IST: Cubs vs Dodgers

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
apparently chili needs to call more hitter only meetings...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Arrenado would be the only guy able to play third like Baez. He has exceeded my expectations up the middle. His natural twitch is special. While watching the video, has anyone seen Baez not throw a perfect throw on relay everytime. His throws are bad when he has time to think in the infield, but I cant remember him butchering a relay throw. I would assume the speed and thrill make him at his best.

3B tends to be more reactionary than SS and 2B. SS is where he makes his most mistakes on the routine. If you did a 162 game D test on Bryant and Baez I doubt Bryant wins that contest.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wonder if these umpires know how stupid they look going through their big act of ringing someone up on a pitch 6 inches off the ground....meh, probably too arrogant to care.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Know most people don't follow minors like I do but figure this might interest people. Nico Hoerner debuted with Mesa tonight and went 2-3 with a double a triple a walk and 3 runs. Brennen Davis also debuted and he went 2-3 with a sb a walk and a k.

czman

Liked Posts:
Know most people don't follow minors like I do but figure this might interest people. Nico Hoerner debuted with Mesa tonight and went 2-3 with a double a triple a walk and 3 runs. Brennen Davis also debuted and he went 2-3 with a sb a walk and a k.

Not sure why that isn't in the farm system thread.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Is Jon Lester quietly having a CyYoung season
00c432217399fadbf8efaa6500dc50d1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Is Jon Lester quietly having a CyYoung season
00c432217399fadbf8efaa6500dc50d1.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I was having this discussion last night. Guy has been pretty amazing so far.

Scherzer’s leading the league in SO’s, 3rd in WHIP and has a better ERA (2.04).
DeGrom is having an amazing ~first half on an awful team.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He is in the convo but I see him battling for 2nd place votes with DeGromm

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Let's see....overused pen, best pitcher on mound. Had an extra day of rest after his long outing.

Let's remove him after five innings and 82 pitches.

There was one pitch he threw in the fourth inning, the ball flung two feet outside, he immediately looked in the dugout and pointed to his left shoulder. He stretched his arm a few times, missed on the next two pitches, eventually came back. Now, yes, it could have been him looking in at Hickey and thinking about mechanics, but he also might have tweaked something. We all know Lester and his hard head pride, but also may have been taken out by necessity, you know, with all this cy young talk.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
#Cubs with 15 doubles, 5 triples & 15 home runs before the All-Star Break
(since All-Star Game began in 1933)

1958 Ernie Banks
1962 Billy Williams
2018 Javier Báez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CubsFaninMN

Liked Posts:
Yep, and according to the Cubs broadcast team last night, Javy now trails just Ryno for number of RBIs by a Cubs second baseman prior to the ASB.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
#Cubs with 15 doubles, 5 triples & 15 home runs before the All-Star Break
(since All-Star Game began in 1933)

1958 Ernie Banks
1962 Billy Williams
2018 Javier Báez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, he is Manny Ramirez when he lays off the low and outside pitch. Too bad they cant lock him up before Arbitration this winter.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yep, he is Manny Ramirez when he lays off the low and outside pitch. Too bad they cant lock him up before Arbitration this winter.

Wish people would stop with the Manny crap. Manny ran a .411 career OBA. so saying Bryant is Manny like is somewhat understandable with their abilities.

Javy is closer to Soriano hitting wise. .319 career OBA but both can light up and carry their teams.

That is a fair Comp

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

because no one talks there. I mean seriously it's basically me CSF77 and occasionally one other person will show up.

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
Wish people would stop with the Manny crap. Manny ran a .411 career OBA. so saying Bryant is Manny like is somewhat understandable with their abilities.

Javy is closer to Soriano hitting wise. .319 career OBA but both can light up and carry their teams.

That is a fair Comp

I was just having this discussion the other day with a buddy. Javy reminds me a lot of Soriano. When they get hot, they are the best hitters in the ballpark. When they get cold, it can get really ugly. The plus side is, Javy doesn't have to be the best hitter in this lineup, whereas Soriano was paid to be THE GUY (along with Derrick Lee and A-Ram) way back when

CSF77

Liked Posts:
because no one talks there. I mean seriously it's basically me CSF77 and occasionally one other person will show up.

It kinda died off with the talent.

Might be a good idea to do week by week highlights. Cubs den does a nice day by day

But I believe most Cubs fans are trained by the old admins to ignore the farm because it sucked for so long. Theo came in and changed the tone where the fans started to understand that it is a important aspect of the game. And we see the results on the field.

But the gears have changed are I believe they are more so drafting support types vs core types right now. Yes a guy like Lange might replace Hendricks in the rotation in a few years. ‘Calling it here first. ‘

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is a fair Comp

Offensively. Defensively, they're not in the same hemisphere. Soriano was a bad infielder who was moved to the OF....he was a bit better out there. Baez excels wherever they have put him on defense.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
It kinda died off with the talent.

Might be a good idea to do week by week highlights. Cubs den does a nice day by day

But I believe most Cubs fans are trained by the old admins to ignore the farm because it sucked for so long. Theo came in and changed the tone where the fans started to understand that it is a important aspect of the game. And we see the results on the field.

But the gears have changed are I believe they are more so drafting support types vs core types right now. Yes a guy like Lange might replace Hendricks in the rotation in a few years. ‘Calling it here first. ‘

There's a lot more talent in it than people realize. Obviously you know how I feel about lots of guys given you read the stuff I write there but their pitching is so deep right now. The number of starters they have in the minors who are 4:1 or 5:1 k:bb ratio is rather staggering. Hitting is fairly weak at A+ and above but there are some really fun players to watch at A and below.

The way I handle tough losses is the cubs always play 7-8 games a day. Chances are one of the teams will give you something to smile about.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Considering how many times you post in this forum, not sure why that would be a problem for you.