My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Not sure how it would be any different than any other day from the past month. Way i see things there's 2 camps of people. There's the emotional side that get that way after any loss and there's the rationale cold side. I can't speak for others but if the cubs lose today and presumably lose the division I'm not going to have a melt down. I'll be disappointed but from my standpoint, MIL has lived a charmed life where lots went right. Obviously they made some of their own luck playing well but in the last week they've won a game where the game tying run fell down on the way to home and another game where a home run bounced off a defenders glove over the fence. You contrast that story with the one the cubs have dealt with the past couple of months and it's polar opposites. Cubs have had a slew of high profile injuries. The league and weather have screwed them over. And throughout all of that it has taken the final game of the season for both teams and possible a 163rd game for the cubs to relinquish the division lead.

So, from my standpoint anyways if the cubs don't win the division it just wasn't meant to be. There aren't many things I could realistically suggest going worse. I mean maybe you argue they could have had even more guys get hurt but they lost the guy who was supposed to be their staff ace for the season in like june. They lost their closer also around midseason. They lost their MVP caliber 3B for half a season. Most teams that have that sort of gut punch end up like Washington did this year as a playoff contender who's done by the trade deadline. It's a testament to this team that they are not only the best record in the NL but still battling for a division title having dealt with all of that.
Stop making sense

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Speaking of living a charmed season....

On the season he's the highest HR/FB rate in baseball at 35%. #2 is JD Martinez at 29%

I think Braun must be sharing his “salsa” (to use Carpenter’s terminology). ?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If the Cubs end up losing the division by 1 game, the only thing to look back at and point to where they lost it is...

Sept 3-5 and Sept 10-12

6 games against Milwaukee and they lost 4 of them

They win 1 more and split those 6 games, today doesn't matter

The 30 days, the rainouts, Brewers Luck, all the excuses/reasons doesnt matter

As far as today goes, i want to see the bats come out and look like they have a pulse and make things happen ..

I actually think Detroit might steal one today

There are many losses in a baseball season and it’s wise to not look back at any of them. (Though the Brewers win Friday on a HE that was in the RF’s glove is hard to ignore today.)

But as has been said, there is no reason for the doom and gloom. The Cubs may be division champs four hours from now.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Not sure how it would be any different than any other day from the past month. Way i see things there's 2 camps of people. There's the emotional side that get that way after any loss and there's the rationale cold side. I can't speak for others but if the cubs lose today and presumably lose the division I'm not going to have a melt down. I'll be disappointed but from my standpoint, MIL has lived a charmed life where lots went right. Obviously they made some of their own luck playing well but in the last week they've won a game where the game tying run fell down on the way to home and another game where a home run bounced off a defenders glove over the fence. You contrast that story with the one the cubs have dealt with the past couple of months and it's polar opposites. Cubs have had a slew of high profile injuries. The league and weather have screwed them over. And throughout all of that it has taken the final game of the season for both teams and possible a 163rd game for the cubs to relinquish the division lead.

So, from my standpoint anyways if the cubs don't win the division it just wasn't meant to be. There aren't many things I could realistically suggest going worse. I mean maybe you argue they could have had even more guys get hurt but they lost the guy who was supposed to be their staff ace for the season in like june. They lost their closer also around midseason. They lost their MVP caliber 3B for half a season. Most teams that have that sort of gut punch end up like Washington did this year as a playoff contender who's done by the trade deadline. It's a testament to this team that they are not only the best record in the NL but still battling for a division title having dealt with all of that.
Fire Crazy Joe!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Kinda prefer they just lose today and play on Tuesday over playing today tomorrow and possibly Tuesday

Rather they get at least 2 days off this week before Thursday over just 1 day

greg23

Liked Posts:
9 mins into the game

Cubs losing
Brewers winning
Rockies and dodgers both winning

Mil will win by double digits

At this point a day off may be better than game 163 tomorrow

chibears55

Liked Posts:
9 mins into the game

Cubs losing
Brewers winning
Rockies and dodgers both winning

Mil will win by double digits

At this point a day off may be better than game 163 tomorrow
Then an inconsistent offense and Q on Tuesday with the pen..

Hard to get excited for that WC game

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't wait for the meltdown in here if the Cubs lose today.

Yeah it sucks! But the Bears 48-10 blowout win and Tribs 6 td passes keeps me excited for Chi town sports and already know the Bulls and Blackhawks suck so when they lose I'm not surprised there.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
God mccarver is insufferable. When Rizzo roped that double he was bitching about Rizzo showing emotion after it.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
4 run inning is a confident booster for this team! Ok lets now put the Cards away!

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
If the Cubs end up losing the division by 1 game, the only thing to look back at and point to where they lost it is...

Sept 3-5 and Sept 10-12

6 games against Milwaukee and they lost 4 of them

They win 1 more and split those 6 games, today doesn't matter

The 30 days, the rainouts, Brewers Luck, all the excuses/reasons doesnt matter

As far as today goes, i want to see the bats come out and look like they have a pulse and make things happen ..

I actually think Detroit might steal one today

Does not matter against milwaukee or against the tigers or giants Marilns. All year we have be scolded about complaining about a stupid move in one game, or the give up, put it behind you and play tomorrow montra. One or two games any time would have been enough.

This team does not go for the jugular when they can sweep a series, just happy with a series win.

All those no problem posts, look how far ahead we are in the loss column bullshit.

All the games in hand bullshit. Guess what, the 4 extra games ended up losses.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It will be lester on Tuesday not quintana
Yea...
Heard it mentioned the other day, they must of been talking about If they play on Monday that it would be Q.
i thought they were talking about the WC game..

Need the bats, good to see they had a big inning here, need to keep it going

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I only have fox sports midwest with my cable package(i'm closer to stl than chicago). I'd have to pay a bunch more to get nbc sports.
Ah. I wondered. I have both. McCarver is one of the worst.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Can the cubs loan the tigers some runs? That's how baseball works right?