to few for this to be as meaningful in the process as it should be. This was a screwy game with the lack of time of possession, but still need to allow him to do a little more.

I agree a coach must coach to win games. Unfortunately I disagree with not needing to also be thinking about developing the QB.

They are not going to win many games if their QB is only capable of 4/7 for 100 yards. That requires some opportunity to advance as a passer.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
John Fox is the definition of mediocre. Your constant defense of him is a little concerning.

I absolutely believe he tells Loggains to not pass the ball and not take any risks. Just about every single beat guy who covers the team has echo the same thing.

So that leaves us in a bit of a situation. John Fox's goals are not neccasserily in the best interest of the team long term, Long term developing Trubisky is more important.

I don't begrudge John Fox for trying to win games and save his job. I begrudge Pace for having a coach here who is not aligned with the development of the franchise QB.

John Fox has a responsibility to the entire team not just Trubisky. I would never want to play for a coach who sacrifices wins and who belittles my risking my long term health out there every Sunday by playing for anything other than to win the game. Until such time that the Bears are eliminated from the playoffs, John Fox is doing what every professional athlete wants his coach to do. Play to win.

Bears fans have lost their minds. They are so enamored with potentially having a franchise QB that they would throw everyone's hard work and contributions to this team away for the sake of his development. I thank god none of you are head coaches as you would sully the profession.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
John Fox has a responsibility to the entire team not just Trubisky. I would never want to play for a coach who sacrifices wins and who belittles my risking my long term health out there every Sunday by playing for anything other than to win the game. Until such time that the Bears are eliminated from the playoffs, John Fox is doing what every professional athlete wants his coach to do. Play to win.

Bears fans are lost their minds. They are so enamored with potentially having a franchise QB that they would throw everyone's hard work and contributions to this team away for the sake of his development. I thank god none of you are head coaches as you would sully the profession.

Trubisky developing leads to more wins.

These wins are a mirage. No team can continue to take the ball away and score on defense at this rate.

Evenrtually the turnovers will regress to the mean and the lack of offense will be exposed and the losing will continue.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
8 passes is really to few for this to be as meaningful in the process as it should be. This was a screwy game with the lack of time of possession, but still need to allow him to do a little more.

I agree a coach must coach to win games. Unfortunately I disagree with not needing to also be thinking about developing the QB.

They are not going to win many games if their QB is only capable of 4/7 for 100 yards. That requires some opportunity to advance as a passer.

It is Trubiksy's responsibility to learn from the game experience. It is not the responsibility of Fox or the other 52 players on the team to forgo their desire to win or their goals simply to artificially develop Trubisky.

This is a team sport not tennis. Trubisky will develop in the context of the coaches doing what they think is necessary for them to win. Period. If you want to argue throwing the ball 30-40 times against 3 top defenses was the best chance of winning then be my guest. If you want us to throw not because it increases our chances of winning but because it is best for Trubisky's development then you have lost your way.

We will likely pass more against teams it makes sense to pass more against such as the Saints, Browns, etc. I have no problem with winning 2 out of 3 from the Vikings, Ravens, and Panthers by focusing on running and defense.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

These wins are a mirage. No team can continue to take the ball away and score on defense at this rate.

Evenrtually the turnovers will regress to the mean and the lack of offense will be exposed and the losing will continue.

Lol, wins and progression in the NFL are not linear. A win is a win. The Bears earned those wins period. And the defenses Trubisky faces will be different and generally not as good as the ones he faced thus far.

There is nothing wrong with passing 15 times against the Panthers D then next week passing 25-30 times against the Saints. What dictates things is matchups not meatball fans illusions about QB development and progression.

It's like you guys have lost all perspective on the fact matchups and circumstances dictate the flow of the game. The Bears will have Trubiksy throw it more when it is necessary. Not to merely accumulate some arbitrary number of passes in a game to satisfy message board posters ideas of what is necessary for QB development.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What's concerning is you can't complete a post without saying fire Fox regardless of what is going on. There are many here that see how hard this team is successfully playing to win. You are missing this.

Beat writers know shit. I remember Curtis Conway getting injured and knowing for a fact that he was out 6 to 8 weeks. Every week starting week 2 the beat writers said they heard there is a good chance he plays this week when everyone in the know knew it was 6 weeks away. I stood next to him at closed practices, never stepped onto the field, not even involved. They know nothing.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Correct.
Smoke & mirrors.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol, wins and progression in the NFL are not linear. A win is a win. The Bears earned those wins period. And the defenses Trubisky faces will be different and generally not as good as the ones he faced thus far.

There is nothing wrong with passing 15 times against the Panthers D then next week passing 25-30 times against the Saints. What dictates things is matchups not meatball fans illusions about QB development and progression.

Meatballs are the ones that only focus on one week and celebrate the fact that they made a couple plays, that won't happen every week, and won the game.

Trubisky's development is key to winning in weeks 11-17 when the defense gets off of this torrid pace of scoring.

The Bears may throw 25 times against the Saints, but I don't think it will be because of the matchup and more because the defense won't provide free points.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What's concerning is you can't complete a post without saying fire Fox regardless of what is going on. There are many here that see how hard this team is successfully playing to win. You are missing this.

Beat writers know shit. I remember Curtis Conway getting injured and knowing for a fact that he was out 6 to 8 weeks. Every week starting week 2 the beat writers said they heard there is a good chance he plays this week when everyone in the know knew it was 6 weeks away. I stood next to him at closed practices, never stepped onto the field, not even involved. They know nothing.

I see the wins. I like how hard the team is playing.

I also realize this is smoke and mirrors and it cannot last.

So when I see a team capable of winning a game when they don't have 3 turnovers and 14 defensive points I will let you know about my excitement.

This is like when you hit black jack twice in a row. You know that the hot streak is ending, and ending soon.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I will also point out, we passed 25 times against the Vikings. Not because they felt better about that matchup but because the circumstances dictated it. The game was much closer and the Bears were never out in front significantly enough to play it say.

The lack of passes the past two games has nothing to do with the offense regressing or any such nonsense. It has to do with the Bears building 2 score leads and the focus being on protecting the game. The fact Trubisky unlike his predecessors did so and didn't get stupid like Cutler or some Bears fans would because they just have to make a flashy play bodes well for his future.

This is exactly why he only had 6 interceptions at Carolina. He generally wasn't stupid enough to play outside of what the game circumstances dictated. That's as valuable a lesson to develop as a young QB as any.