IST: San Diego Padres at Chicago Cubs (July 22-24)

How many games do the Cubs win?

• Who cares?

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • No really who cares?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seriously it matters if this team wins 60 or 70 games?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You suck

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Wood is just not a good pitcher. He was incredibly lucky last year with a .248 BABIP. Jackson has been the most unlucky pitcher in baseball. His BABIP is .345. I think he's worth holding onto to see if that regresses to the mean, considering that he won't net us jack shit.

Wood was lucky to get people out, while Jackson was unlucky because he couldn't.

Damn billy goats!

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter how Edwin Jackson pitched this year or last year, fans were going to find a reason to complain regardless and fans would have said "he was overpaid" no matter what. He could have a 2.00 ERA and people would still say he is a 4 or 5. Also, I believe at the time Jackson was signed he was also the best pitcher available because Anibal Sanchez signed with the Tigers (I think the Cubs offered Sanchez more money than the Tigers???)

Jackson was already picked as the scapegoat from the moment the Cubs signed him.

Yeah he has struggled and always seems to have that one bad inning but I don't get how people can talk about him like he has been a bum his whole career. He was an all star a few years back.

I hope he picks it up.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not year in and year out.

Jackson has had 2 bad years consecutively and he's the anti-christ but because Wood had 1 really good year in his last 4, he's a lock for the rotation. That makes no sense.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The worst starter in the NL deserves a break??? Wow!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Jackson has had 2 bad years consecutively and he's the anti-christ but because Wood had 1 really good year in his last 4, he's a lock for the rotation. That makes no sense.
What can I tell you..
Put him on your fantasy team if you have that much faith in him

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The worst starter in the NL deserves a break??? Wow!

You have to look at why he is the worst starter. It's not that he is the worst pitcher, it's that he has had the worst luck.

If you think that this Edwin Jackson will continue to show up, you're being ignorant. He has the highest LD% of his career and the highest BABIP. They just aren't sustainable.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter how Edwin Jackson pitched this year or last year, fans were going to find a reason to complain regardless and fans would have said "he was overpaid" no matter what. He could have a 2.00 ERA and people would still say he is a 4 or 5. Also, I believe at the time Jackson was signed he was also the best pitcher available because Anibal Sanchez signed with the Tigers (I think the Cubs offered Sanchez more money than the Tigers???)

Jackson was already picked as the scapegoat from the moment the Cubs signed him.

Yeah he has struggled and always seems to have that one bad inning but I don't get how people can talk about him like he has been a bum his whole career. He was an all star a few years back.

I hope he picks it up.

This is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

He has been awful, and you say fans would have complained even if he had been great. Why? What makes you say that?

this is absolute nonsense.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

You misspelled "Oblivious", Captain.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
You have to look at why he is the worst starter. It's not that he is the worst pitcher, it's that he has had the worst luck.

If you think that this Edwin Jackson will continue to show up, you're being ignorant. He has the highest LD% of his career and the highest BABIP. They just aren't sustainable.
He'll suck less but still be in contention as the worst pitcher of 2014. Thats a fair and honest assesment.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Why does this fucking Valbuena own a glove?

He has no business on the field.

If he's a hitter, trade his sorry ass to the AL.

He absolutely KILLS the Cubs in the field.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Edwin Jackson has had the worst luck..good joke. :rofl:

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess CO has missed Edwin Jackson's ENTIRE career.

The dude is a fucking bum. Get with reality.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yea.. 5 IP 7 hits 5 Runs against the frickn Padres and now a 5.68 ERA..

I think its a bit more then just bad luck for him, sorry

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Fudge.. bstting practice against Wesley wright tonight