IST: Cubs vs Cards

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Theo is following in his own footsteps from his days in Boston...with 1 less ws title.... his fa signings are about as awful here as they were there...when he gets money to spend he's a below avg gm.

The pluses were lester and I guess heyward just for his speech and defense

His minuses are too long to list; heck even his bargain basement signings this offseason were awful (descalso, brach,etc)

Zobrist was his biggest plus with the over rated Lester, 2015, 2016. Thats a long drought.

Kimbrel was just the result of poor decisions with Morrow over Davis. I dont have alot of problem with Kimbrel the closer. I have said it before, he is not all in for holds, this genius manager has yet to figure it out.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zobrist was his biggest plus with the over rated Lester, 2015, 2016. Thats a long drought.

Kimbrel was just the result of poor decisions with Morrow over Davis. I dont have alot of problem with Kimbrel the closer. I have said it before, he is not all in for holds, this genius manager has yet to figure it out.
Yes, he wasnt all in on a hold in one of the most important games of the year. He just waltzed out there and said, "Hey, not a save situation. Only going to give it 80%."

Do you actually believe the shit you spew?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yes, he wasnt all in on a hold in one of the most important games of the year. He just waltzed out there and said, "Hey, not a save situation. Only going to give it 80%."

I'm thinking that he is returning semi injured due to the urgency. When I'm seeing Rizzo and Baez in the game after their injuries they are playing less than 100% right now.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I was pretty shocked to see Baez in at all to be honest. So it just tells me that this is it in their view point. They have a off season to fix the bo-bo's.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was pretty shocked to see Baez in at all to be honest. So it just tells me that this is it in their view point. They have a off season to fix the bo-bo's.
It seems Baez only issue is opening and closing the glove. It gives him pain. Maddon said when he bats its not much. Its just really the glove. He wants to play. He wanted to pinch run Wednesday.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I believe in results, and the shit show that Kimbrel has been has all been in non save situations. Do some research if you dont believe the eye test.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I believe in results, and the shit show that Kimbrel has been has all been in non save situations. Do some research if you dont believe the eye test.
You believe in results? It was a tie game and your results are saying dont bring in your closer? So, if the Cubs had a 1 run lead. They should have brought him in. But, since, the game was in extras and there is no possible chance of a save situation. You believe they shouldnt have pitched their CLOSER? Do you even read what you type?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I was driving last night listeining on the rdio. Did Baez have a protective mitten covering that hand?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels

Fans BEGGED them to sign a relief pitcher. Theo went out and got the best arm available before the deadline with Kimbrel. Can't fault him for that. It hasn't worked out for the most part. And I agree, look at the splits with Kimbrel as a closer vs. non closer situations. Not good.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It seems Baez only issue is opening and closing the glove. It gives him pain. Maddon said when he bats its not much. Its just really the glove. He wants to play. He wanted to pinch run Wednesday.

yeah, think they mentioned it on the broadcast that he can't close his hand. Gotta imagine if the Cubs really need him next weekend he will play.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
EE6ou_pXoAMVjdE

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Alec Mills. lol

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Fans BEGGED them to sign a relief pitcher. Theo went out and got the best arm available before the deadline with Kimbrel. Can't fault him for that. It hasn't worked out for the most part. And I agree, look at the splits with Kimbrel as a closer vs. non closer situations. Not good.
This might be news to you, but Theo gives less than a half a cunt hair of a fuck what fans are begging for, but Closer is what Kimbrel signed up for.

DB012031

Liked Posts:

People also forget, its not like we had Kimbrel all year. We didn't sign him until June so he has played half a season and we don't know what kind of workout schedule he was on previous to signing. He was prepared to sit out the entire year. Had he been signed in the off season and had gone through a proper workout regiment, I think we see a different guy. Nothing can replace live game situations.

People keep bashing Theo but he went out and got the best closer on the Market, which is what every one wanted. It hasn't worked out to fans expectations but take a look at almost every elite closer: on cue they are almost all shit in non-save situations. I don't know if its mental or a change in pitch selecting but its not just Kimbrel. Check the league numbers.

Bull Pen was the best in baseball for the month of September (its been mentioned multiple times the last couple of games). The biggest issue with the Pen, IMO, is not talent, it's been miss use on Joe's part. Bringing guys at the wrong time, leaving them in too long, not leaving them in long enough. Chatwood is a perfect example.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People also forget, its not like we had Kimbrel all year. We didn't sign him until June so he has played half a season and we don't know what kind of workout schedule he was on previous to signing. He was prepared to sit out the entire year. Had he been signed in the off season and had gone through a proper workout regiment, I think we see a different guy. Nothing can replace live game situations.

People keep bashing Theo but he went out and got the best closer on the Market, which is what every one wanted. It hasn't worked out to fans expectations but take a look at almost every elite closer: on cue they are almost all shit in non-save situations. I don't know if its mental or a change in pitch selecting but its not just Kimbrel. Check the league numbers.

Bull Pen was the best in baseball for the month of September (its been mentioned multiple times the last couple of games). The biggest issue with the Pen, IMO, is not talent, it's been miss use on Joe's part. Bringing guys at the wrong time, leaving them in too long, not leaving them in long enough. Chatwood is a perfect example.

Bullpen has been better in September, no doubt. But I think of the 20+ games where the Cubs have had the lead or been tied in the 7th or later and have lost. I'd take 6 of those back if I could.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This might be news to you, but Theo gives less than a half a cunt hair of a fuck what fans are begging for, but Closer is what Kimbrel signed up for.
No shit. Theo isn't listening to the fans. I'm just saying a lot of us begged for Kimbrel.