IST: Cubs @ Cardinals

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Sorry guys but i just dont see it with this group..

Same excuses of wait til it get warm, etc etc etc..
Their not young anymore , theyve been playing together in MLB since 2015 n 2016 and have tons of experience under their belt with playoffs..

Cant keep giving excuses and cant keep saying itll be better with this group..

Just see too many holes with this lineup..

The outfield situation is a joke...

LFer who iffy defensively and really hasnt turned the corner offensively..
He basically a .250 hitter with power that goes through long stretches of struggles..

They have no clear Centerfielder
Almora..defensive but they barely play
Happ.. project who below average defense and is a hack at the plate

RF.. all glove and garbage with the bat.. this is year 3 now and he still garbage.. 21 for last 95
I dont care what his high tech stats say, bottom line he makes outs 77-78% of the time...

Plus..
I see this team as to laid back when it comes to getting pissed off or mad at what going on..
They go out there and act like theyll win on talent alone and don't need to do whatever it takes to win ballgames..
Too lackadaisical

Starts with the manager who too laid back and excuses bad performances.
Love to see or hear that he got pissed off and ranted in the locker room or just simply hold these guys accountable for playing like crap..

Then players.. be nice to see or hear that one or more of them got pissed off and ranted in the locker room..
Somebody needs to step up and be that guy, need to light a fire under all their asses..

Ok..
I ranted...

Ill just wait and see how May of 2018 plays out , so far it sucks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is demonstrably and laughably false. Emo more.

Well.......move a runner along and you're at worst 1-1 in this series, which is a TWO game difference at season's end. Possibly 2-0. Little things are huge, and we don't do them. This offense should not struggle as they did all week last week. And defensively, we gave away a game once we finally had some offense.

They should be at the 100 win mark, and were 7 short last year after sleepwalking for three months.

No such leeway this year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Seeing Yadi take a ball to the nuts at least assured the day wasn't a total waste. :)

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So much for that 5 game win streak...

Need more games against the Brewers
7 and 1 against them
9 and 13 everyone else

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Pro Tip: when cubs got you down do what i do. Watch the minor league box scores. Matt Swarmer is pitching tonight and is pretty intriguing. Through 4 tonight he has 31 k's in 24.2 IP(11.31 k/9) and 3 walks(1.13 bb/9 LOLZ). He's a little old for A+ at 24 but might be a name we see pop into the top 30 list come midseason.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sorry guys but i just dont see it with this group..

Same excuses of wait til it get warm, etc etc etc..
Their not young anymore , theyve been playing together in MLB since 2015 n 2016 and have tons of experience under their belt with playoffs..

Cant keep giving excuses and cant keep saying itll be better with this group..

Just see too many holes with this lineup..

The outfield situation is a joke...

LFer who iffy defensively and really hasnt turned the corner offensively..
He basically a .250 hitter with power that goes through long stretches of struggles..

They have no clear Centerfielder
Almora..defensive but they barely play
Happ.. project who below average defense and is a hack at the plate

RF.. all glove and garbage with the bat.. this is year 3 now and he still garbage.. 21 for last 95
I dont care what his high tech stats say, bottom line he makes outs 77-78% of the time...

Plus..
I see this team as to laid back when it comes to getting pissed off or mad at what going on..
They go out there and act like theyll win on talent alone and don't need to do whatever it takes to win ballgames..
Too lackadaisical

Starts with the manager who too laid back and excuses bad performances.
Love to see or hear that he got pissed off and ranted in the locker room or just simply hold these guys accountable for playing like crap..

Then players.. be nice to see or hear that one or more of them got pissed off and ranted in the locker room..
Somebody needs to step up and be that guy, need to light a fire under all their asses..

Ok..
I ranted...

Ill just wait and see how May of 2018 plays out , so far it sucks

Are you talking about the same group who has been to three straight NLCS and has won a world series? Good lord dude. I would hate to see you at little league baseball games.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Are you talking about the same group who has been to three straight NLCS and has won a world series? Good lord dude. I would hate to see you at little league baseball games.
Not quite the same group though is it..

Missing a few key players

Thanks Go Cubs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Pro Tip: when cubs got you down do what i do. Watch the minor league box scores. Matt Swarmer is pitching tonight and is pretty intriguing. Through 4 tonight he has 31 k's in 24.2 IP(11.31 k/9) and 3 walks(1.13 bb/9 LOLZ). He's a little old for A+ at 24 but might be a name we see pop into the top 30 list come midseason.

Alozay tonight in Iowa.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not quite the same group though is it..

Missing a few key players

Thanks Go Cubs

Fowler was a major piece. They really have struggled at the top after.

Honestly they do need a full time lead off. I see a big part of the issue starting there.

So if they did go into the market later year I could see a lead off as the main target. If Smyly is ready I see him filling the 2nd main issue. Primary lefty in the pen. That role is very iffy right now.

The rest honest will work itself out. Players go through slumps then they get hot. They were clicking before this slump and it is more when vs if it heats up.

