IST: Cubs @ Cardinals

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Good thing all the infielders are surrounding Yadi. That ought to help.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
C'mon Morrow. Get it together.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Typical crybaby cardinals.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Worst fundamental team in baseball.

Getting by on talent, but they do everything wrong, fundamentally, starting with the manager.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Cards' six runs have been due entirely to walks, HBP, errors, misplayed fly balls.

Six, soon to be seven.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I'm well aware that those were the first runs given up by Morrow all year and that no closers are perfect. But I was never a fan of Morrow as a closer and it really fucking hurts to blow the save after a 3 game losing streak.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Bryant not tagging up is looking like a big mistake right about now.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Let's win this fucking game.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
In the 8th? No chance.

That is ALL on Rizzo. Two games in a row, Bryant on 2nd, late, with nobody out. Rizzo does not even consider trying to move him over. Cost us a run last night, and we lost by one.

Cost us a run today, and we're in extra innings.

He has talent, but he doesn't play fundamentally the way we need him to. Seems nonchalant ever since the WS. Those runs he gave no thought to were HUGE. HUGE! But he doesn't think that way.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm well aware that those were the first runs given up by Morrow all year and that no closers are perfect. But I was never a fan of Morrow as a closer and it really fucking hurts to blow the save after a 3 game losing streak.

It's tough, because a closer has to be perfect to not get criticized. But walking people with a two run lead?? Inexcusable.

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
In the 8th? No chance.

That is ALL on Rizzo. Two games in a row, Bryant on 2nd, late, with nobody out. Rizzo does not even consider trying to move him over. Cost us a run last night, and we lost by one.

He has talent, but he doesn't play fundamentally the way we need him to. Seems nonchalant ever since the WS. Those runs he gave no thought to were HUGE. HUGE! But he doesn't think that way.

If you say so.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
In the 8th? No chance.

There definitely does seem to be a attitude change with him and others post-WS. I know some will say I'm being too hard on him but I started looking at Rizzo differently after that "respect me" nonsense in the playoffs last year. I have not had good experience with people who take about respect or lack there of ha. That being said, he's obviously a tremendously talented player and he will turn it around this season.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
It's tough, because a closer has to be perfect to not get criticized. But walking people with a two run lead?? Inexcusable.

Well said.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This one is on Chatwood, Morrow fucked it up but this game should never have been in a save situation

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Worst fundamental team in baseball.

Getting by on talent, but they do everything wrong, fundamentally, starting with the manager.

This is demonstrably and laughably false. Emo more.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This one is on Chatwood, Morrow fucked it up but this game should never have been in a save situation

Rizzo should have went to first. Russell should have caught the ball. Morrow walked guys. Zobrist couldnt pick up Ozuna ball. It was a group effort.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

An error and a dropped fly ball didn't help him. But he did have a walk and HBP in the inning.