IST: Soler v Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Baez's K's are frustrating, but I'd rather have him up learning now than mashing the ball in AAA and struggle when he comes up next season.

And that goes for Bryant too. If Bryant is going to have some months of lumps, do it now, right? It has a negative affect on off-season FA as well as the 2015 season IMO

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
And that goes for Bryant too. If Bryant is going to have some months of lumps, do it now, right? It has a negative affect on off-season FA as well as the 2015 season IMO

Yeah, I'm mixed on him coming up right now. I just trust Theo and the system..hopefully it pays off.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I am wondering if besides adding a year of team control, the thought is that calling the other primary prospects up now, let's them get some of the adjustment period at MLB level out of the way. Then they only have one prospect who is a noob in May, which is a benefit to the lineup.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm mixed on him coming up right now. I just trust Theo and the system..hopefully it pays off.

The only thing I trust is that we all make mistakes. This seems like an obvious one to me :shrug:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I am wondering if besides adding a year of team control, the thought is that calling the other primary prospects up now, let's them get some of the adjustment period at MLB level out of the way. Then they only have one prospect who is a noob in May, which is a benefit to the lineup.

I dunno. Honestly when Bryant comes up I think he becomes the second best hitter right off the bump

theberserkfury

Liked Posts:
Rizzo's back is keeping him out today... :/

Would have been nice to see him in the lineup with Soler, but I guess that'll just have to wait till tomorrow...?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Predictions for Soler...1 for 4 single three k

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dunno. Honestly when Bryant comes up I think he becomes the second best hitter right off the bump

I wouldn't say all that. I just want to see him be productive the first couple of deasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say all that. I just want to see him be productive the first couple of deasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Im saying he's that good to be right behind Rizzo from the gate. He may not produce right away but it will be just time and short at that before he's the best hitter on the team

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Im saying he's that good to be right behind Rizzo from the gate. He may not produce right away but it will be just time and short at that before he's the best hitter on the team

Well if you look at tonight's line up I approve of the construction of it.

Cog leading off. LH decent OBA.
Baez then Castro.

4th Valbuena breaking up the RH.

Then Soler and Castillo
With Alcanara again breaking up some RH
Finally Valikia.

When Bryant gets up he slots #3 with Rizzo hitting 4. Castro #6 and Castillo 8. That line up should be productive.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
It is tempting to let Bryant hit 4 and Soler 5.

My opinion is Castro ends up traded when Russell promotes.

Line up then would be Russell hitting 2 and Baez hitting 5 or 6 with Soler.

In the end of the day Ricky is going to end up RH heavy and he is going to have to use the LH bats to split them up.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Baez found worse than a SO...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castillo just hosed Hamilton. Baez with the nice swipe tag. No wasted motion by those 2. Only way to get Hamilton.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soler!!!!!! Back to back jacks! Look at the fucking power!

Status
Not open for further replies.