But that doesn’t change the fact that they need a every day lead off. I’m at the point that you think Happ and Russell for a legit one and start Baez every day. They have been pushing Bote at SS (was drafted as a SS) so you have to think that they may have been seeing what options that they have if they go that direction.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Minor league starters tonight

ODLC - 5.2 2 hits 3 walks 10 k's 0 er
Swarmer - 6.2 4 hits 0 walks 0 er 7 k's
Alzolay - 4.2 8 hits 3 er 1 walk 3 k
Little - 4(still in game) 7 hits 4 er 1 walk 5 k

I *think* that's improvement for little. He's still not pitching like a 1st round pick should but his last 3 starts the k's are up and the bb are down.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm on the fence with De La Cruz.

4.0 IP : 5 ER
2 IP 6 ER
6 IP 0 ER
2.2 IP 5 ER
7 IP 2 ER
5.2 IP 0 ER

There is like no middle ground. Which tells me he lacks a b game right now. If he is off he is in the toilet. On those kids are getting smoked.

Alzolay must have had a off game.

But:
6 IP 1 ER
4 IP 3 ER
7 IP 0 ER
4.2 IP 3 ER

He is dominate 50% other 50% a BOR. I would say that he is more advanced than De La Cruz but as far as domanance De La Cruz is a monster. Looks like Lee Smith out there.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Looks like Cards pitchers are going to have to actually hit the strike zone to get all those strike calls now:

Yadi had surgery, and he and his sack are out for a month.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

chibears55

Liked Posts:
When did you become the official President of the Almora fan club? Every day you are lapping this kid's labia
Always liked the kid..
Just wish theyd just give him a real opportunity to play everyday and see what he can actually do..

His defense in itself should have him out there every game and he hitting much better against RHers..
I just dont get why they wont play him

Happ and Heyward not excactly lighting in up to justify keeping him on the bench

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Always liked the kid..
Just wish theyd just give him a real opportunity to play everyday and see what he can actually do..

His defense in itself should have him out there every game and he hitting much better against RHers..
I just dont get why they wont play him

Happ and Heyward not excactly lighting in up to justify keeping him on the bench

I always come back to thinking TB. They are not bad at all right now with their OF situation. But they are 3 deep in their rotation right now. Cubs have Alozay with no open spot. So you could argue a trade for K..K. For him. Mallex Smith Has pretty much taken CF and fits their budget.

Now that brings up a question of value but Cubs are not in a spot to create a rotation spot and can take on pay roll. Rays need to shed. (Pro-rate of corse due to injury). Sure you could go either way here on value. But sense there could be arguement then the value does seem close.

Happ at that point becomes another chip as his future is sealed. Almora’s D will always hold value.

To add:

Right now with De La Cruz back on track and a year behind Alozay it does open up Alzolay up for trade more than before. ODLC has a big 6’4” frame and could fit into a set up/closer role with his stuff. If that ends up being the easiest path to the majors here. His stuff will play either way regardless.

I just see it as a time issue. They invested into Morrow and Chattwood and blocked a short term arm’s path outside of middle relief. ODLC is 1-2 years out so that gives the advantage of time where he would fit better into the long term as contract sheds.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I always come back to thinking TB. They are not bad at all right now with their OF situation. But they are 3 deep in their rotation right now. Cubs have Alozay with no open spot. So you could argue a trade for K..K. For him. Mallex Smith Has pretty much taken CF and fits their budget.

Now that brings up a question of value but Cubs are not in a spot to create a rotation spot and can take on pay roll. Rays need to shed. (Pro-rate of corse due to injury). Sure you could go either way here on value. But sense there could be arguement then the value does seem close.

Happ at that point becomes another chip as his future is sealed. Almora’s D will always hold value.

To add:

Right now with De La Cruz back on track and a year behind Alozay it does open up Alzolay up for trade more than before. ODLC has a big 6’4” frame and could fit into a set up/closer role with his stuff. If that ends up being the easiest path to the majors here. His stuff will play either way regardless.

I just see it as a time issue. They invested into Morrow and Chattwood and blocked a short term arm’s path outside of middle relief. ODLC is 1-2 years out so that gives the advantage of time where he would fit better into the long term as contract sheds.

I don't understand why you keep pushing this KK trade. The guy has been hurt each of the past 3 years, makes substantially more money than almora and is only a 105 wRC+ career hitter. He's not an upgrade over Almora. He's a side grade if anything and I'd argue he's a down grade. His best two seasons he hit .263/.298/.420 and .246/.331/.410. Almora is a career .290/.330/.440 hitter and his defense this year has been just as good as KK.

The "issue" with Almora isn't lack of space to play him. Maddon could start him every day in CF if he wanted especially given Happ's struggles. But that's not how Maddon manages. He keeps everyone involved to limit wear and tear on guys early in a season. And frankly, if that's the way you're going to manage, having a bunch of guys with big splits is probably desirable. It allows you to match guys up naturally.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The runner on 2nd with nobody out did not score - again.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It might help if the Cards pitchers actually had to throw pitches IN the zone to get called strikes, but, yeah, that was bad.

Has Rizzo had a hit with men in scoring position this season?