(IST) WCF: (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Anaheim Ducks

Who will win this matchup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Hawks in 5

I think it's time for Andersen to come back down to Earth. He will be the easiest goalie the Hawks have faced in the postseason. If we can light up Rinne and Dubnk, we should't have a problem with Andersen. Stopping the Ducks offense won't be easy, especially with Runbad in the line up, but if Crawford can keep playing like how he has, I think we can make quick work of the Ducks.

We must find ways to close out this team if we have a lead though, something the Jets or Flames couldn't figure out.

And fuck Corey Perry.

Anderson is actually pretty good. Much better then Dubnyk overall and no can't compare him to Rinne at all not many guys are the level that Pekker can be when he is at his best. I am not underestimating Anderson at all even though he should face a much stronger offensive threat than he has so far these playoffs. Nor has the Ducks overall defense.

I worry about Kesler. He's not a good match up for Richards in my opinion. I don't like the idea that the Ducks have both Getzlaf and Kesler to go to if they want to get match ups on Toews either. That sucks for Toews and he could very well have a frustrating series because of it. Both guys are physical centers. Then we have to deal with dirt ball Perry ontop of that...whom will probably be sent out to be a total prick on Kane.

I don't think it's going to be an easy series by any stretch. I think it's going to grind the Hawks alot more than the previous ones. But I do believe the Hawks defense will be the trump card as it does have more depth with or without Rosi. Could be Seabs series this one. Hawks are going to have to play physical hockey..they will just need to. Saad could be made for this type of series also if he continues doing what he has been doing. With Toews about to become a tightly marked player...Saad and Hossa will have to do a lot to counter that.

Also coaching. Q is going to have to watch his matchups and I don't think having first change for most of this series is going to help him get away from Getzlaf or Kessel very easilly.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
anderson is actually pretty good. Much better then dubnyk overall and no can't compare him to rinne at all not many guys are the level that pekker can be when he is at his best. I am not underestimating anderson at all even though he should face a much stronger offensive threat than he has so far these playoffs. Nor has the ducks overall defense.

I worry about kesler. He's not a good match up for richards in my opinion. I don't like the idea that the ducks have both getzlaf and kesler to go to if they want to get match ups on toews either. That sucks for toews and he could very well have a frustrating series because of it. Both guys are physical centers. Then we have to deal with dirt ball perry ontop of that...whom will probably be sent out to be a total prick on kane.

I don't think it's going to be an easy series by any stretch. I think it's going to grind the hawks alot more than the previous ones. But i do believe the hawks defense will be the trump card as it does have more depth with or without rosi. Could be seabs series this one. Hawks are going to have to play physical hockey..they will just need to. Saad could be made for this type of series also if he continues doing what he has been doing. With toews about to become a tightly marked player...saad and hossa will have to do a lot to counter that.

Also coaching. Q is going to have to watch his matchups and i don't think having first change for most of this series is going to help him get away from getzlaf or kessel very easilly.

#colbywilldie

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I say the Hawks in 6.

The Hawks wont shrink in the same way that the Flames did in that 3rd and overtime.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also coaching. Q is going to have to watch his matchups and I don't think having first change for most of this series is going to help him get away from Getzlaf or Kessel very easilly.

I hate to be "that guy" but Kessel plays for Toronto. You meant Keslar.

I get it though. I couldn't keep them straight last year during the Olympics.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I hate to be "that guy" but Kessel plays for Toronto. You meant Keslar.

I get it though. I couldn't keep them straight last year during the Olympics.

I just have an obsession with fatty Kessel and I can't get him out of my head. No player in the NHL fascinates me more than that tub o lard.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Meh. Shut down Getzlaf and Perry and you shut down the Ducks. They're a one line team that's been feasting on cupcakes this postseason. Playing the Hawks will be quite the shock to their system. Also, Bruce Boudreau....lol.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Rundblad against a physical Ducks team is going to scare the hell out of me. Can't see anyway that turns out well, but I'll certainly be hoping it does...somehow.

Will be the best center depth the Blackhawks have faced in the playoffs and it could create some match up issues at times. Kesler has been a pain in the ass against the Hawks and I fully expect him to continue it.

Should be a great series. If the Blackhawks can handle the physical game of the Ducks (And really the first series that I expect to be physical for the Hawks) then I like their chances. Should be able to draw some penalties against a team that will run around at times and will need to capitalize on them.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Meh. Shut down Getzlaf and Perry and you shut down the Ducks. They're a one line team that's been feasting on cupcakes this postseason. Playing the Hawks will be quite the shock to their system. Also, Bruce Boudreau....lol.

We also won the season series 2-1 (The only loss was here at the UC, a 1-0 game in October.), so that makes me feel good. Here's the highlights of the only loss.... [video]http://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/recap?id=2014020131[/video]

Considering what actually happened in that game we lost, I think we could throw it out and say we've got an even better chance than I thought.

Scott Darling was in net as was John Gibson (We've never fared well against backups, no clue why) when he was hot at the time. Devante Smith-Pelly was the guy who scored in that one, but he's in Montreal, it was a SHG, and that was when Hossa and Richards were on point during the PP, which we really haven't applied much of as of late. Jeremy Morin was also on our team at the time.

After seeing all this, I think its safe to say we can throw it out.

Chances are, we won't be seeing John Gibson unless Mr. Andersen lays a big fat egg.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
I'm sticking with Hawks in 6 out of respect. They're the #1 team in the West for a reason.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So looks like this series will start Thursday or Friday? Correct?

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So looks like this series will start Thursday or Friday? Correct?

If Tampa-Montreal goes 7, than the series will likely begin on Friday. If Tampa wraps it up tomorrow night, than likely Thursday.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
A possible game 7 with Tampa/Montreal could be Thursday.
My guess would be Friday game 1, so it sets up a Sunday tilt for game 2 that can be nationally broadcast. Not sure if golf or parasailing may take precedence over the NHL on NBC on terms of coverage.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If Tampa-Montreal goes 7, than the series will likely begin on Friday. If Tampa wraps it up tomorrow night, than likely Thursday.
Gonna suck for those who want to watch both the Bulls and Hawks if Hawks start Thursday as Bulls-Cavs Game 6 is Thursday.

A possible game 7 with Tampa/Montreal could be Thursday.
My guess would be Friday game 1, so it sets up a Sunday tilt for game 2 that can be nationally broadcast. Not sure if golf or parasailing may take precedence over the NHL on NBC on terms of coverage.

That's actually a good guess, if they care about national coverage. NBC probably get a ratings boost if they broadcast a Chicago game though.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Gonna suck for those who want to watch both the Bulls and Hawks if Hawks start Thursday as Bulls-Cavs Game 6 is Thursday.

Especially if the floor is still slippery for the Bulls game.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honda Center is booked the next two Saturdays.
Probably will be Friday/Sunday.
The Preakness is also Saturday, so NBC will probably push for a Sunday tilt, since the Blackhawks draw viewers.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hawks in 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.