IST: Cubs VS Rockies Discussion Thread

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Thats a nice way to come back from a bad game. Going to be some growing pains but he just showed he has special power.

His line out to the track with the bases loaded showed it earlier. He sort of flicked at the ball and hit it deep to the opposite field.

And now the HR in the same direction. Shows power way beyond the ball pulled to left or hit dead away.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rox say that went 414 feet.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Villanueva is in, so Javy and his teammates may get more AB's tonight.

If he can hold them to one run.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
His line out to the track with the bases loaded showed it earlier. He sort of flicked at the ball and hit it deep to the opposite field.

And now the HR in the same direction. Shows power way beyond the ball pulled to left or hit dead away.
Lol.. imagine all the balls flying out of WF with the wind blowing out

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Well, since the wind blows out approximately 1/20th of what some fans think......

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Rox say that went 414 feet.

When you pull a ball 414 feet, that's good.

When you hit it straight away 414 feet, that's really good.

When you hit it opposite field 414 feet? Big time power.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't know if Beane said that or not, but I believe he did say that he compared him as being one of the best three coachable prospects he has ever had. The other two being Miguel Tejada and Eric Chavez.

Still not bad company. Lets hope he pans out like any of those guys did.

The reports were after the deal was done he told Theo "you just got barry larkin."

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The only guy that basically nailed his night hours prior.....thank you and thank you :cubstroll:

I was thinking 0-4 with 3 SO. Didn't think it would go xtra frames. All I have to say seeing 0 for was a non shocker. And his blast was pretty non shocking. I'm expecting more 1 for 4 with 3 punch outs and a blast for some time now. I wouldn't expect him to start to become a adjusted player until next year.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I heard from a knowledgable Cub Fan/Baseball Fan/HS Coach that it was a bad swing on the homer

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard from a knowledgable Cub Fan/Baseball Fan/HS Coach that it was a bad swing on the homer
I think most of Baez's swing is actually poor technique wise, at least that it was I have heard from others that are better at this than me. His bat speed is just so ridiculous it makes up for the inefficiencies in his swing.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think most of Baez's swing is actually poor technique wise, at least that it was I have heard from others that are better at this than me. His bat speed is just so ridiculous it makes up for the inefficiencies in his swing.

I too am no amateur expert at the swing either, but if it is bad, speed will not make up for it. He's going to need to learn to correct it or else he's going to have an extremely difficult time keeping a job.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I too am no amateur expert at the swing either, but if it is bad, speed will not make up for it. He's going to need to learn to correct it or else he's going to have an extremely difficult time keeping a job.
Elite hand speed can make up for a lot. That said Baez might always be low average/high slug guy given his contact issues.